Monday, June 5, 2017

June 5, 2017







Well, another week down.  It's crazy how fast the week flies by.  Last week wasn't as busy as some, so it was good.  Carson didn't have practice in Logan again, so He and dad hit and threw every day.  They didn't make it to the park to pitch off the mound there but they pulled out the portable one at home.  Monday we went to the Baker's for a Barbeque with Bailey's, Burt's, Robinette's and Dilley's.  The missionaries came too and it was a fun evening.  The kids and the missionaries played a little football, baseball and basketball while the adults visited.  Where it was Pday and Memorial Day the missionaries stayed longer than they normally would have because I'm sure they didn't have any appointments to go to.   
Tuesday started off Weight lifting in the mornings and Carson had speed training with Coach Funk at 6pm on Tues and Thurs.  
Friday Dad, Carson, Chance, and Sean along with Kevin, Jolene, Landen, and Easton went to the Domingo Ayala show.  They said it was super funny.  I got to stay home and mow the lawn  since I gave my ticket to Chance.  I figured the kids would enjoy it much more than I would.  Carson thought it was hilarious.   They got some stuff signed, took pictures with him and got you a shirt.  I'll get it sent off this week.  Hopefully you got your package with the shoes???  
Thurs. there was a meeting for summer baseball and that starts tomorrow.  They will play Tues and Thurs. til July 18th.  Carson will probably miss the tournament if they wait til the next week to have it because he'll be at trek.  But he's pretty excited to play ball with his friends for the rest of the summer.  I was disappointed  that they aren't planning on having any practices, but I guess we'll see how it goes.   
Saturday Carson had games in Bountiful.  He played catch because their catcher was on vacation.  He took a ball to his right thumb and its hurting pretty bad.  It's the same thumb he broke 3 years ago :(.  We took him and got it x-rayed and it's not broken, but bad contusion.  Hopefully he'll suck it up and deal, because he has weightlifting all week and wrestling camp that started this morning that goes all week and Summer ball that started tomorrow- 3 games and Idaho Falls tournament Fri and Saturday.  I think this is going to be the busiest week of the whole summer.  We really don't have anything else planned other that baseball games, our trip to Hawaii, football and Carson has trek the end of July.  I'm sure things will get busier as the summer goes on, but hopefully we'll have a few weekends to go to the cabin and get the boat out.  After this weekend, Saturdays should be free.  I'm kind of excited about that.  Maybe we'll sneak away on Father's day and spend the weekend at the cabin.  (or at least Friday and Saturday and go boating for the day.)  It's Stake conference on Sunday and we should be heading to the cabin after they get done playing ball in Idaho Falls, but Macey's farewell is on Sunday and we don't want to miss it.  So we are planning to do our Home Teaching dinner on Sunday instead.  
I don't know if dad told you or not, but we got a new calling.  NOT GOOD!!!  I got a text last weekend to see if both dad and I could meet with the Bishop but we weren't home, so we met with him yesterday.  Dad had an idea of what the calling was because he is in the meetings where they discuss that kind of stuff.  I didn't, but I was pretty sure it wasn't Relief society, Young Women or Primary, because they just redid all those presidencies.  Dad's not happy because he really liked the ward clerk job.  I don't love the Music job so that's not a big let down, I was just getting to know my primary class though, so that's a little sad- they are a great bunch of kids.  We will still be on the scout committee but that's not a really big commitment.  so have I left you in suspense long enough???  I'm thinking I'll let you try to guess what it is ;)  See if you can- maybe you're way more in tune that I am because I had no clue and it is definitely going to be a stretching and growing process for both of us, because it is waaaaaaay out of my comfort zone.  GUESS??
I'm a little nervous about it, but like Dad and I talked about- We can't expect our kids to sacrifice their time and talents for spreading of the gospel if we aren't willing to do the same thing.  Hopefully we can do a good job.  Have you figured it out yet??
So yeah- I've been on a little bit of an emotional roller coaster trying to let it all sink in- not sure I'm there yet.  And we honestly don't know exactly what we are supposed to do yet.  We won't be sustained for a couple weeks, so I guess we don't have to do anything til then and then we'll have a week to get things together and be gone for 9 days to Hawaii.  I'm sure it will all work out somehow.  
We went on a jeep ride over to Paradise and up to Porcupine dam and then across to Liberty and home through Ogden Canyon yesterday.  It was a nice day- We took the top off the jeep and got some wind and sunshine.  I'm paying for it today with watery eyes and sneezing, but it was an enjoyable relaxing day.  It is incredible how much snow is still in the mountains.  
I think dad said that by mid week the water levels in the Logan and Bear River is supposed to raise 11 ft. or some crazy amount,  so I'm guessing the spring flooding is coming with a vengeance.   
How are things going this week?  Did your baptism happen on Saturday?  Did Isabel and Marvin come to church?  How is Sabrina doing?  It's pretty awesome that Estebana was baptized and she is willing to do whatever is needed.  It's nice to know there are people that are ALL IN.   
We took a birthday cake up to Kyra yesterday and visited with Chad and Latisha and AJ and Alyssa and Kyra for a little bit.  We were kidding around about the fact that if we didn't know that the church was true and know the eternal blessings that will come by living the gospel to the fullest that we would be Catholic or some other religion, because the base of what we believe is the same.  There is just more expected from us to be able to achieve the fullest of blessings.  -- We could go to church on Easter and Christmas and get a huge pay raise ;).  
Have a great week!
Love 
Mom
 This Week was another killer week!! We are putting Quzalte in flames ;) Not really but this week we had another baptism. We found Brother Jose the first day we were together as a companionship. He cant hear or talk very well but is always early to church. Haha he even beats us there. That is crazy right? I have been studying more about the atonement of Christ. Really didn't understand what repentance was when I was at home. But now I really can feel the love of Christ for me and everyone in the world. I love teaching this gospel. I am sorry if I made mistakes or hurt one of you but I am trying to be a better person. I really just am trying to be like Christ. I cant explain how much I love this gospel. I am learning so much. But There is this one investigator that is 20 and she knows so much and already has a testimony that this is the true church. She even reads 25 pages of the Book of Mormon daily. I don't know how she does it. But she even macheted us with the book of Mormon... Wow like I guess we didn't say something exactly right and she drilled us with Alma. Now she is going to be a convert. Tomorrow is super cool because we go get to see an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ we still don't know who it is but I am so excited. I love this gospel and I hope you guys do too. Love you!! Have a great week

 Jackson:  What is your new calling?

Mom:  Aren't you going to guess?

Jackson:  I have no clue.

Mom:  Dad is the Ward Mission Leader and I am a ward missionary.  I have no clue what to do.  I mean I can schedule meals and stuff but I'm not good at talking to people about the gospel.  It's kind of intimidating- especially people that you will be in contact with forever :)  But we will do our best.
Jackson:  Mom. Just talk to people invite them to church. If they are passing through trials there is something that the gospel can help them with.

Mom:  I know I'm just a chicken

Jackson:  I was a chicken but now freak when I see a person with an open door I am all over it.

Mom:  That's pretty awesome that Jose got Baptized.  Did Marvin and Isabel come to church so that they can be baptized?  How is Alejandro?  Did you get your shoes?

Jackson:  I haven't gotten anything but yes Isabel and Marvin have a high possibility of being baptized this week. 
Alejandro is good why?

Mom:  Just wondering. You hadn't talked about him in a while. You seriously haven't gotten the package with the shoes?

Jackson:  I think it is in the office but I would rather get it after the change in my new area or in the same one.

Mom:  Ok. At least it's there. What else is going on?

Jackson:  Nothing much just tomorrow we get to see an apostle of the lord :)

Mom:  That's pretty awesome. Are transfers next week?

Jackson: Yep. So I'll just wait.

Mom:  Ok. Hopefully it's there. I'm still kind of worried about the shoes. That someone stole them.

Jackson:  Don't worry. It'll all be okay

No comments:

Post a Comment