Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Nov. 6, 2017 Didn't get sick!


Fried Bananas 

This week was a really good week I would have to say. We had fun worked hard and just are doing really good. We visited a ton of people this week. We even had interviews with President this week. Hahaha I told him about what happened in the ward last week and how the attendance is going down really fast... He said that he would make an appearance in one of these days that are coming closer. The assistants talked about how we have to follow more rules and be better at all that jazz. Just normal mission stuff. To be honest I love President Duran. He wants us to be the best and he pushes us to our limits I feel like. I mean he wants us to baptize every week, which is not an easy thing to do but it is obtainable. He wants us to love others as Christ loves us and told us "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself" Hahaha another thing that happened is that just earlier this today we left to visit with a member and we passed by the church at 4:30 but we saw something super cool. We saw one of the counselers of the bishop and a counseler of the Elders Quorum washing their cars. I was like wow cool car wash. We asked the member why he didnt invite us? Hahha but the member likes to machete others so he sent a message to them saying can I bring my car tooo wash too? The other members were like when did you see us and we just responded what? We were visiting in Chapel super far away from the church. So just typical church leaders for ya. Wow I am just loving the mission. It is super difficult especially in these months but it is amazing. I had never thought about the mission this way but I am here helping others have a better relationship with Christ and our Heavenly Father. Sometimes I wonder what would the people do if we weren't here to teach them? Also the same question that President Nelson said in conference. Where would I be or this person be without the Book of Mormon? It is a question we should ponder many times. Not only one and done. Now here in the mission it is starting to get a little hotter. The rain is starting to go away. However, the nights are still cool well if you think 80 is cool. But the days are like 90 to 100 so ya I guess the nights are cool. Haha I am all over the place in this letter. Its because I am always tired in the night... But it is all cool. I hope you had a great week! Love you all

Your Boy,
Elder J. Lancaster

No comments:

Post a Comment