Thursday, August 17, 2017

August 7, 2017 Tire Changes and Temple











One week closer to the summer being over. 😩 I'm not looking forward to cold weather at all. We've been having a lot of evening thunder showers and lightening storms. Lots of fires too in the last couple weeks.
We went out to promontory with the Baker's and Robinette's on Friday night after the purple and white game around 1030pm to watch the meteor shower but it got too cloudy so we didn't see much for meteors but the lightening show was amazing. We watched for a couple hours.
Carson didn't come, he went to spend the night with Taylor and Kayla. He likes to do that every once in a while. They usually hang out all day Saturday and cook and do whatever. I'm pretty sure he likes to do that so he can get out of doing any work on Saturday. This week he had to come home and move the lawn in the afternoon because we were a day off on mowing because the lawn fertilizer guy came on our normal Tuesday mowing day and said we needed to leave it for a day. He wasn't happy about it. But he went back and hung out with them later that evening and they went to the open mic night at the fine arts center.
Dad and I are kind of bored with no kids. He just wants to watch baseball it's all sorts of fun.
We didn't do much this week. Just Carson to football and I think he pretty Much has lived at Sean's house. Carson didn't pad up for football Til Thursday because of the blisters and raw skin from his sunburn.  It is pretty much healed now but it's been over a week. It was bad. Hopefully he has finally learned his lesson. Just a skin cancer bomb waiting to go off.
They played the purple and white scrimmage on Friday. It's kind of a joke. But the freshmen look better than the sophomores. But we pretty much already knew that because that's the group of kids Carson played with the longest. The freshmen have their issues too but overall they looked good.
They changed the region again this year. I'm not sure what the teams are but it sounded better than any region with east in it.
It was Taylor Baton's farewell on Sunday. She gave a great talk. Ariel Dunford and Sean and I talked with her. It was a good meeting. Hopefully my talk was ok. Either way it was a great opportunity to be able to speak with her.
I think dad recorded the talks and was going to send them to you.
I didn't have a talk subject per se. So I based it on Mosiah 5:15. Being steadfast and immovable. I thought it was very fitting for a missionary.
I even used you in my talk a couple times.
I hope things are going well. Tell us about the people you are teaching and some of the experiences you are having. How about your companion?  Still getting along ok?
I tried to check on your package but the number doesn't work so hopefully it will get to you eventually. It would be a bummer if it didn't. We sent your Hawaii shirt and your Domingo Ayala shirt in that package☹.
I guess we'll see. The normal mail lady wasn't at the post office the day I sent it and I thought maybe I should just find out when she would be back and send it then but I didn't. So hopefully she didn't mess it up so it doesn't get to you.
Love You
Mom

So this week we had a bunch of fun stuff happen. First we had interviews with Pres. He is really awesome and he told me honestly everything that I needed to hear because I was in a few doubts how I could do better and everything right? I had a great interview with him. Then we had the opportunity to go to the temple with investigators for an activity. Which was really fun. I got to see all the people from my other areas and everything So that was awesome. But on the way back the members tire popped so I took the tie off and got to work. that's right! then we fixed it all up and got back home. Also this next week we are going to be having a baptism. Of Chepe. He is awesome. When we taught him Tithing he said when he is a member he will always pay so that was a cool little experience. Well that's it!!! Love you guys!!!!
Mom:  What??  you know how to change a tire??  ;)

Jackson:  WOw... Hey and that backpack is good.

Mom:  How is everything else going?

Jackson:  It is all good! Tell Lexie congrats. But how are you guys? Heard the great Parker is going to play JV?

Mom: We went to her reception.  We are great!  And that's the word but it's all good.
 So- who are your investigators or less actives you are teaching now?  Did you make nice with the ward mission leader?
to you eventually. It would be a bummer if it didn't. We sent your Hawaii shirt and your Domingo Ayala shirt in that package☹.
I guess we'll see. The normal mail lady wasn't at the post office the day I sent it and I thought maybe I should just find out when she would be back and send it then but I didn't. So hopefully she didn't mess it up so it doesn't get to you.

Jackson:  No I still hate him but I put on my pharisee face and everything but it is all good now.

Mom:  Sounds like you need to have some love in your heart.  He is probably doing the best he knows how.   And you're giving him attitude.
Grandma sent me a text earlier this week and told me that "Church need to get MISSIONARIES OUT of San Salvador."  I was laughing-- I guess Grandma is getting revelation for the prophet now. (at least where you're concerned)  :)

Jackson:  Why does she say that?

Mom:  I guess Her and Grandpa were watching some fox news thing about the ms13 gang in El Salvador and the US Attorney General is in San Salvador doing something.  And she's freaking out about it.

Jackson:  Haha MS is nothing compared to 18. that is way worse

Mom:  maybe that's what it is the 18- but whatever-- it's nothing that we didn't already know about before you left.  Just obey the rules with exactness and you will be protected.  

Jackson:  I know. Love you mommy until next week :)

Voice Recording:  Well, what's up guys?  How you guys been doing?  I haven't done this for 2 weeks but sorry, but we've been working really hard to be honest.  This week we had some interviews and they were really fun, well not really that fun.  
We also went to the temple, as an activity, not as a ... not like... we didn't go in.  We did a tour of the chapel right next to the temple.  It was really cool.  It wasn't as fun as the last time because I got to be to be Moroni and everything.  So it was way cooler like that.
So what we did this week-- Tues we had the interviews, it was really funny because, it was funny - it was my 1st interview with my new president and he- like it was really weird.  so he asked me if I would say the prayer and I was like sure, no big deal.  so I said the prayer and I said Amen and I lifted up my head and he was like staring at me and he asked "how are you with the law of chastity?"  And I was like WOAH, wow, we're just gettin' to it aren't we.  Like you're not going to ask me anything else, you just going to get right to it.  So I was like, well, I think I'm good.  I mean, I haven't been doing anything wrong.  So then we got on to the interview and everything and he was just telling me how I could be better and how he wants us to work.  And I was alright, this is good, and he told me a lot of things that I really needed to hear.  Some of the things I was doubting, I was like, I don't know, there were just some things- it was pretty hard for me, but he was telling me  how to do a few things and I was like WOW, this helps a ton, and he doesn't really  know me but he was telling me everything I needed to hear.  That was really amazing. And then, Thurs we went to the temple, took a 4 hour bus ride to get to the temple.  It was dope.  
We did that, we had some fun in the temple.  I saw all my friends, I saw Sabrina, Alex, I saw Okelley from Que??(city name)  I saw Isabel y Marvin.  It was awesome.  I was kind of sad I didn't get to see people from zec??(City name) I don't know why I didn't but that's just how it happens right.  I also saw the dirt bag Alejandro who screwed me, but you know, it's alright, it doesn't matter.  
So this week that's coming, we're going to baptize Chepe. His name's Jose but when your name's Jose here your nickname is always Chepe.  I don't know why, but I think it's cool.  Chepe is going to have his interview this week and we're going to baptize him on Saturday.  Well, that's what we hope for. Man, I'm so excited.  He's like I didn't know how I was going to receive my answer, but you guys just told me how I was going to receive it so.  We taught him tithing yesterday, he's like, when I'm a member, I'll pay tithing.  I know that I need to do that because you can't rob God, like you guys told me in the scriptures.  I was like wow, alright!  This guy is amazing!  And so Nephtale, he's just chillin like a villain in his house.  He didn't go to church because he was working.  because he has to get his like $3 or he'll die because he doesn't have any money or any food to eat, but he's really good.  He's gonna get baptized, not this week that's coming, but the next week.  We're doing really good with our investigators right now.  The new plan of President is to baptize every week and we're gonna do it.  We're gonna chill like villains.  Yeah, so I'm just chillin in my hammock  doing this; it's dope.  Whatever you know.
oh-- also on Thurs when we were coming home, we live a half hour away from the church on a bus, 20 minutes by car and so, what happened was, we were with a member who lives really close to us, he like always takes us everywhere in his car.  He's amazing, he's our 2nd ward mission leader- The way better one.  So he went to the temple with us and on the way home, we hear a   POP and BOOM.  His tire went out, so I take off the tie and I'm like alright, let's get this done.  And he's like what?  I was like dude, I know how to do this, where's your stuff?  So we got the jack out, we got the tire iron,  loosened the bolts- lug nuts,  then we jacked the sucker up and took it off, put on the spare, we did it fast.  He was like, wow, that was way faster than if I would have just done it alone.  That was dope, It was really fun that I got to do something that I like to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment