Monday, August 28, 2017

August 21, 2017

Well this week was another pretty calm week. The normal at work. Carson had practice all week. Much better than last week because his sunburn was pretty much healed up so he could actually practice. He hung out with Sean  for most of the week after practice, mowed the
Lawn, complained about working (which he is about to lose his life over), just the normal. Wednesday was mom's night at football. We went with Baker's. I didn't participate because I didn't want anyone touching my shoulder. But it was fun to visit with everyone. Carson went to young men's with Sean after and then hung out at his house Til 1030. Thursday was the ward swim party so we went to that and visited with the sister missionaries and a few others in the ward. We talked to Bingham's for a bit and Austin is doing well so far. He said the food in the MTC is terrible. Which I laughed about because that's what Taylor said about it too.
Friday Carson wanted to go to the varsity fb game in Layton, so we took him down and watched the game. He hung out with his friends and we watched the game.  It was interesting, they (Bees) were 39-0 going into the 4th qtr and then we put in our jv and they scored 14 points but that's the first game against Layton since Taylor played that they won I think. Quite interesting.
Saturday the freshmen played at Alta. They came out strong but didn't continue to play throughout the whole game. They didn't have refs either so the Alta coaches were the refs and one of them was terrible. I think had we had actual refs we would have won, but it's all good. They ended up losing 30-27. But played a decent game. We invited the Thackarey's and Baker's over for a bbq and drive in movie and watched a league of their own. It was fun. and that movie is always funny.
Today is Carson's birthday. The big 15. Tomorrow he is going to get his permit.
We had birthday dinner at grandmas Jolene and Kevin, Kristal and Ben, Taylor and Kayla; cafe rio sweet pork,- it was delicious. We got him a swing tracker. He tried it out but couldn't figure it out yesterday, so they came in and he kept working at it and got it to sync with the ap finally. I think it will be awesome. He liked it.
We'll have a great week, work hard.
Love you
Mom

Voice Recording
 Alright, well, this week was a little bit different.  To be honest it was really, really hard.  All the people hardened their hearts against us.  Everything like that, right :(.   Because all of our  baptismal dates fell, nobody came to church, we didn't have a single investigator progressing this week, so... it was kind of like a punch to the face.  It was really hard to be honest, but we found a bunch of people this week, Wed. is the day that it all went down the toilet.  Thurs, Fri, and Sat. we were putting fire to the area.   We were trying at least.  I've got a cold, I'm sick.  got it yesterday at church.  So, we are working really hard.  We found a bunch of people.  There's this one family that I feel like they're really good investigators because they are really honest.  And they want to know, they want to learn.  Their only problem is they always go out and do stuff on Sunday and they are always like I know, do you have like a video we could watch, like where you preach and give sermons.  OR do you have a video on a website. NO,  We only have general conference talks on the internet.  We don't have a video of what we do at church.  They're like oh really, yeah- you have to live your own experience at church.  So, maybe they'll come next week.  They're going to try, I guess we'll see.  The other thing is nobody, like nobody, is married.  I've already said that, but every good person that we find they're like not married.  I'm like WHAT is going on??
Then we found a less active the other day, like inactive.  We showed up and she has like 5 kids, no 4 kids and I think only one of them was baptized.  So we are going to try and work with the kids and see if we can baptize the 2 that are old enough to be baptized. Maybe 3, we aren't sure if the one is baptized or not.    But we are going to try and reactivate them and baptize their children.  But what happened was, we showed up and the dad said "NOPE! I don't want to talk to them."  And I was like what!?  He was in the middle of a conversation with somebody and he just left him.  He left his friend or whoever it was there.  I was like WOW!  this guy really hates us or something like that.  The kids like we've got a friendship going with them because we've played a top game with them.  It's called trompo, it's pretty cool, but I can't do it and they're all making fun of me because I couldn't do it.  And there was a freaking little 5 year old that would wreck me at the top game.  WOW!  It's alright, we just have to work with people.
And then we had stake conference this week, a bunch of people were macheteing.  The stake president's wife macheteed about the Sabbath Day, saying that nobody keeps the Sabbath day holy and stuff like that.  Whatever, you know.  it's cool.
Then,...
This week was just really hard.  We made it through.  We'll have some more fun this next week and kick some butt.  That's all I've got to say to you guys this week.  Have a great week!!

Mom:  So what do you mean  everyone hardened their heart?

Jackson:  They don't want to go to church and be baptized now. They said well I'll tell you guys another day if I want to be baptized but any time soon nope....

Mom:  Which people?

Jackson:  All the people we were teaching, the members, just everyone.

Mom:  Well, I guess that just means more work to do.  Do you ever wear the new shoes I sent you?

Jackson:  Yes.  So like what are you doing???????

Mom:  working-- What are you doing?  I am actually going through my medical bills to see what I actually owe.  I guess luckily it won't be more than $13000 :(

Jackson:  Well gotta go have a great week MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom:  Love you too!


No comments:

Post a Comment