Monday, December 11, 2017

Dec. 4, 2017 New Area

Here we are again with another week gone and another month too. I had changes last week and now I am in Sensuntepeque. It is a town about 2 and a half hours away from San Salvador. It is FULL OF HILLS. I am not going to be chubby anymore because there are not buses to use and it is just full of hills! My calves are going to be bigger than Coach Ripps calves! Hahaha. So I finally have my first North American comp. His name is Elder Roundy. He is from Panguitch Utah. He asked me if I knew where that was and I say YES! I know where it is and he was like you are one of the first. So ha. He is new in the mission. He just finished his training. But man he is struggling to learn spanish... I feel like I have to help him out so much. He is really emotional too. So that doesn't help him very much because when he gets frustrated he doesn't get mad like I do. He gets sad and cries. So we are going to toughen him up a bit and we are going to help him out. I promise I won't be mean. But really the kid is just a wonderful missionary. He has a strong desire to serve the Lord and be on His errand. He already has a strong love for this people which is amazing. I know he is going to teach me many things and he will help me be a more Christ like missionary. So I gave a district meeting and everyone thought that it was super fun because I played don't eat Pete hahaha to show the importance of the spirit. Then we had interchanges. I was with Elder Mower who has 6 months on the mission. We worked hard. We also kinda did it because he is training a Gringo and my comp can't speak spanish either so I sent them on their own so that they can learn how to speak. It didn't turn out too good. They said that they felt a feeling that they should go back to the house and I don't if it was completely true but I can't say no you should have stayed out working because of the situation that there is in this country. But these are some kids that are pretty soft. Like not trying to judge but I mean they go hide in the bathroom and cry... So Elder Mower and I are having a hard time. So anyways we had stake conference on Sunday and Zacatecoluca is part of the same stake as us!!!! I got to see all those guys!!! I was so happy to see them! Wow I even  got to see Doris my convert! She had a family member from the states and she was introducing me to them as the Elder that helped her find the gospel and start her journey and all that. That made me so happy. Like that is a true convert and I love her. I just want her to keep going. I didn't get a pic because she left really fast. But wow that was just amazing. So like that is pretty much all that I did this week. So I am just getting huge calves losing weight being leader and lifting the area. 
Love Jackson



 Voice Recording
What's up Fam?!  Just chillin' in a new area Sesuntepeque.  So, we've got 4 Elders in this branch that
 we have and the funny thing is that all 4 of them are white and from the States, not a single Latino here. I just happen to be the great and blessed District leader that SUCKS!   You know though, What it is, what it is.  so what  we're doing this week.   This week it was just a little wierd, because we had stake conference, we had a bunch of different things.  We had the Christmas devotional, I didn't get to work all that much in the area because it was just 3 days or something
 of work.  It kind of stunk it up.  So, I'll mostly talk about Stake Conference.  We show up, and immediately I see a previous investigator from Zacatecoluca.  My 2nd convert, O MY GOSH!!  Het eyes lit up when she saw me and I ran to her.  Gave her boyfriend a hug, gave David a hug.  And I shook her hand and she was shaking mine for like 10 minutes and saying oh my gosh, I'm so happy to see you.  Then she started introducing me to her family that's from the States that are members too, and she's like oh he's the who helped me find the truth, he's the one who helped me find my happiness on this journey.  I was like WOW!  This is incredible!  That's a real convert.  I just went and said Hi to all the others.  Even the guy who never wanted to be baptized when I was there, He got baptized.  It was awesome!   I even saw Ivan, one of my best friends.  The guy that I gave my shoes away to because he didn't have any.  So, like don't be mad mom, but I didn't like those shoe anyway.  They didn't even work, they were going to fall apart if I used them, but he only used them on Sunday.  It was just really awesome to see all those guys.  Then we had stake conference.  It was pretty good-- until the Stake Presidency started talking, they didn't give very good talks, but our mission President and the Temple president gave great talks. 
The Christmas Devotional was awesome.  We watched it in Spanish because there were 2 other people there to watch it in Spanish in the branch.  The branch President and his wife.  HAHA   The only reason he was there because we asked him if we could come watch it and he said yeah yeah, I'll come too, I'll watch it with you, so it was kind of funny. 
It was really good.  I really liked Elder Duncan's talk, because I know him.  I've met him, I shook his hand, I've talked to him face to face, so that was pretty cool.  It was a good talk.  Pres. Uctdorf's talk, everyone's talks were great, Everyone did a great job in that devotional.  I don't know if you guys are doing the Light the world thing, but we haven't been doing it here, it's a little bit different.  Like I feel like you guys have a lot more chances, a lot more opportunities to do different things. 
But my goal this week is to start doing the Light the World thing, because I think it will help us find some new investigators.  So I encourage you guys to do that.  so yeah, that's my jam, that's my beat.  Elder L 

No comments:

Post a Comment