Tuesday, October 11, 2016

October 10, 2016 -- 6 Weeks in the Mission- 1st Transfer Day and new companion

Oct. 3rd
Well, exciting night. After I got done emailing you I picked up paint in Ogden, went home and took Ben and Carson to practice, came home and cleaned dad's side of the garage and moves everything to the middle, swept and mopped the floor and started painting it. I filled the paint tray and was feeling a little crampy but figured it would go away so I kept working. It was getting worse so I figured I would empty out the paint tray and go in and lay down. I emptied the paint tray and was going to put the lid on the paint and close the garage but the pain was too much. I laid down on the garage floor curled in a ball and--same thing-- figured it would subside. But it kept getting worse and I couldn't get up. So I started yelling for dad. He finally heard me and came out. I threw up a few times and was trying to get inside so dad could take me to the hospital but I couldn't do anything except lay on the floor in pain. And throw up.  Dad, Ben and grandpa gave me a blessing and I really did feel a little better but still couldn't get to the car- I couldn't even crawl. So grandma called for the ambulance. Not sure what that's going to cost but I guess it's only money right?!  So we finally got to the hospital and like always they about rip my arm apart trying to find a vein she put it right at the elbow so every time I bent my arm I thought the thing was going to come right through my arm.
Anyway after X-rays and ultrasound. I have ovarian cysts and one of them exploded causing lots of pain. That is still here but not as bad as long as I take the pain meds. So yeah exciting night. So thankful for the priesthood and the blessing and comfort that it is.
Love you
Mom
I actually wrote this while we were watching conference last week but never got it typed into an email. It was during Elder Nattress's talk.
Thinking about Jackson and laughing about the challenges he brought to me over the years.
All of it was worth it, and I love my boys so much. I can relate to Elder Natress's mother - "I will not lose you!"  I never said those exact words but that was pretty much exactly how I felt a few times over the years.
I will do whatever it takes to help you stay on the path to eternity and back to our Heavenly Father.  I always wish I had been more patient and more loving and a better teacher and mother as you were growing up. But in spite of all my short comings, you and your brothers are in the path at this point and I hope and pray each day that you will continue to make choices that keep moving you closer to the ultimate goal of a forever family with our Heavenly Father.

Love you
Mom

Oct, 9th 
What a whirlwind of a week!  I spent all day Tues. and Wed. And half of Thurs. in bed. I went to the Dr on wed. And he said basically just deal and if it gets worse come back in. 😕 otherwise he'll see me in 6 weeks for another ultrasound. I'm not sure what answer I wanted. But that wasn't it. The fact that it's not cancer - awesome, -- no surgery - again awesome. So yeah what do I want right.
So, Monday had its own letter 😊. Tues. I slept. But, while I slept, Grandma Hardy passed away.   Everyone was able to say goodbye, but still hard for everyone. Chance was able to call home for 10 minutes and talk to his parents.   Latisha said he is doing great and working hard.
Wed. Was pretty mellow. Thurs. I went to work a little before noon and worked the rest of the day. Fri I worked all day and I should have stayed home. It was a stressful, if things could go wrong they did kind of day. But it all worked out ok.
Sat. We went to Keegan's baptism and the to Carson's game they won 20-0 so they live to play another week.  Then we went to dinner with Taylor and Kayla and to Costco.
Today we had Canadian thanksgiving and had turkey for dinner. It was really good.
What have you been up to this week?  Any new contacts? How's the new companion? Where's he from?  how long has he been out?  Where did elder villatoro get transferred to?  Anyone else in the district?  We were checking the weather and it said that there was 70% chance of rain for the 10 day forecast. I keep wondering how it's so hot when it rains everyday.
Well. Work hard. Listen to the promptings you receive and good things will happen. Love you. Have a great week.

Love
Mom

Well thank you for scaring me to death that is awesome. It is also kinda of sad that grandma Hardy Passed away. I loved her. So this week I didn't do much. Well actually just Monday and Tuesday.  Monday and Tuesday nothing. Well we talked to the families that Elder Villatoro was close to because he left. Then Wednesday I got a new Latino comp. His name is Elder Perez. He is from Guatemala. We are a better companionship than  me and my old comp. He actually teaches me how to teach and is obedient!!! My last companion was not really obedient. He was really hard to work with because he didn't want to work. But now he studies with me and helps me. In less than a week I already can speak twice as much Spanish as normal because he gives me a chance to use my Spanish. It is super nice to be able to speak. He is a really good guy. Sometimes I think he is a little too strict about the rules but its all good. Also this week in my studies I saw a scripture in Alma 37. It is about the Liahona. The Liahona guided the Nephites right? The word of Christ guides us to eternal life I just thought that I should share that with you guys. I hope you had an amazing week. Please be careful mommy. I love you so much.

Te amo tanto

Elder Lancaster

Mom:  And you didn't want a new companion!  I'm so glad that you are doing good.  Remember we have talked about more than once--EXACT obedience and you will be blessed beyond imagination.  Keep up the good work!
Dad was talking with Aaron Bunderson last night and he said that in Briar's mission, they only get 30 min to email each week because missionaries were taking advantage of their time to email, so make sure that you obey that rule too. 
Briar writes a letter and takes a picture and sends it so he can take time to write people.

Jackson:  I'm good I have fast fingers. Haha. Anyways I'm obedient but not a fletchon. Fletchones no one wants them. Anyways. What the hell were you thinking? Why are you hurting yourself? I don't want to get a damn call from the Assistants or President saying oh your mom... Freaking be careful!!!!!  So next week I get to meet Dallin H Oaks. Super cool huh? Hey so I need razors... I lost them or my comp took them. I think my comp took them... Sorry mommy...

Mom:  I didn't hurt myself.  My body decided it didn't like the cysts that are growing inside me and they exploded causing PAIN!!! 
How long has your comp been out?  Who are the new elders in the district? So 2 of you Gringos :)  Who is the new district leader?  What is your new plan of attack with the new companion?  You are studying better and using your Spanish more which is awesome- anything else?  No more laying in the street thinking you're all dying? What is a Fletchone?

Jackson:  When I complete 3 months he completes 17. He is dying con todo. But there is one from Hawaii Elder Willams. And one from Hondruas Elder Gonzalez and mi comp. Elder Perez Chapin (Guatemala)

Mom:  I guess you are done for the day.  Work hard, be obedient and know that we love you and pray for you everyday (and sometimes cry for you too :)- because that's what Mom's do).
Love you  Have a great week.
Love
Mom
  
Trainer and 1st Companion Elder Villatoro from Guatemala
 Elder Rojas - 1st District
 1st District Elder Tavarez- DR, Elder Rojas- Panama, Jackson, Elder Jiminez-Guatemala, Elder Villatoro-Guatemala, Elder Barojas-Mexico
 New District- Elder Gonzalez- Honduras, Elder Barojas- Mexico, Jackson, Elder Perez- Guatemala,  Elder Williams- Hawaii, Elder Tavarez- DR




No comments:

Post a Comment