Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Memorial Day- May 29, 2017


Estevana-- (She's the lady with the dog that bit me) 

Holy crap that suit is hideous!!!

Well, last week was kind of a blur.  Carson didn't have practice all week because all the kids on the team were having legion tryouts. So Monday we went to Easton and Lily's pitching machine game. They played against each other. It was pretty entertaining. Then Carson practiced some pitching and hitting for a while out at the Corinne park. Then Tuesday we worked in the yard until dark. Dad got the sprinklers going and Carson and I got the flower bed in the back ready to plant and transplanted about 40 strawberry plants. So we got a lot done. Maybe we'll be home early enough today to get some more done. πŸ˜€ Carson is totally against that planπŸ˜‚.
Wed. Carson had an awards night for having a 4.0 all year and then he and dad went out to the ball field and worked with Kevin and Landen for a while. While they were out here it started to hail and downpour. They came home soaked.
Thursday we went to work came home and cleaned the house and finished up the laundry and went to Spanish fork for the night since Carson had to be at the field at 8 on Friday morning.  He played ok the first game. And better the 2nd game. It's sad that a few of the kids don't really care and it brings the whole team down. He's still had a lot of fun though. After Carson's games we went to Springville and watched Landen's games. He was playing for the Cache Wolverines. They're pretty good. The first game they won by a lot.  Then the 2nd game they lost but I was keeping score and hey wanted to call the game an inning early because the other team was showing they we up by 9 and I showed them up by 8. They were home team so really my score didn't matter. But that was a lot of pressure on the score keeper. I know my score was right. The difference in our books went back to the 1st inning. I can't even explain what the deal was but he was wrong!! It was crazy.
Saturday Carson played at 9 and 11. They played terrible the first game. And then the 2nd game they played well. They ended up losing 5-4. But it was a good game. Carson hit one over the fence and the road-- too bad it went foul. πŸ™ƒ then he hit to the fence and the next time he was up straight out to centerfield but they were backed up for it and caught it but he got an RBI.
We went to Landens games after out in Alpine. We missed most of the first one because we stopped and got lunch but the 2nd game was a total blow out. They won 31-1. And it would have been worse if they hadn't started stopping the stealing and and only let them go one base when they hit except when they hit home runs   over the fence which was like 6 or 7. A couple of them grand slams. The fence was pretty short and the one kid I swear was as big as Carson.  We went to chilis after for dinner.
I woke up Sunday morning about 452am with a pounding headache and sick to my stomach. It was awesome. So I stayed in the room while Carson and dad went to breakfast and to the pool without me. They were headed to go on a hike and whatnot but I got ready and made my way out the door about 11. I had a piece of toast and some more medicine and finally felt somewhat human. I even made the hike to buffalo peak, that was pretty much straight up the mountain, without throwing up. Then we went through Provo canyon to park city and had lunch at a little place called Davanza's. It was pretty good and not a chain.  Then we headed to salt lake to the bees game. It was a good game but they ended up losing 7-9.
Today is Memorial Day. We are still down in Orem this morning. I think we're going to go get Carson a tournament shirt and head for home. We are having a safety meeting tomorrow morning at 730 and need to do a few things to make sure we're prepared. It's been a fun weekend but life is calling. School's out but Carson starts back to weightlifting tomorrow and speed training Tuesday  and thurs at 6. And summer ball starts next week too like the 6th I think. We haven't really heard since Carson isn't on the same team as the other kids. We're trying to stay in the loop.
Dads uncle Winston (Paulette's husband) passed away last Tuesday or Wednesday and his funeral next Saturday.  Carson has games so we'll have to split up and least for part of the day.
Anyway- how was your week?  Do they have big holidays that everyone is off work and does fun things or how does it all work?  Just wondering about their culture. Some things seem like here but then not really. I got your birthday package sent off so hopefully you get it by your birthday, but I'm not really hopeful of that. Did you ever get your shoes that I sent?  I'm thinking maybe I should send smaller packages maybe they wouldn't take so long to get there??  But then really it usually is only taking 2 weeks to show delivered but then you don't get them for weeks after. It kind of bugs me but I guess that isn't the mission priority.  Maybe the AP's are jealous so they done bring your stuff to you 😳??
Did your baptisms happen on Saturday?  How about Sabrina?  How's she doing?  Anyone new you're teaching?  How's the companion?  Any cool pday things planned?
Work hard. Listen to the promptings that come- don't talk yourself out of things. πŸ˜‰
Love you
Mom



1:05pm Jackson:  I'm On.

1:53pm Mom:  Sorry. We got home and I was cleaning the garage and forgot to check my email. What's up today?  Working hard this week?  Lots of walking?

Jackson:  Ya and lots of talking and lots of everything!

Mom;  Btw Carson doesn't know yet but he is coming with us to Hawaii. πŸ˜‰.  I used my skylines and got all our flights for $33. So that's what we're doing for our 25th Anniversary. I'm pretty excited about it.

Jackson:  That is awesome. Thanks for doing something cool with me ;)

Mom:  Yeah whatever. We did cool stuff last year with both of you.

Jackson:  Not even close ;)

Mom:  Seriously. Yosemite, Redwoods, Giants games, Alcatraz, San Francisco. That's what you wanted to do.

Jackson:  Are you kidding me??? I didn't get the choice of Hawaii ;)

Mom:  True. I didn't think about using sky miles. And I wouldn't have had enough For 4 tickets anyway. Oh well.

Jackson:  Wow that's cool but you know.

Mom:  Ok. You keep thinkin that.

Jackson:  Hahha I'm just kidding. I loved my trip con todo ;)


Mom:  That suit is hideous!  You actually paid good money for the OMH!!!!   Have a great week!!

Love you

Jackson:  Love you mommy :) 




Voice Recording:

Alright this week.  I would say it was another good week.  We had some success.  We also had some struggles, like every week I guess, I don't know.
But let's just start with Tuesday and I'll go through my week.
Start with Tuesday, We visited a girl named Alejandra.  She is 20 years old and WOW!! She is the smartest girl I have ever know in my entire life.  She never loses a second, she is always doing something productive in every second.  Like every second she is doing something productive.    She straight machete's us like when we say something, she drills us with something.  But Tuesday, we visited her and she's like well, your pamphlets- the pages are like folded a little bit, they're a little bit dirty.  I mean- I heard someone that said to a Jehovah's witness that said - they probably picked this out of the street.  We were like O.  Good thing we had some good ones too.  I mean.  But the pamphlets get a little dirty in your backpack and no one complains, but she was the first one who complained.  Then we went and talked to Isabel and Marvin.  They're doing good.  They need to come to church one more time, but they're doing good.  Marvin's struggling, like I don't think he really cares, but he's a 15yr old teenager so- we all know how they are-mmmm.  haha.  We visited Jose, he's - wow- this guy.  He can't really hear and he can't really talk very good, but he is amazing.  We found him our first day together, Elder Perez and I, and it was really cool.  we visited some other people too.  That was Tues.

Wed. we had our district meeting it was really good.  I like our district meetings, they're really good.  And we visited, umm another Jose, but this one is Jose Armondo. He uh, he's alright, he's a little crazy, he was illegal in the states for a while.  It was funny how he told us this story.  Well, yeah, I was in the states and this and that and then they started cracking down on the illegals so I left.  They don't even know that I was there.  Like wow, alright.  He's not bad guy either.  We visited Sabrina a little bit too.  And there's a lady that we visit.  Her name's Elia.  Man her life is tough.  Her daughter like hates her and tries to fight with her and like wants her to die and stuff like that.  She kicked her out of the house, she's done a lot of stuff, but she still pays for her other house, she still gives her food and stuff like that.  but she keeps her kids and all that.  you know it's a bad situation, but we visit her and have a good time with them.   And then.  Yah that was that day and then, Thursday rolled a round.
We've got Thursday and we visited Isabel and Marvin again.  It was a good day I feel like.  I thought it was good.  We visited them and then we went and visited someone who's the mom of a recent convert named Okelley.  His mom is Eveline.  The only problem is she's not married.  ahh.  It's difficult when they're not married, I mean I know she's not keeping the word of wisdom, but that's a lot faster to change than a marriage.  So we visited her for a bit, she's a great gal.  And then We visited a guy named Jorge he's a less active for years, years.  His 2 children are not baptized and one's 18 and the other one's 14 or 15.  We visited with him and talked to him about reading the scriptures and praying every day and they're like alright, alright, we'll do it, we'll do it.
We visited Jose again, the guy who can't hear or talk. And we visited a little girl, but her mom said that she can't be baptized until she's like 18.  or 16 when she knows that she's making her own choice.  so that was a little tough for us.
Fri we had the interview for Isabel and Marvin, but Marvin wasn't there and Isabel passed the interview, but she still needs to come to church one more time.  Then we visited Elia again and we visited some other people, I can't remember who we visited, but we visited a couple more people.
then  Saturday.

Saturday started off with a baptism, it was awesome.  We baptized Hermana Estevana.  She is 74 years old and she cannot see.  Well, she can see a little bit, but really not at all.  Then we started visiting all just about all our investigators and committed them to come to church on Saturday.  It was good.  We visited a lot of people.
Then Sunday we confirmed Estevana.  Jose came too and we did his interview so he's getting baptized this Saturday, but Hermana Isabel and Marvin didn't come to church, so we have to postpone another week til they come to church which is tough but it's alright.  then what else did we do.  We went to Okelley's and we ate a bunch of pupusas.  His mom made them and we also - my comp gave a talk and I wore a red suit to church.  That's right a red suit.  And then we.  We had another lesson with Jorge and his family.  And it was really good and I felt the spirit.  it was really good.  Well, that was our week.  We're just killing it.  We're gonna baptize next week too!  Well, have a great week.


Carson's Letter
Hey bud can you believe it has almost been a year and I get my permit soon and I start high school sports next year. We lost all four of our games for Memorial Day but we still have next week and Idaho falls after that then we have legion I haven't heard much from you lately but Chance said you emailed him back the other week he was excited. We went to a bees game yesterday and they lost 9-7 but it was still a good game. We start lifting tomorrow and I have speed camp and wrestling camp next week all week plus everything else. Mr. Findlay has a job next year at Ridgeline so we are getting a new teacher it sucks. Mom and dad are going to Hawaii on the Fourth of July without me. Today we were invited to two barbecues one at the Baker's and the other at the Adams the Adams are having smoked goose and duck. Guardians of the galaxy 2 came out and me and chance might go see it tomorrow. So how have you been. What have you done in the last few weeks.
PS respond to this to my email ok
Jackson:  Ya sorry man. Whats up? I hope you can drive because you're kinda slow in the brain... Anyways That sucks that Mr. Findlay is leaving but hey take 3 tris of orchestra because you don't want to take a fine arts class later. I promise. Wrestling camp is dope I hope you like it this year. Keep staying tough in baseball. Do as much as you can to get better. Love you
Carson:  Well all of that is true except I am not slow in the brain.  
Carson:  By the way love the suit

Jackson:  I know its dope huh :)

Carson:  Heck yeah man.


No comments:

Post a Comment