Tuesday, October 11, 2016

October 3, 2016

Thanks for emailing me.... Well anyways this week went by fast. We had super high goals so we had to work super hard. I tried my best to always stay busy and we did. The only crappy part about this week was that like every time we went out to work there was absolutely no one to talk to. Like we can't knock doors because we might get a gun in our face and we just have to find open doors and people in the street to talk to. Well there was no one in the street and all the doors were locked. So we went and prayed and found a less active member to go talk to and then we went to the recently baptized member and talked. But one day we did get a lot of contacts. We just went to the park and got contacts. That was the only day that we actually got any numbers. Today we find out if we have transfers or not, but we don't know exactly when. So conference was amazing. Kinda 2 days to relax and reload. It was great I loved the quote by Elder Hales "If we love the Savior more will we suffer less?" That got to me. No we won't suffer less physically but spiritually we will suffer less because we won't go away from the straight and narrow path. Well that is all I have to say this week it would have been cool if you wrote me. I'm going to send letters tomorrow I think so that should be good for you. Love you guys.

Love 

Elder Lancaster

I didn't get my letter sent on Sunday night like I normally do- and he has been emailing pretty late in the afternoon on Monday, so I figured I had plenty of time to get my letter finished at lunchtime. :)

So how was your week?  Give me a detailed run down of each day 😊.  Our week was busy with house projects again. Carson came in the garage on Saturday and told me there was something wrong with me. That nothing was ever good enough. (I had swept and mopped the middle bay and was painting the stairs and the floor with epoxy paint). It looks really good. I just have 2/3 left to finish 😕. The hard part is going to be moving everything off the shelves etc. I guess it will be the perfect opportunity to dejunk a bunch of stuff that has been buried in the corner of the garage for years that we can't get to because there's so much crap in the way.   Dad can't help do that though because he can't get rid of anything. We got new caps with lights for the posts on the deck and he was freaking out about how getting rid of the old ones because we might need them again. Really?
We worked on replacing the window wells all week. Monday we dug the first one out. Tues we did a little more digging. Wed. We sanded and ground the rust off the window frames and painted it. Thurs I went and exchanged the wells for shorter ones and we hung the first one and filled the whole back in.   Carson and I went to Azalea's soccer game too. She played well. I also met her mom and little sister. We missed the end of the game because I had to take Carson to football practice, but it was fun.
Fri  Taylor and I dug out the second one except for the one corner that for some reason was like concrete and I couldn't dig it any more so dad finished digging. We sanded and painted the window frames and put in the well--In the dark. I was holding the new shop light for dad to drill the holes for the screws.-- but it was in. I couldn't even lift my left arm by the end of the day and we still needed to fill the hole back in and out some more dirt on the first one we did. We lowered them each down 3 inches to give a little more light into the basement and we got the safety guards primed to repaint before we put them back too.
Sat. We went to Carson's football game at 830am. They beat Skyview 24-14. They played pretty good. Carson had a good game.
We went to the coop for lunch and then went home and got to work. We filled in the window well and got the bark back in. We need some more bark but maybe if it quits raining this week we can get that done.
Carson went to Ben's for a couple hours and dad went to work and then he and Taylor and dad went to priesthood meeting. I was working on the garage until I ran out of paint which was just after they left.
Sunday we watched conference and Azalea came for the 2nd session and had dinner with us.
My favorite talk was elder Nelson on having joy in spite of the struggles. I thought of you and hope that you have joy through your experiences as a missionary. That you will be able to look back on your time their as being a great experience of joy, and sorrow and learning. But mostly joy!!
Love you
Mom

Mom:  I just sent my letter.  I was going to finish it at lunch time because I had some stuff at home I wanted to add to it.  You haven't been emailing til about 3pm so I figured I had lots of time to finish it.  :) 
What did you do for Conference?  Did you have lunch at the Church?   Do the members have to travel a long way to come to watch?  

Jackson:  It was in my capilla (church building) so no it wasn't far. And I sat in a A/Ced room and watched it with the other Elder that knows English. So that was good. No we had lunch at Mami's house so it was normal. 

Mom: So what is on your agenda for this week?  Any baptisms scheduled?  You said you have 10 baptismal dates?  So do the members try to feed you or  is it just the rule that you have the one family that takes care of you?
Jackson:  The members can feed us but honestly we don't get much help from the members. But we have a lot of dates but a lot fall through due to the word of wisdom and other things. We have a really positive girl named Doris that we are sure of this week but who knows. 
Hey will you buy me that journal and send it with my Christmas package? and will you send my retainer? I want some serious nice teeth when I go home

Mom:  Did you get your package yet?

Jackson:  The oriente assistants have them we think or I'm getting it today.

Mom:  That's good.  Are you getting along well with your companion?  Do you talk much with him yet or is it still super hard to communicate?  You know once you get the language barrier down a lot of things will come easier, but there will still be stuff that's hard.  Are you Happy? 

Jackson:  Ya he helps me and we can communicate. My Spanish is pretty good to be honest.

Mom:  Did they get both packages I sent or just one?

Jackson:  Well we don't know. Is my newest one in the office?

Mom:  I figured once you decided not to worry about how it came out and to just talk that you would pick it up pretty quick.  I'm glad.  The elders you are with look like they are pretty fun.  Do you think you'll get transferred already?  Taylor's first area I think he was there for 2 transfers with his trainer, but every mission and missionary is different.  You didn't answer my question -- Are you Happy?

Jackson:  Mom siempre estoy feliz :) and no I think my companion might get transferred he has been in this area for 6 months. 

Mom:  I have no idea.  I haven't tried the tracking # on it yet.  I just sent it last Monday.  It's the one with the recorders.  I'll go get the # and check it really quick.  It cost a lot more to send it that way so I guess if it works, that's the way we'll send your Christmas. 

Jackson:  Sweet :)

Mom:  I know you're always Happy.  Except when you're Hungry :)  Then you're just flat out mean.  How is the food?  What kind of stuff do you eat or is it mainly just beans and rice?

Jackson:  Ya mainly that and a lot of pupusas I am getting a little pudgy ha SIKE!!!! I think this month we are going to get a gym membership because I want to work out everyday. I'm going to try and push him to work out with me. 

Mom:  Dad said that you had lost 20 pounds.  Have you?  I just checked the tracking on your package with the recorders and it delivered to San Salvador on Fri.  So sadly that is probably the package that you'll get-- I'm kind of thinking you may never get the other one. :(  I'm not sure I even remember what was in the first one except that it had some ties and a letter from Azalea and I had a bunch of letters for you and one from Grandma.  I Think I put in a bag of Starbursts and there was sunscreen and mosquito spray. 
 I guess let us know if you get either one. :)
Mom:  So- Have you Lost weight?

Jackson:  A la vida!!!!! I'm so happy!!! We are pretty sure I should get the other one this month.
Ya like my pants are starting to be too big... but don't send any!!! I can buy some for like 3 dollars that are pretty nice. I just want socks.

Mom:  We are on the sock thing!!  :)  Well I hope both of them (packages) are there.  It cost way more that the package was worth to ship the stuff, so we definitely can't send a whole bunch.  But at least now I know I can send it with tracking and it will get to you in a week.  and not month's. 
What are you planning for the rest of your pday?  Is there any fun historical sights or anything like that to see there?  You should email Bishop Peterson and ask him about people he might remember from Zacatecoluca.  He served there when he was on his mission too.  He thought that was pretty cool that you were there.  His email is bundteacher@msn.com .

Jackson:  Cool socks not gay only black socks unless they have the nike sign then I guess I'm okay with that.  
When your mom doesn't even want to talk to her missionary son because he is still the least favorite.... ;) nah son bromas but talk to me a la vida!!!

Mom:  Whatever. I had to answer the phone. I am at work you know.

Jackson:  What is more important your son or work? And I am going to email him right now. 

Mom:  Probably work at this moment because if I don't get my work done, I can't pay to keep you on your mission or send you packages. 
Jackson:  Oh my mommy... Why do you guilt trip me...

Mom:  because it's what I do :)  You know you love it! 

Jackson:  Yep of course. There goes mom gotta be like that....

Mom:  Someone has to keep you grounded. And make sure your head can fit through the door. 'My Spanish is pretty good to be honest'.

Jackson:  Mom honestly my Spanish sucks but in lessons the Holy Ghost can speak the language pretty darn good.

Mom: I'm guessing you are getting close to out of time. 
Love you. Work hard, be happy. We love you and pray for you always. 
Love 
Mom

Jackson:  Nah we are waiting for the clowns to get back from San Salvador because one of them lost the phone.

Mom:  So where do you go to do transfers?
Jackson:  No clue. I'm sure you go to the bus station and then you meet some other elders and things like that but I'm not too worried about getting transferred.

Mom:  Yeah you'll probably stay there at least one more transfer. But who knows. 

Jackson:  Everyone who has started in this area has became a trainer and then left. So I'll probably be here a while.

Mom:  It looks like a pretty good area to be in. 

Jackson:  It is pretty safe and nice. I think my comp is getting transferred...

Mom:  That's all good. You'll get an opportunity to make a new friend!

Jackson:  I don't want to.

Mom:  I know. But it will be fine. You should find something to do. Sitting on the computer for 3 hours is probably not the best use of your time. 

Jackson:  Ya well it is because my comp. Next week I won't be able to do it because I'll be with someone else who will probably say an hour and then leave!! So be grateful I get to talk to you. 

Mom:  I guess that is true. So do you know for sure that he is being transferred?

Jackson:  Yes.  There is a multi zone this week so I might get my packages and letters then

Mom:  Ok. Don't worry about them though. 

Jackson:  I'm really not worried about them. I just want to have a successful week 

Mom:  So what are you measuring your success by?

Jackson:  By the goals I set. I just want to achieve my goals and everything. But I know I'm doing good

Mom:  With you getting a new companion, part of your week will be the transition there and you will be getting a new district leader as well so some changes. Use the changes to make new goals and just work hard and follow the promptings that you receive. And ask for guidance and you will be sent answers. Maybe not the exact way you seek but answers just the same. 

Jackson:  Thanks mommy. You are the best :) I'm leaving now 
Love 
Te amo tanto
Elder Lancaster

Mom:  Good. I'm glad. Just keep setting those goals. And make adjustments to them sometimes if you need to. 





 These ones came with the subject:  Fact, Bears eat beets.
                  This is the way I watched Conference.




No comments:

Post a Comment