Monday, April 17, 2017

April 10, 2017





The week's keep flying by. And turning into months. It's hard to believe that 9 months has gone by. It's gone quick but slow at the same time.
Things here are pretty much the same as normal. Always looking for good drivers at work and dealing with all that trucking entails. Sometimes it's rewarding and always a challenge. The part I hate is the ups and downs of freight. One week we have way more than we can do and the next week we have to scrape and fight for what we get. It kind of sucks. But it hasn't really changed in almost 25 years so I don't know what I'm thinking is going to happen.
So work is stressful but we will middle through.
Dad said a while back when things weren't going so hot with trucks and drivers- "I wonder where those missionary blessings are?"  And I just said, "you know we are receiving them every minute of every day. Some of the situations we have had could have ended up in much worse circumstances than they did."  We do see the hand of the Lord in everything we do each day. Sometimes we have to take a step back to see it, but he is there taking care of us. Not giving us the easy way out, and making us think of different approaches to things we have been doing for years and adjusting to new laws etc. but still there guiding us and helping us to make sound decisions.   Change is always a hard things and our drivers don't like it. Even though most of the time it's not us forcing the big changes. It's the government- what a pain in the neck!!
Carson played well this weekend. They only got one game in but a good warmup for regular season play to start on Saturday. I think they have the jitters worked out so they should play well.
I guess they are going to be playing in the providence league too so they play on Tuesday and Thursday.  So he will get lots of playing time. Hopefully not at the sacrifice of good practice but it will be fun.
It's been a Monday morning. Not all good,  not all bad but a Monday. It exhausts me.
So how was your week?  Anything fun, cool experiences?  How's the dog bite?  Hopefully you're taking care of it good. What kind of shot did you get?  I see you're still a big girl about shots😂😂.   How's the new companion?
I was listening to some of the conference talks again after church yesterday and two of the talks from the Sunday afternoon session by Spanish speaking 70's were geared to some of the situations you have been in with your investigators. It's interesting that pretty much everything has already been done. But each person has to overcome their own issues individually.
Anyway. Have a great week.
Love you
Mom

So this week was wild. I was working really hard and we did get the work done this week with 2 days less I'll tell you about the 2 days in a second. So we found 4 new people that we put a baptismal date with. They are all really good. Even 2 of them went a 1/2 an hour to go to stake conference with us!!! It was awesome. Even Sabrina and Alex committed to be baptized the 22nd of April.I am so happy. I just hope this time they don't back out... Anyways now the part that you all are waiting for. I got bit by a dog this week. Man did it hurt. I didn't think that it would hurt so bad but yep it did. I had to go get rabies shots because it was a street dog. I got 4 huge shots in my leg and 1 in both arms. Then I had to go get more because it is a live virus shot. So I have to take a shot ever certain amount of days or it was worth nothing the first shots. So we had to go to the hospital Saturday in San Salvador like 1 and a 1/2 away because quezalte didn't have the shot. We got lost so it took even longer... Wow. Well that was my crazy week!!! Love you!!
Mom:  So What's up today?

Jackson:  Nothing much we played soccer and ate now were writing. I am finishing the letter.

Mom:  How were all the new investigators with their baptismal dates?  Did Sabrina and ?? I can't remember the other guy you were talking about being baptized in the next couple weeks decide to commit?
Jackson:  YES the 22 of April!!!!

Mom:  That's awesome!  What do you think made the change of heart?

Jackson:  The Book of Mormon. They are actually reading it.

Mom:  That's awesome.  Just like Elder Costa said in his talk about his conversion.  That when he wasn't reading the Book of Mormon, the answers weren't coming.


Jackson:  I know it is awesome.

Mom:  Well, that was disappointing.  Alejandro told us all about the dog bit and had a video of you getting one of the shots that he sent me.  I guess it doesn't pay to get news early because I already knew that.  :(
Hey, Taylor Baton got her mission call to the Philippines.  She enters the MTC in the Philippines on Fri. Aug. 18th.  She is pretty stoked.  I'm not sure if Roger is all the way on board sending his daughter to a third world country, but it will all turn out fine.  Even after I heard you had been bitten by a dog, I was a little excited, but not too bad.  I'm actually a little more concerned now that you're telling me you had to get rabies shots.  How many times do you have to go get shots? or are you done?   And what the crap are you doing getting bit by a dog?

Jackson:  I'm sorry. Sometimes the dogs don't like when you walk in their area... But its all good. Rabies shots aren't too bad!

Mom:  Well, make sure you take care of it so it doesn't get infected.  Can't you run faster than your companion?? Seriously ;)  You know you just have to be faster than he is.

Jackson:  I told dad the story we weren't running.

Mom:  Well-- You're probably almost done.  Love you Bud!!  Have a great week!
Voice Recording:
Well Another week down.  It was a pretty good week this week, well, I don't know.  We had some good success this week, but some other things happened that weren't too cool.  So start with Tues.  we went with Jefferson and it was a really good lesson and then we talked to him and was like, well the thing is my relationship with God isn't that good.  So we're like hey, do you want to have a better one?  He was like Yes, yes, I want to.  So we explained to him how he could and it was really great. and then we went for my companion to do a baptismal interview, and the guy passed and I was really happy for him.  because now Elder Latu is going to baptize his first change, we're pretty sure.  but then we went to work and went to a lady that's blind, well pretty much blind, can't see at all.  but we try and take her to church and everything and we're teaching her.  The thing that happened that her dog has puppies and this dog is really a piece of trash and really really mean always barking and that Tuesday right as went to step into the house the freaking thing bit me.  BIT ME!! right on the left calf.  Bit me real good and hurt so freaking bad, and I tried to turn around and kick it but it had already turned and ran away.  I was pissed!  We finished the lesson with her and then we called the nurse because the rule is if you get bit by a dog you have to call the nurse and everything and we know her dog isn't vaccinated, doesn't have it's immunizations and everything so they would have to go watch her dog and we didn't want to lose an investigator that's really good, so we told them it was from the street.  Then we went to the freaking centro de salud and everything is free there.  They gave me 4 shots in the leg on 1 in each arm and I still have to go more times.  It was awesome, I spent 2 hours there waiting - it was ridiculous.  And then we taught a lesson with a less active family that has 2 girls that aren't baptized, so we're going to try and baptize them and everything.  Wed I had a hard time walking because the 4 shots and the dog bite weren't too good.  but we found 7 new investigator Wed and it was really cool.   And then we went to Sabrina, she's doing good.  She's awesome.  We also talked to another one of our investigators, Isabel and she gave us Mangos.  Wow, they were really good.  That's about all we did.
Thursday we visited Brian, well, we didn't visit Brian, we visited his Grandpa.  They're just investigators.  They're really good.  He finally prayed this time, like we couldn't get him to pray forever.  but we got him to pray so it was pretty sweet.
Saturday, wow, yeah Saturday it was that we went to go get the shots again because if I don't go get them again, then I have to redo it all again because it doesn't work.  it's like a live virus kind of thing like when you take typhoid pills you have to take them a certain day or it doesn't work.  And so, they told me you have to come in and take the shots. so wen went in and the nurse said oh, well, we don't have that shot anymore and we won't have it until after Easter week.  - that's like this week and they said come back next week.  So in 2 weeks. So we're like what the freak?!  So we called the nurse and she was like well, uh, I'm going to call the doctor.  The doctor said, no more monkeys jumping on the bed!  No!!  He said we had to go to the hospital in San Salvador and it was horrible.  And the thing cost $75, but fortunately my insurance covered it and everything.  and so it was way fast  they just went in and popped it in.  The shringes were way cooler than the other ones, they didn't even hurt.
Then we went to Stake Conference, we got a new stake president, he's straight Pilate.  My comp's making fun of me.  We went to stake conference and got pilot for our stake president.  His nick name is Pilate because he just, he washes his hands.  He always just says, oh yeah, you guys need to do this and that, but I'm only here to lead because he was in the stake presidency before.  And then started to work and contacted a ton, but we didn't get like any houses.  and we contacted this one guy.  Wow, he was bitter, sour, this man is sour.  So we were like hey, how are you? and He was all What do you guys want?  We're like ok, this is kind of normal.  So I was like, I'm going to ask for water this time, just trying something different right?  Hey you think you could give us some water?  He said to his son, go get them 2 bags of water.  I was like hey this guy is sweet.  and then - oh yeah, we drink bags of water here, we don't drink bottles-- an I was like this guy's sweet, so my comp goes hey, what's your name?  Why do you want to know my name?   We're like what the freak?  This guy's sour now.  We're like ok.  Oh, well, we just want to get to know you, we're missionaries and everything.  He's like I don't want to know your name, so why do you want to know mine?   We're like Uh?? And then I was like, because we're missionaries and we want to share a message with you.  And he was like no.  You asked me for water, I gave you water, now go on your way.  I was like woah, Wow!  So you said Good bye brother!  Like how we say brother to everybody. Hermano, Hermano.  And was like, I'm not your brother either.    We're like woah!!  how sour this guy is.  Then we found 2 young people, wow, they're really good, they're cousins.  Wow, they were amazing.  Their names are Jonathan and William.
We went to Sabrina's house and she wasn't there but Alex was and we taught him.  And he was like oh yeah, I feel; a lot better prepared for baptism now.  I was like yes yes yes!!
Well, that's all that we did.  We had a real good time.  Getting bit by a dog, getting shots, it was awesome.  Well, that's all I've got to say.  Love you, Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment