Monday, February 27, 2017

Feb 27, 2017

Another month gone. It is amazing how quick the time passes.   This letter writing thing comes around pretty quickly.
We were reading scriptures tonight and it was interesting. I got a BOM study so we started over and are readying some of the D&C at the same time. We aren't going very fast through the BOM. But it's different than we normally do. Anyway we are in 1 Nephi 2:15. My father dwelt in a tent. We were talking about it and I asked Carson why that scripture was even in the book?  Is it important?  His answer was that yes it is important. It shows us how much Lehi was willing to leave behind to listen to the lord and do hard things. They were rich and he left his nice bed and lived in a tent. I don't think I would be willing to do that. I HATE camping!!
It shows his faith and trust in the Lord.
That was pretty much all we got through as far as scripture reading. Somehow we got off track and talked about when the Muslim religion started with Abraham's wife Hagar and son Ishmael. And how old was Noah and Methuselah. And the 3 Nephites and Carson's question- how do they get around? Teleporting?๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. I don't know, but he's a dufus!  We did not, however, get so far off track that he was quoting Nacho Libre for an hour before we could say prayer. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
Taylor sang in sacrament meeting for me today. Kayla played the piano for him. He did great!  He sang I stand all amazed.
The talks were good too. The couple that moved into the cooks house spoke and Abby smith and Tyler Cordner (I don't think I told you, but Todd and Jana adopted Tyler and Gracie officially in January- it's pretty awesome-  they are great kids.).
Well this week has been pretty uneventful. Just more rain and snow. The river is flooded and the Normans field below the office is about 3' deep with water. It's up over the road that goes around the fields not quit over the banks of the ditch that separates us from the field. But the ditch is full so if it comes over we will have the water too. We've hauled in about 3' of rock to build up the yard so it keeps the water out but I don't know if it will be enough. There's a lot of water.
I took Taylor and Kayla to breakfast out at the golden spike for Taylor's birthday while dad and Carson went out to Locomotive springs with Leonard's church group to go rabbit hunting. It was muddy and cold, but Carson said it was fun. They had AR 15's and other big guns. Dad said when the apocalypse comes he wants to be with them. Lots of fire power. They didn't see much for rabbits but Carson said he wasn't leaving Til he killed something. So he and dad each shot a tweety bird. They shot the other guns. Carson said he mostly shot the .22 pistol of dads to get some practice with it. We did carne asada for Taylor's birthday dinner on Saturday. I made the marinade for the meat and everything since dad wasn't home. We did homemade chips, dad made his black bean and corn salsa and Kayla made molten lava cakes. It all turned out really good. At least I thought so.
I still need to finish painting the base boards in the living room but can't seem to get motivated. I need to clean my car too but it's just too cold to go out in the garage to do it. I am way past done with winter.  I really just want to stay in bed all day and do nothing but read. But I have stuff to do so I do it. Mostly anyway ๐Ÿ˜ณ. We were thinking about going to a spring training game but it's just not going to happen with Carson's new baseball team. We are headed to St George for March Madness and then again April 1st. Then the regular season starts on the 15th. I think it's going to be good. He likes the kids and the coaches.
So how was your week?  Did your baptisms happen?
Is the weather rainy still or just hot?
How were the falls last week?  Who went with you?   What are they called?
How big is your area?
Well, work hard, be open to the promptings of the spirit. Be kind to those you come in contact with.
Love you
Mom

So this week was a pretty successful week. We found a few new good people to teach. We didn't have our baptisms and I was a little sad. But this week we really are going  to baptize them. So we went to a cascada and it was super chivo. But we had two comp exchanges this week and I learned a ton from other missionaries. But we had a really good week. I am proud of our work and we are going to continue to work hard. Super happy that I am a missionary. I don't think I said this but I learned how much a soul was worth. In D&C 18 it says that the worth of souls is great. But how great I found that it is something really really great. In Matthew 26:28 says That the blood of Jesus Christ is the worth that he paid. So the worth of souls is the blood of Jesus Christ. I found that and wanted to share with you. I love you!!! Have a great week!

Mom:  Well, that's a bummer that your baptisms didn't happen, but if they aren't ready then it's probably for the best.  Keep working at it and good things will happen.  Who went with to the water fall?

Jackson:  Just the 4 elders in Quezalte and Alejandro

Mom:  So what fun things did you do today?

Jackson:  Played a game and I dicked up my ribs again...

Mom:  You Need to be more careful you know.  We don't need you going to the hospital down there.  We do have new health insurance.  Let me know if you need me to send you the info.





There is honey in the bottle-- The person's house they are in has bees and make their own hone.

Our Water  ( I sent pictures of the water level by our office)




Jackson:  Wow... Make sure my stuff doesn't get wet...

Mom:  So far we are ok. Kristal and Ben's septic system is full of ground water and they have been pumping for 3 weeks. But we haven't had anything up to our house. 

Jackson:  Better not!!!!

Mom:  Tremonton and Garland have declared a state of emergency and the national guard has been in helping fill sandbags and cleaning up people's homes. It's a pretty big mess and there is still 12' of snow in the mountains to melt and come down as spring run off. This pretty much is just the first wave of water. When it finally decides to warm up we will have a ton more water. 

Jackson:  Wow keep my stuff dry :)

Mom:  That shouldn't be a problem.  Carson has been wearing all your stuff so most of it is upstairs.
I guess you are out of time.  Have a great week!! Don't get too discouraged about the baptisms, just keep being their friend and supportive and show them not just tell what the gospel can bring into their lives.  Being a member of the church is hard, but being without it is harder.  For me it really isn't an option. I can see the Lord's hand in my life even when I probably don't deserve it and I can't imagine a life without the guidance that the gospel offers.
 
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment