Monday, April 17, 2017

Happy Easter!! April 17, 2017

We had a good week. Carson had practice Monday. Games started Tues in providence they played the Bears. They played terrible. It was seriously the bad news bears out there. Like they had never seen a baseball before. I guess 5 of the kids on the Bears team played for the wolverines black last year and they were good so they pretty much decided that they sucked and we're going to lose before they stepped on the field.
They practiced wed. And then games on Thurs at 830. They won that one against the Malad Dragons. They looked much better. Then Saturday they played the BR Rebels at 10 and we got to see Briggs. (Connor Noorda is on that team too but he wasn't there).   They won that one and then they didn't play Til 4. So we visited with Matt and Lisa for a bit because Kade was playing on the field behind us and then chad and Sarah were there so we visited with them for a bit and watched part of Michael's first game. And went and got lunch while Carson hung out with some of the kids from his team. It actually wasn't as long of a day as I had anticipated.
Sean hung out with Carson for a while on Friday night. They hit in the cage and then they watched I think major Payne and they crack me up. They were watching one of dads VHS taped hockey games from 1995 😂😂.  They said the commercials were weird.
Sunday dad got up early and got a turkey ready to put in the oven and Carson got up a little early because he has presidency meeting at 8 and he wanted to see what the Easter bunny left.  I tried to send you the video of him- it was pretty funny. He went downstairs to get in the shower and I figured he would check out his stuff first so I was videoing and he didn't even have his eyes open and walked straight to the bathroom Til I said something. He got 2 wood bats, some lizard skin for one of them and shoes and dress pants. I only got an Easter bunny for treats.  And a big bag of treats to fill the Easter eggs for the Easter egg hunt. Carson and Kourtney hid all the eggs and all the rest gathered them up. We had like 150+ eggs so it was pretty fun. They were hilarious about dividing up their candy.
Everyone was there except Aaron and Lindsey.  So busy as usual.
We went on a jeep ride up north Ogden divide and back home through Ogden canyon. It was a nice day. I think we're going to pack a picnic for next Sunday and go out to the spiral jetty right after church.  And the next Sunday we're doing our home teaching dinner. They keep changing my visiting teaching people so I haven't added anyone new to our group. But it's a fun group. Always a good time with the Greene's, Burt's, Baker's and Bailey's.  Hopefully it's good weather and we can do a bbq outside for it. Maybe I can get dad to finish the stairs for the deck so no one breaks their neck getting on and off the deck too 😕.
There is a baby shower for Lindsey this Saturday afternoon they're calling it a Baby-Q. And just kind of doing dinner and visiting. I thought it was a cute idea. Her due date is like June 14th or something close to that so Aaron's hoping she'll have him on his birthday. Because we so need more birthdays in June in our family. 😂. So you'll have a new cousin to meet when you get home too.
I can't remember if I told you I have a new calling (additional- I didn't get released from the music) I am teaching the 6 year olds in primary. This week was my 2nd week. Dad's been helping because they don't have a partner for me yet. They are pretty dang funny. They are STARVING by the time we are supposed to go to class. So I got sliced apples for them and then forgot them in the fridge at home. But I'll remember them next week. We did the Easter lesson and watched a video. It surprises me some of the things that they know and don't know sometimes. And how eager they are to learn about the gospel and Jesus and the trust that they have in me that I will teach them good things.
Hopefully I won't let them down.
I do have some good kids in my class. Zach Bailey, Quinnlee Baton, those are probably the only ones you'll know. Zach is hilarious.
How was Easter there?  I imagine EVERYONE went to some kind of church right?! I'm guessing they are predominantly Catholic there. What kinds of things do they do to celebrate?
How are the rabies shots going?  After we wrote last week I got thinking about you and cellulitis that you like to get. Make sure to keep a close eye on yourself. Especially your eyes since that's where it usually presents itself in you and get to the dr immediately if you see signs of the redness and swelling. Remember dad had it last summer just before you left?  Well he had it in his leg again last week. We figured from catching a  couple baseballs with his leg when he's been catching with Carson. But his leg was swollen huge and red and fevered and he was throwing up and all that jazz too. So make sure to watch yourself.
Did you get your package?  I have some pants and a couple more shirts still to send. I still need to get pens and I don't know what kind of shoes you want me to get so I haven't gotten any yet.
I guess let me know what else you're thinking and I'll try and get it sent out by Wednesday this week.
How is everything else going there?  Are you still on track to baptize Sabrina and Alex this weekend?  Are they married or friends or?? You talk like they live close by each other.
Well, have a great week!
Love you,
Mom

So this week I don't have a voice recording and I don't have much to say either. I am super sorry. But this week I got another shot. I also had an activity in the Temple it was super cool. There is a chapel right next to the temple. We did like a tour and talked about the church and the things about the church. I was Moroni. I talked about the Book of Mormon and how I put the plates in the ground. Members and investigators were invited. So I saw all the members from my other area I was so happy. We took a bunch of pictures but I forgot my freaking battery charging at the house so I didn't get any. But we also had Sabrina and Alex go. Guess what they said yesterday that they are going to be baptized!!!! I am pretty sure that I am going to do the ordinance for one of them too. I am so happy. That honestly is all we did this week. I am so sorry that this is all I have but ya.... Love you!!!!s

Mom:  So What did you have to write the president about?

Jackson:  I have to write every week I just had more to say to him this week.

Mom:  So what do you write to him about?

Jackson:  What do you feel terrible about?  you don't feel good? What?

Mom:  So why don't you just copy the letter you sent to him and send it to us too? :)  He probably gets all the details.  How are things going with your companion?  Did you get your package?

Jackson:  No I didn't get my package. I made him cry last night because he was acting like a baby and it is in Spanish because oh ya my president is Latino. hahaha But we are all good now. My comp and I.

Mom:  What are you making him cry for?  It's all good-- tell him he probably needs to 'cowboy up'  --  

Jackson:  He was upset because another elder ripped on him ha he thought that was getting ripped on.

Mom:  so it wasn't really you that made him cry-- you just told him to suck it up.  :) What was he getting ripped on about?

Jackson  :  No he was mad that another elder said something and then I told him if he wanted to be a wuss go home and cry but we don't want wuss's here in the mission is what I told him.

Mom:  Well- If that's what needed to be said, I guess so be it. But maybe you should try and be a little bit tactful about stuff.  I know you don't really have that in your makeup but MAYBE  you could learn it and be better than Dad and I are :)  Or just tell it like it is works too ;)  
I'm kind of here laughing my butt off about this.  How are things besides that?  When are the next transfers?? I'm thinking you are looking forward to them.  

Jackson:  The 3 of May. Yes I am

Mom:  Well-- hopefully you get your package this week.  I did give the tracking info and everything to Alejandro- it was there on 4/11.   I don't know how all that works.  How is Alejandro doing?  He hasn't sent any pictures or anything for a couple weeks.  Are you still doing stuff with him?

Jackson:  Ya he is my best friend. Hey can I buy a suit? I mean I really want one because almost everyone has one...

Mom: I told you to buy one months ago.  You have money in your account.  Just let me know when you buy it so I make sure to transfer the money to pay off your card.  Buy some shoes there too please. or tell me what kind you want. 
You are probably out of time.  Love you bud!!  We are making a list of things to talk about when you call on Mother's Day.  We might even head to the cabin for the weekend.  I haven't decided.  

Jackson:  NO... Macey wants to go and talk to me... And I have like 8 minutes 

Mom:  That's fine we'll stay home then.  Carson and Kourtney might be singing in Sacrament meeting for me too.  :)

Jackson: They don't have shoes that last. Find some that last and then send pics then I'll choose.

Mom:  Have a great week.  Love your companion and have a good attitude.  
Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment