Monday, April 9, 2018

April 9, 2018





Well changes this week right. I called around to see where I was going to go. A couple people thought that I was going to go to Usulutan or San Miguel. I was like alright sweet! Then I get the call on Tuesday night. Hey you are going to be District leader in Ilobasco. What???? I'm only going to move over one area?? So I am in the same district just a different area. I have my 5th area and 12th companion. My companion is from Guatemala and his name is Elder Herrera. He just finished his training. He is a good kid and wants to learn so this should be a good change. No one told him on the day of changes that I was his comp. So I got off the bus and he thought he was going to get on another bus but then I told him we were comps and he was like are you serious??? Wow!!! He was really excited because we are already friends and have worked together. So this week was to get to know the area a little bit and also I did a baptismal interview for a girl that was 8 years old, but this girl knows more about the gospel than a ton of adults. I was proud to get to know Esmeralda (the girl). So church this week was different seeing more than 45 people there. It is a ward here so that is nice. But wow I was pretty frustrated with the young men who are passing the sacrament phones out playing some game... Wow I hope we weren't glued to our phones like they were... But they are passing the sacrament the thing to renew conevants to repent and they don't take it even a little bit seriously.... The members here are nice. But there is like a barrier here. They won't pass being the members and us being the missionaries. We need them to know that we really are just their friends and want to help them out. So we are going to change this and we are going to baptize. We have a couple fechas lined up they just need a few more things. But they should be baptized this month. Well love you guys! Have a great week!
Pics from Sensunte

Voice Recording
Well, another week went by, we're in Ilobasco now, we're not in Sensunte.  Had some changes, I'm with my 12th companion, 7th Quatemalteco, his name is Elder Herrera.  He's brand new to the mission, well not brand new, he's already go 2 changes, so he's just finished training.  A lot to learn, but we'll help him out. 
Ilobasco is a little different than Sensunte, like the Members don't have as much as a friendship with us as Sensunte did.  I don't know, like Sensunte loved the missionaries and were down to do whatever for the missionaries, but here it's like yeah, you guys are the missionaries- yep, that's it.  Like they don't  care.  They might give us a little bit of food, but they give it to us, not because they really want to.  But, we'll just see how it goes.  It should be fun, It should be great.  I know I'll have at least 5 more weeks here.  I hope I can finish out my mission here so I don't have to move again.  
I don't really know what to say, I haven't done this for a while, but I figured I needed to do it.  
UM- not much to say.  Ilobasco is like the biggest place to buy souveniers, so if I stay here, I can come home with a lot that aren't so expensive.  
Yep, well, I don't know.. . .
Oh, yeah I got a call from the Secretaries and they go. Hey how are you?  -- Good-- Hey what airport are you going to go to? --  uh, uh --  Salt Lake Right? -- Yeah, yeah, I think so. -- Alright Thanks.  and then hung up on me.  What the freak man, I've got time still.  Why are you asking me this??  But, Whatever right.?  
Well, I'm tired, I'm always tired.  Why??
Well, I guess I'll talk to you guys next week, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment