Wednesday, October 26, 2016

October 24, 2016

It's been a good week. Just the normal. I got my new glasses last Saturday and I've been trying to get used to them but it's a little weird. Apparently I'm at the age where bifocals are the norm😩. I thought I might fall down the stairs coming off the stand after leading the music last Sunday because I had to keep readjusting my eyes to see faraway or close up.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚  Nothing was focusing. It's been a week and it's not too bad now.
Carson had friends over a couple days. He and dad went to chance's basketball game on Thursday and then Carson went to Frightmares with Thackarey's. He said it was pretty fun.
We left for Yellowstone Friday about 330 with Thackarey's. Went to Idaho falls and stopped for gas and then we stopped in Rexburg at Pizza Pie Cafe for dinner. I was surprised how small the restaurant was for being a pizza place in a college town. We didn't have to wait too long even though the parking lot was packed and the line was way out the door. And pizza pie never disappoints. We stayed at the White Buffalo in West Yellowstone. It wasn't too bad. I was a little upset that they didn't have breakfast like it said they did and Dad wasn't impressed with the tiny OLD TV that we had but we weren't in the room all that much anyway. We got checked in about 830ish and then dad and I went for a walk around town to see what there was for breakfast and decide what to do for lunch. It was pretty cold. We walked pretty much the whole town in an hour and found out that most everything was closed for the season (Til after Christmas).  I guess Yellowstone park closes this week too. Which seems really weird. There is a little bit of snow on he ground and it's not very warm but nothing to keep people from coming to see all the cool stuff.
They have road construction going on and the wait can be 30 min or more and yesterday we caught it going in and didn't have to wait at all. Then we got to the end and instead of being able to do the loop around we had to turn around and go all the way back around the way we came and we just bared missed getting through so we had to wait. It wasn't too bad though we got out and visited and rested since we had been walking most of the day.
We stopped at gibbon falls, Norris geysers, mammoth hot springs, tower falls, the petrified tree and we saw tons of elk, a couple moose, lots of buffalo (up close and personal- one walked right by the driver window and dad wouldn't roll his window down and get a closeup-  and one this morning just as we entered the park was walking right up he middle of our lane like nobody's business so I videoed for a minute while he walked toward us).
We walked over 7 miles yesterday and let me tell you, everyone was tired and hungry by the time we got back to West Yellowstone for dinner. Kendra and Kenzie who barely eat anything usually ate everything they ordered and then some. And everyone slept pretty good last night too. Considering no one slept very well the first night and we were pretty tired last night it was good.
We stopped and got some tshirts and some dinner last night. We got you one. I'll send you a picture of if and holy cow, We found one for dad and it is HILAROUS!  I'll send you a pic of it too.
Ok we just spent the last 15 minutes herding buffalo. I got some good pictures. I could have reached out and touched them. Pretty awesome!  How many people can say they herded buffalo in Yellowstone?!
This morning we are headed to see the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone Upper and Lower falls and old faithful and then we will head for home.
It's been a fun road trip. And not quite as far of a drive as Phoenix, But no baseball game either πŸ˜•.
It will never cease to amaze me the beauty of our earth and the things that transpired to create it and how people can not believe that there is a God that created all of it for us to use and keep for future generations. Our Heavenly Father loves us soooo much.
We have been busy walking and seeing all the amazing things in the park the last 2 days and have missed a lot of things too but it has been relaxing to be able to leave so many of the stresses of life behind and enjoy all of the beauty of the earth.  Even dad hasn't been as 'hurry up we gotta go'.
We just went to the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone and saw the upper falls and crystal falls. We searched for the lower falls but never found it and now we are on our way to old faithful. It will probably take and hour to get there so we are taking a little longer than we thought it would. But it's all good.
We got to old faithful just in time for everyone to make a pit stop and get the camera set up for pictures. So we weren't there very long.
We headed back to west Yellowstone and had dinner at the Wild West Pizza. It was the best pizza I've had in a really long time.
Then we headed home. With a Stop in Rexburg for gas and a drink. We're home. All in one piece with tired feet but we had a good time.
Carson's got a cold and isn't feeling great right now but hopefully he'll be fine in the morning and the rest of us don't catch whatever he's got.
Ok. I'll send you some pictures and we have a short recorded thing and a video of the buffalo.
I hope your week went well. Any new contacts or people that you have met. Tell us at least one experience for the week.
We love you. Work hard listen to the promptings of the spirit and be obedient and good things will happen.
Love
Mom

SO this week got faster than last week. I don't know how but the days went by so fast. I was like what is today to my comp and he was like Friday. I was like no...? Its Miercoles! But it really was Friday! So yep fast. We taught a lot of people this week and I was with 3 different comps this week. Mine The zone leader and the Hawaiian elder in my District elder Williams. I did comp exchanges with those two one day each. Elder Williams is a really fun guy. The zone Leader Elder Velaquez is really good at teaching. But we taught our most probable baptismal candidates this week. They are a family who is really good. We took only one of the kids to church this week because the others weren't ready to go. Then we also baptized this week!!! I cant forget that!!! I have a lot more pictures this week. But all my letters are the voice recordings!!! So hopefully you like them!!!! Love you mommy!!!!

Voice Recordings- transcribed
So, this week started off with Pday obviously.  We didn't do much pday.  The next day we went and just started normal and we found 2 investigators. And we had an interview, well we didn't have and interview, the Zone leaders were supposed to interview our baptismal candidate.  and then Assistant showed up and I was like whoa oa. Crap!  And then my ZL said go get your stuff, you're coming with me the San Vicente and I was like Crap I don't want to go to San Vicente,but then I was like- It's better than staying with an Assistant right. and then he helped me out pretty good.  He really is a good guy.  And then the next day.  Wed. I can say I finally showered with a bucket.  It's kind of funny huh?!  Yep, I took my first shower with a bucket.  And then we had a district meeting it was really good. I did another companion exchange with the Hawaiian in my district,  Elder Williams.  We were a little lost because I didn't plan for the day because I planned for the Zone Leader's area. so yep alright,  That's ok I guess.  I took the lead in all the lessons.  I felt pretty good.  So it was alright.
Then Thurs rolled around Spanish was pretty good and then we found a bunch of people.  We taught our most probable baptismal candidates.  They are pretty solid.  They're a good family.  The mom has terminal cancer so it's really hard to talk with them.  I have so much love for that family and  It's really hard for me to do that.  
Now Fri.  We have a baptism #2. HA HA.  Her name is Doris Flores.  My Comp and I did not baptize her, her boyfriend did, which was really cool.  Like we'd rather have the members baptize than us.  We struggled a little bit finding people.  A bunch of people didn't want to come to the baptism.  When you say 530 in Utah it means 540 here in means 6. but actually everyone showed up at like 630.   but that's alright- we baptized and that's all that matters.  All the people that tell us we don't baptize. That really bugs me!
Sat. we didn't do much.  We just kind of taught a few families and invited them to come to church. A couple of them said they would think about it and one of them was like yeah, yeah we will come.
This Sunday we were late AGAIN, and didn't get to take the Sacrament AGAIN.  I'm getting kind of pissed about that.  We're late because we're bringing investigators.  It would be nice to get some help from the members that have cars, but whatever, you know.
The people that said they would come, only one came and it was the kid.  Not even the adult.
I saw Dallin H. Oakes today. Crazy right!  My Spanish is ALOT better than his and his wife's; I can say that.  He did a little bit. but he talked about the Book of Mormon and the Godhead and stuff like that, but his wife said something that I've been told my whole life.  "Life isn't easy."  I loved it.  I just loved it!  And then what else, we went and ate and that was about it. That was my week it was really, really, really boring this week. but it was fast I don't know why.  Our numbers were really good this week too it doesn't sound like it but they were, and we baptized and that's all that matters.  She's probably one that will go to the temple.  That's all for this week.  Elder Lancaster OUT.


Mom:  That's great you had another baptism!  It's probably nice to get a break from your normal companion for a little bit and see other teaching styles and stuff. I'm glad you had a good week. 
Ok. Well let me know what you want me to send for Christmas and I will do my best. I'm going to try and get it sent by the first of Nov.
Have a great week!  Love you. Keep working hard. 

Jackson:  M&Ms  and anything that Macey and Azalea want to put in

This is how I fish on PDay

 This is how missionaries dress in Miami
 My Hawaiian Friend- Elder Williams
 Cleaning My ears  (Not sure this is a good idea)
 2nd Baptism -- super excited that her boyfriend was able to baptize her!



No comments:

Post a Comment