Monday, March 6, 2017

March 6, 2017

Another week gone, it seems to go by faster each week. I think it's because I LOVE writing letters so much. I guess it's not that I don't like writing, it just doesn't seem like I have much to write about.
This morning as I was getting ready for church I was listening to a talk given by Sis. Neil Marriot. First off I love listening to her southern accent and she's pretty funny too. But I've listened to this particular talk quite a few times while preparing lessons for young women's and just because I really like it. My favorite part of the talk is her family motto "It will all work out". Through whatever life throws at us, it does all work out. Maybe not how we plan it or what we think we want, but it all works out. I was thinking about how she said she asked if there was anything else she needed to work on  and her prayer was answered. Not necessarily how she wanted and letting go of basically prideful feelings wasn't easy but it was what she asked for and needed. Definitely something I need to work on. Asking what heavenly needs me to do or how I can be of service each day. I don't really think things that way.
This week was another pretty uneventful week. Carson had practice Monday. It snowed. Don't remember what we did Tuesday- oh we went to Carson's orchestra concert and got pizza after . It snowed. Wednesday dad and Carson took his goose boxes out to the DWR office in Penrose (30 miles past the end of the road😕). And he went to YM to work on their go kart. Thursday dad and Carson threw for a while and then went to the Colling's to hit in their cage. Dad said the building is way nice and that Ben's warthog I s huge. Friday dad and I went to the Jazz game. They played the nets. They actually won, but I don't think the nets are very good. Carson didn't have school so he and Kelsey went skating and then he went with them to take grandma to dinner for her birthday. And then he went to Kelsey's and hung out and watched movies and played games Til Taylor and Kayla got off work and he spent the night at their house. He spent the day with them and dad and I slept in and had a completely lazy day and binge watched some Netflix. We did have to go to work in the afternoon for a while, but it was nice to just do nothing for a day. There's were lots of things we probably should have been doing but there's always another day I guess.
All in a a pretty laid back week. It's supposed to snow more tonight and then again at the end of the week. I think I might come visit for a couple months Til the weather turns to summer here. I'm super tired of the crappy weather. I noticed that it's supposed to be in the 90's there all this week. I think our high is like 50.
So how was your week?  Any new contacts? Baptisms? Did Sabrina and the other guy decide to get baptized this week?  How about the truck driver? Have you been able to visit him again?
I'm starting to put together a package for you for Easter. Do you need anything?
Have a great week. Work hard.
Love
Mom

Hola mis queridos!!!! How are all of you? I have just been burning it up here in Quezalte... We are dying of heat stroke... Hahha when it is 85+ every day that is just our life. So this week wasn't too bad. We struggled in finding a lot of new investigators. But we had some really good lessons with our 3 really good investigators. So the first one was with Sabrina. We just taught about faith and doubts. How she needs to doubt her doubts before her faith. Then the next time we brought the bishop. She didn't read the Book of Mormon so we read with her. Then the bishop shared his testimony about reading. Then she had a question about baptisms for the dead. We said we'll talk about it the next time we come. So we studied and studied for this. We showed them in the bible because that's where you find the doctrine (; We showed them how there was temples before and what they had. Then we showed them what we have in our temples. They were like okay I get it. Then we explained how everyone would have the opportunity to receive the gospel and that we have baptisms for the dead and stuff like that. Then the mom who never talks started to ask us questions if her dad who died can be baptized and if she died without being baptized if she could be. We were really surprised but prepared. We helped them understand all of their questions and we are pretty sure we put something in her heart because it felt so different when we had that lesson. We also did a service. I built my first fence and if you notice all the Latinos are on one side and I'm on the other. Trump come hire me (; the other was a ward baptism and this kid I explained in my voice recording. Well that was my week have a great week!!! Love you!!!!

Mom:  And you're early again so we are just having lunch. What have you got going on today that you're early?

Jackson:  We have the whole district with us and they wanted to write.

Mom:  So where are all the elders in your district from?  Are there any sister missionaries there?  I know you don't have any in your district but in your zone or mission?

Jackson: Yes there are sisters here. In the zone. One from Logan, one from Blanding, 2 from Guatemala, one from DR, one from El Salvador

Mom:  How many times do your investigators have to come to church before you can baptize them?  Just wondering what they have to do to pass the interview?

Jackson:  3

Mom:  What else do they have to do?  Just wondering-- we have a girl that's being baptized this weekend

Jackson:  Have 3 weeks not breaking the law of chastity and word of wisdom and pass an interview

Mom:  Yeah- I guess it's really not that hard to do if you're a kid.  I just always worry that these grandparents push to get theses kids baptized and then they never see the inside of the church again.
Jackson:    Haha the grandparents never go..

Mom:  nope they don't-- just long enough to get permission to be able to baptize her.  It's really kind of sad. Hopefully  maybe that is what will motivate them to get active.  But it doesn't usually work that way.  
I don't know how much time you have left, but you look good and it's great to see you smiling!  Keep working hard, it will pay off BIG!  (maybe not necessarily in ways you can quantify, but big nonetheless.)  We Love you!
Love
Mom
BTW-- I like the new glasses I sent you MUCH better than the black ones.  They look really good on you.-- not like an old man either. ;)

Why aren't you using your gloves we sent you?  And why are you building a fence in the dark?


 Service Project- Fence Building
 8 year old member baptism.
Voice Recording:
Well, This week, we had a good week.  We were contacting and trying to find people- we didn't find that many this week, but we had a good week.  Highlight of the week, we baptized a nino, doesn't count for us because he's only 8 years old and his mom's a member.  So, kind of stinks for that, but it's alright.  His name is Justin.  He's kind of a mean kid, when he get's mad, wow- it's insane.  He gets mad a lot too.  We also talked to Sabrina about temples and baptism for the dead.  Which was a really good lesson.  Even her mom was interested and started asking questions. And we were like WOW, I think we found what she was looking for or something like that.  It was really cool to see that.  We also- wow, I don't even remember what we did- I think I separated my ribs, but eh it's alright-- hard to breathe, hurts, but we're all good- not like we can do anything.  This week I have to give a talk in church about missionary work.  Kinda sucks because I couldn't use my excuse that I don't know Spanish because the bishop came with us to a lesson and he knows that I can speak Spanish now so I can't say that anymore.  It kinda stinks.  What else did we do this week?  We . . . . went to a popa a few times- kinda sucks going to a popa. (I don't know what that is or means, I even looked it up on google translate)  We had a good district meeting I guess. I don't remember what it was even about, I don't pay attention half the time.  
Jefferson, our investigator, turned 16 yesterday and today we are going to do something for him.  After I write and everything.  It's going to be pretty cool.  We're going to buy him a cake and something like that.  Visit with him, have a lesson with him, have a good time.  
Well, that was our week.  We had fun we did work.  That's how we roll.
Jackson Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment