Thursday, August 17, 2017

August 14, 2017 Crazy Baptism





One week closer to the summer being over. 😩 I'm not looking forward to cold weather at all. We've been having a lot of evening thunder showers and lightening storms. Lots of fires too in the last couple weeks.
We went out to promontory with the Baker's and Robinette's on Friday night after the purple and white game around 1030pm to watch the meteor shower but it got too cloudy so we didn't see much for meteors but the lightening show was amazing. We watched for a couple hours.
Carson didn't come, he went to spend the night with Taylor and Kayla. He likes to do that every once in a while. They usually hang out all day Saturday and cook and do whatever. I'm pretty sure he likes to do that so he can get out of doing any work on Saturday. This week he had to come home and move the lawn in the afternoon because we were a day off on mowing because the lawn fertilizer guy came on our normal Tuesday mowing day and said we needed to leave it for a day. He wasn't happy about it. But he went back and hung out with them later that evening and they went to the open mic night at the fine arts center.
Dad and I are kind of bored with no kids. He just wants to watch baseball it's all sorts of fun.
We didn't do much this week. Just Carson to football and I think he pretty Much has lived at Sean's house. Carson didn't pad up for football Til Thursday because of the blisters and raw skin from his sunburn.  It is pretty much healed now but it's been over a week. It was bad. Hopefully he has finally learned his lesson. Just a skin cancer bomb waiting to go off.
They played the purple and white scrimmage on Friday. It's kind of a joke. But the freshmen look better than the sophomores. But we pretty much already knew that because that's the group of kids Carson played with the longest. The freshmen have their issues too but overall they looked good.
They changed the region again this year. I'm not sure what the teams are but it sounded better than any region with east in it.
It was Taylor Baton's farewell on Sunday. She gave a great talk. Ariel Dunford and Sean and I talked with her. It was a good meeting. Hopefully my talk was ok. Either way it was a great opportunity to be able to speak with her.
I think dad recorded the talks and was going to send them to you.
I didn't have a talk subject per se. So I based it on Mosiah 5:15. Being steadfast and immovable. I thought it was very fitting for a missionary.
I even used you in my talk a couple times.
I hope things are going well. Tell us about the people you are teaching and some of the experiences you are having. How about your companion?  Still getting along ok?
I tried to check on your package but the number doesn't work so hopefully it will get to you eventually. It would be a bummer if it didn't. We sent your Hawaii shirt and your Domingo Ayala shirt in that package☹.
I guess we'll see. The normal mail lady wasn't at the post office the day I sent it and I thought maybe I should just find out when she would be back and send it then but I didn't. So hopefully she didn't mess it up so it doesn't get to you.
Love you
Mom


This week was was a really cool week. I got to see a lot of miracles for the hard work that we have been doing.  So Monday a guy from the states who is visiting called us and told us he had someone that we could baptize this week and so we went hauling down to talk to him. It was his mother in law. She learned that she can have an eternal familia so we got her an interview and called president and we baptized her yesterday. haha we had a crazy baptism too. So the son in law tried to baptize her  (she is really old) she got scared of the water and wouldn't go under. They tried like 3 times. then I got in the water we sat her on a chair and when he went to lean her back I ripped the chair out from under her and we baptized her hahaha it was awesome. Well that is really all that happened this week!!!!!!!!! Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom:  That's pretty cool. So now you have lots of fellow-shipping work to do with her since you didn't know her before.

Jackson:  Her familia is all members.

Mom: So, do you do your baptisms on Sunday's? or just whenever??

Jackson :  Depends. We try Saturday's but if there is stuff we do it on Friday or Sunday.

Mom: So what are you doing fun for pday today?

Jackson:  We had to go to immigration 

Mom:  So you did your early morning trip for you this time?  Sounds like a great opportunity to talk to new people. 

Jackson:  No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just chillin

Mom:  Missed opportunities.  How long was the ride?  What time did you leave?  I'm guessing you are about out of time. Keep working hard. I'll see if I can get a backpack and send it. Anything else?  Have a great week!
Love you

Jackson:  A keyboard that I can write on Sunday night plug it in to the computer and it loads... Look up Alphasmart 3000 
Love you mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment