Monday, May 1, 2017

April 24, 2017

 They switched clothes




 Alex's Baptism


Happy Sunday!!  I got you some shoes. I did some research on shoes that are supposed to hold up in the south/central American weather conditions and walking. They had good reviews and I had Carson try them out to see if they were comfortable. He wore them to church today. So I'll send you a pair and if you like them I will send you a 2nd pair so you can alternate pairs each day so they can dry out etc. I should be able to get it sent tomorrow. (Hopefully).
We went to Aaron and Lindsey's Baby-QπŸ˜‚ yesterday. They are so funny. Lindsey didn't want a baby shower so they did a family barbecue instead. It was nice. They had it at Lindsey's parents house. And everybody brought a baby gift.
Carson had baseball practice on Monday and then game on Tuesday. They were playing the CV Titans. They only played one inning and they weren't doing so great. It was pouring rain and super cold. They called the game.
Dad had workers comp meetings in Logan on Wed. Morning and Carson had practice at 815pm πŸ˜•. I took him because dad was finishing up his presentation for Bridgerland that he was giving on Thursday morning. We got home around 11pm. It rained all day on Thursday so games were cancelled. I can't say I was sad about that one at all I was pretty tired from the late night before. So Carson and I watched the new Star Wars movie that we got for Easter - Rogue One. Friday we were lazy I came home from work and read a book. Landen and Easton came over to hang out with Carson and they played hockey for a while and then the Wii for a bit.
We started Saturday morning out early. We got to the ball park shortly after 8am and Carson hit in the cage Til his team got there. They didn't play very well-  I don't know what was up, but they had some kind of funk going on that they couldn't shake. Hopefully they can shake it off. They are a good team if they would have some of what Brad Holgate called the 'Baseball Swagger' --you remember when he told you guys that right!??πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. They have the skill they just need the confidence to showcase it. They are a great group of kids and Carson really likes them all and he is having a lot of fun. They have welcomed him and made him part of the group. It's been really nice. I really don't even mind the drive to providence. Except the late night ones. I don't like driving at night.
Work is work. We are looking for a couple drivers and a mechanic too. Leonard is moving back to Florida at the end of the month.  So that kind of stinks. He's done a good job and he'll be hard to replace. But you just keep keepin on. Life is all about change. That's pretty much the only thing that is always going to be a constant 😊. And we would be pretty bored if things didn't change even though we are always crying that change is hard. That's how we learn and grow.
The old relief society presidency spoke today about service and basically how blessed we are when we give of ourselves without expecting or needing anything in return.  We always get more in blessings than we ever give, but we still aren't expecting it when we give true service.
I taught my primary class again. 3rd week and I had different kids again. It's a little bit comical. I have had 4 kids out of 10 every time and only 1 that has been there all 3 weeks and 2 that have been there 2 times. They're 6 so I don't know what it would be like if they were all there but I'm sure it would be pretty entertaining.
We went for a jeep ride out to the spiral jetty today-Us, Taylor and Kayla, Jolene and Kevin, and Brian and Dalea. It wasn't as far as I thought it was. It took about and hour but it's only like 35 miles to it. I took a few pictures of everybody out in the lake, but it didn't get an actual picture of the jetty. Dad said he got some with his camera so maybe he'll send you one. It was fun. We left as soon as we got home from church and took stuff for a picnic lunch. The only bad thing was the bugs. They were terrible. Grandpa said they were sand flies and there were a ton of them and they liked to bite heads. Luckily Dalea had some bug spray and grandpa brought his new gas fire pit. It helped with the bugs too.
Carson, Landen and Easton had fun throwing rocks into the Great Salt lake for like an hour.   We didn't stay too long because we had to be back for a scout court of honor.   But it was a nice day. I'm thinking it beats spending s bunch of time making a big meal for Sunday. I told dad we should do that more often.
We were talking a little bit about the district leader thing and your companion that hasn't been out. And we decided that your mission president is Guatemalan and he likes the Elders from Guatemala as his leaders in the mission because he know that if they learn to lead they will be able to go back to Guatemala and lead the church there. Your companion may or may not have had opportunities previously-- and he figures that you have had and will have many opportunities when you return home so it's not really something that you need to learn per se. That's our theory. It might be way off base but it sounds good.  And there is always the callings are given to those that are needed at that time not necessarily to those that are more qualified.
How is the dog bite?  Are you done with the shots or do you have 1 more round this week?
Did Sabrina and Alex get baptized on Saturday?  How was that?  Any new promising investigators?
Well, I hope the week goes well for you and that you learn something new each day. Work hard, see the hand of God in your life every day and seek the guidance of the Holy Ghost. We love you!

Love

Mom

So this week was awesome!!!! We went to the templo and had a session. I even understood all of it!!!! It was so much better than the first session I had in Spanish because I didn't remember any of it. Then we worked super duper hard this week to have something that I have been waiting for for over a month. My baptism!!! Sadly Sabrina wasn't baptized but Alex was. He is killing it!!! Then We are visiting a mom and her two sons. One is downs syndrome and he is soo cool I love him. He only is 6 years old but amazing. And her other son who is 13 or 14. They are amazing. They are starting to come to church without fault. I love it. The mission is so promising. It is a blessing to see how these people change their lives for the wonderful gospel. I love you have a great week.

Jackson:  I'll come back and work in place of Leonard ;) no hey but that's what everyone who thought I should have been the DL said. Haha but Yes a got another shot this week oh and by the way I 'm on
Gonna talk to me today?

Mom:  Sorry my phone died

Jackson:  Wow finally I think I only have like 20 minutes

Mom:  so what did everyone say about you being the DL?

Jackson:  Everyone thought that I should have been it and were like its because he's from guate too that's why

Mom:  It really probably is but its all good. It definitely doesn't make you a better missionary. Like preside Ferry told Taylor. Don't aspire to callings. Just work hard and do what you know you should. Whether you have the position or not doesn't matter at all.

Jackson:  When is president ferry gonna write me ;)

Mom:  I don't know. Do you write to him?  He is a busy man you know. 

Jackson:  I don't have his email or I would

Mom:  Now you have it.  That's cool that Alex got baptized. What happened to Sabrina?  It's all good though. Keep working with her. Sometimes people just need more time to figure things out.

Jackson:  We don't know what her problem is but we'll figure it out one day

Mom: Well you said a few weeks ago that Alex started reading the Book of Mormon. That's when you saw the change in him. It really is the key to everything. If you don't know that the Book of Mormon is true none of the rest will feel true either I don't think. I mean if I didn't already know that the Book of Mormon was true and that Joseph smith was a prophet and all those things I'm not sure if I would be very receptive to the gospel. And I'm pretty sure if dad hadn't been born and raised in the church he would have been way too ornery to ever listen to the missionaries. He probably would have been more ornery than your guy last week you said was bitter πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Jackson:  No mom that guy was sour...

Mom:  You get my point. Being raised in the church is different than trying to listen to the missionaries.

Jackson:  Love you have a good day and week mommy :)

Mom:  Love you-- Work Hard, Keep Smiling!

Voice Recording:
Alright.  Well, we had a p-day.  I told you what I did.  I went to a place called Henneses, it's a DI, it's pretty cool.  They're huge, like they're enormous.  I had a guy make me a backpack with the colors of SUU-- Go T-birds!! Woo!  It was sweet.  We didn't do anything really for Pday.  We went and taught Jefferson, but also the Mom of Jefferson,  She has 2 girls that we're teaching now and they're really good.  Jefferson, he's getting really hard on us.  I don't know what the deal is, but we're just going to have to work with him.
Tuesday was just chill, we didn't really do anything.  We didn't really do much, just started to try and teach some people, but I had lost my voice and I couldn't talk at all.  I was like I can't talk, the whole lesson and it hurt.  My companion was watching me do this and he's making funny signs because he thinks he's funny, but he's just gay :)  (In the background his companion is yelling, "He's lying!")
Then we taught a few different people and found a few different people that day.
Wed.  I got another shot for the dog bite.  That's all I really remember doing.  Thursday we went to the temple, and went to a session and WOW!!  It was AWESOME!  It was really, really AWESOME!  I even understood about the whole session, so that was really cool.
Friday, we ... hmmm... I don't really remember what we did Friday, that's pretty bad.  But who cares, it doesn't really matter.\
Saturday was really, really, cool.  First we had a big service project.  We made a fence.  Man I'm getting really good at making fences, Donald Trump is going to give me a call one of these days.
We also had a little ruckus.  We were trying to get the baptismal font filled because ALEX WAS GONNA GET BAPTIZED!!  And then, somebody locked the doors, we called for keys.  Also, the Young Women's President was waiting to leave with us, but we thought that they had mutual and she wasn't going to leave with us and then she got pissed, because we showed up late to fill up the font and leave with her.   All this and that, but really- honestly when you tell people that you have mutual- I mean she told us. SO-- I don't know- Yeah we probably should've called and everything,  Then we got the door in- I mean we got in the door and filled up the font.  Then what we did was- We baptized Alex.  Wow!  It was super Cool!  The Young Men's President baptized Alex and it was a really good experience for Sabrina too to see that both of her brothers are baptized.  Maybe this week she will get baptized.  We hope so.  Carajo!  ?????
Sunday, we left with the bishopric.  We went on visits with them, and Rodrigo, the President of the Young Men, he's the one who baptized Alex,  All four of us went in divisons, it was cool, it was fun.  We visited a few different people, I feel like it was a good experience to go visit them with someone from the bishopric, someone that they feel like wow, this is important.  That was really good, and that's about all we did this week.  It was awesome, it was fun, we had a great week.
Love you guys.  See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment