Tuesday, September 13, 2016

September 12, 2016

It's been a strange week. We got the trex all put on the deck. Carson had football. I ordered the new window wells. We still need to put the railing on and do the stairs and get the window wells put in. Hopefully we can get it done before the snow flies.
We didn't go to any of peach days. Carson's game was in Clinton at 830 so we were up and going early. We were done at 10 and stopped and did some shopping for our home teaching dinner on the way home.
Dad went to work for a while and we thought Carson was going to go hang with his friends at peach days but he didn't want to go, so we decided to take some peaches to Hess's family and visit instead.
We had a good visit and they were doing ok. They are so blessed to be alive and doing as well as they are after the accident.
We found out that Kason from Carson's baseball team passed away last Wed. His funeral is on Tues. It just goes to show that life here in this earth is short and we need to make the most of the time we have here. I'm not quite sure how Carson is dealing with it all but it definitely isn't an easy thing. I can't imagine how his parents are dealing with everything. It makes my heart break for them. I know how hard it is just to let you and Taylor leave for 2 years with limited communication so I can't even imagine the heartache of losing their only son.  I am so thankful for my testimony of the plan of salvation. That we will live again and we will see each other again. I know that knowledge doesn't make the ache go away completely but it does dull it a little.
Sacrament meeting today was on Sept 11 and patriotism. It was really good. Melissa Coleman, Bonnie Robinson, and Jeff Adams spoke and  We sang the 3 patriotic songs in the hymn book. They really did give great talks.
We had our home teaching dinner today. Invited Azalea but she had to work. She spoke in sacrament meeting but we didn't know Til after or we would have gone and listened. (That's probably why she didn't tell us πŸ˜‚). Jack and Marge said she did a great job on her talk and bore her testimony after. They were super proud of her.
Dinner was really good.  We did nachos. So we had pulled pork, all sorts of cheese and chips and salsa. YUM!! Greene's, Baker's, Bailey's and Burt's came.
So how was your week?  Did your baptism happen?  How many people are you teaching?  Do you get a lot of member involvement?  How's it going with your family that feeds you and does the laundry?  How is the food?  What kinds of stuff do you eat?
I hope this week is a good one for you. Work hard and let the spirit guide you. You will never be sorry. I think most importantly keep smiling it will make your day and most certainly someone else's. πŸ˜„
Love
Mom

On Sep 12, 2016, at 4:04 PM, Jackson B Lancaster <jackson.lancaster@myldsmail.net> wrote:
This week sucked. I'm gonna be honest. Our baptism fell through she decided she didn't want to be baptized and it was just chafa. I wanted to come home super bad one day. I woke up and started to study like normal but then Satan got to work on me, He was like you should just go home. You're baptism didn't work out your Spanish sucks you might as well call the president and go home. So I said wait you can hold it out for a little bit longer and I did. Then my companion told me I was going to be with my favorite person besides him which is true and I was like whatever I don't really care I just want to go home. We went and did spilts. I was just hanging my head and barely hanging in there. We got to our first contact because all we were doing was contacting. So Jimenz started talking and I was understanding, then the guy started talking and I started understanding him I was like WHAT?????  I got so happy and it is a tender mercy of the lord for sure. He was looking out for me when I was down. I contacted 33 people and got 5 baptismal dates. Yep that's right. I did most of the work too :) So honestly that was my week. We really didn't do a ton of stuff this week just teach and preach like normal but those were the two experiences that I had this week I'll send more photos too.
Love
Jackson

Mom:  Well. I'm sorry you're feeling down. But you can do it. There are going to be days that suck whether on a mission or just life in general and you just have to work through it. Which is what you did. That's just life. People are going to change their minds all the time too and that's ok. Not any reflection on you or anything that you've done. 

Jackson:  I know it was just super tough you know. 

Mom:  I don't know exactly. But I do know you are tough. And you just have to remember that quote that I sent you last week. 'This too shall pass... It might pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass. ' πŸ˜‰
Other than a down day. Sounds like things are going well and You like your companion and the other Elders in your district.  Just know that we are here praying for you every day through the good and the bad. You'll be fine. Just keep smiling and fake it Til you make it if you have to.

Jackson: Love you mommy. I remembered what President Ferry said just imagine your mom praying and her eyes and you can get through it. That's what kept me from calling in the morning. I love you and I really do fake it a lot... 

Mom: Love you too. Keep smiling. Have a great week!!

Mom: What are you doing the rest of the day?  

Jackson:  I'm going get some candy and chocolate because I need some if I want to survive.

Mom:  You sound like a girl. πŸ˜‚ 

Jackson:  No like I miss having cake and stuff like that almost every night...

Mom:  That's why we're all fat. So you'll get skinny out there😊

It makes me sad that Jackson is struggling, and I'm not there to encourage or help him.  I know that through the struggles of life that we become strong and learn to rely on the Lord for strength to get through each day, but as a Mom it tears a little piece of my heart, and sometimes I just want him to come home too so I can give him a hug and tell him that everything is going to be ok, But I KNOW he is where he is supposed to be and doing what he has been asked by the Lord to do; and the 2 years will go by so fast we won't know why we were sad about it sometimes because the joy that comes from selfless service will outweigh any of the heartache we feel now.  






He didn't tell me who the people are in the pictures, but I am assuming these are the Elders in his district.  The pictures are from his first trip to the Temple in San Salvador a week after he got to the mission. 

He is STILL a big GOOBER!!! LOL

I think he is the selfie KING!


This picture is kind of making me think Harry Potter for some reason.  Anyone else?  ;)


It's good to see he is getting use out of his hammock.  I think?  


 Who knew Jackson could catch a cow?

This picture is just flat out STUPID!!  But good to see he still has pretty good abs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment