Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Dec. 18, 2017 Ilumina el Mundo








What up tho...!!! How are we all doing? Well I have had a pretty tuanis week this week. We have been working hard and getting references and having family home evenings so we can get people baptized you know. We also put a bunch of fechas this week. Those are baptismal dates but it is way faster to just say fechas right? These people here are amazing and I love them so much. They are a little stubborn and don't want to go to church all that bad but we are getting there. So we had interviews with Pres. Duran and he let me know why I was with Elder Roundy. He told me that he isn't emotionally ready to be with a latino comp. He wouldn't be able to handle it with him and he and the Lord felt like I was a great choice for him... I was like well the Lord and you want me to learn a ton more patience... He kinda laughed. So he told me to help this District out and he told me that I have his trust and he wants to see these areas succeed so that means a ton of work to do right? Another thing not too cool happened here this week. The other Elders went to have a family home evening with the Branch Pres. and they asked him what he thinks would help the branch grow. He said we need to rededicate the building. They were like WHAT???? He was like ya. I don't know if you had heard about this but the missionaries were teaching a girl that was possessed and ever since she had a melt down in the church the branch has not grown. When I mean melt down I mean the bad spirit came out and stuff. She told a member who tried to reprimand her that he had broken the law of chastity and was not worthy to even take the sacrament let alone reprimand the spirit. Hahaha in interchanges I met the girl!!! Wow it just felt gross being in the same house with us. No I didn't have her come out or anything but wow it wasn't a good atmosphere. Then Pres. Mario Branch Pres. said that even new converts had felt scared for some reason and he feels like it is for that reason. So we are trying to fix that right now... Hahaha pretty cool right? Anyways I have been studying in the Book of Mormon and wow is it powerful. No wonder Pres. Tommy Monson said that we needed to read it and get a testimony of it. And in this last conference there were more talks about reading the Book of Mormon. I love the activities that Predicad Mi Evangelio tells us that we can do. It is great you all should go try some of them out. Well it is only a week until Christmas and man am I excited to have my last Christmas in the mission field. Christmases just aren't the same here. All they do is blow off fireworks on the 24th they don't even do anything 25th. There is 0 celebration of Christmas. Even some of the churches that are "Christian Churches" don't celebrate it or have Christmas lights or trees because it is a sin to them to celebrate Christmas. These type of people walk around with a veil on their heads. It looks like the stole someone's table cloth and put it on their head but... Ya.. I'm sure Briar knows what kind of people I am talking about. Hahaha well ya we made a dope poster of Light the World in Spanish obviously, to sing Christmas Hymns and go caroling and take pics with some people and Light up their world and their Christmas right! Hahaha ya welcome to the Kingdom. Mommy put the pic on Facebook Instagram Twitter you name it because Elder West, Mower, Roundy and I want to be famous. Make sure you put the ·Lighttheworld on it so we will be famous! Haha love you guys have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment