Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Oct. 30, 2017 Pink Eye



So how was your week?  Hopefully no more trips to the hospital. Are you doing anything fun for pday?  You're out in the country this year, do they do anything for Halloween?
This week was pretty normal. Work and football. Carson's last game against Logan. They won 40-7 I think that was the score. One of the Logan kids targeted Carson's friend Keaton Lamb and he got a concussion. A pretty bad one. Not cool.
Other than that life is pretty chill. Carson went to the corn Maze on Friday with some friends, they came back to our house after and finished watching game 3 of the World Series (go Astros) and then to a Halloween party at the craynor's on Saturday so we're back to the picking kids up late at night on the weekends. We had a reprieve from that for a minute. He has some pretty good friends so hopefully we don't need to worry too much about him getting into trouble. But you never know I guess.
Dad went golfing on Saturday with Chad Noorda in Ogden somewhere. He had a good time. Carson and I went to Ogden to lunch and went and bought some new tennis shoes. By the time we got home I had a migraine, so I spent the rest of the day trying to get rid of it.
I did go to the dr this last week to get my heel checked and I have a bone spur. It looks not good- (no wonder I can't hardly walk some days.). Anyway, I got a cortisone shot in my heel - hurt like crazy- and they gave me a brace and an insert for my shoe and some exercises to do for a month and come back and see how it's doing in a month. Some days it feels much better and others it still hurts like normal-- I guess I'll just have to deal because there's no way it hurts bad enough to have surgery on it at this point.
We are planning on the Halloween hay ride and dinner and mostly watching the World Series. Today is a day off while they travel to LA. It's been great so far. We are all cheering for the Astros and so far they have fought to the bitter end of each game. 2 OT games. Most home runs hit in a World Series- they are breaking all sorts of records. I'm pretty sure everyone thought that the Dodgers would sweep them and the Astros are up 3-2 they won 1 game in LA and lost one at home, but won the 2nd game against Kershaw so that is definitely a feather in their cap. Verlander is starting tomorrow. So hopefully they can get the win. It would be awesome.
Quote from sacrament meeting yesterday -Ryan ended the primary program.
'Don't pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.' Bruce Lee
Have a great week!  Love you
Love
Mom

So this was a difficult week. But we sure did make it through it. Hahaha it really wasnt that bad it was just a little bit harder than normal. This week we did a pretty sick activity but lots of people didnt show up so it was a little disappointing. But you know how the mission is full of ups and downs. It is a complete emotional rollercoaster. So this week the main focus was find new people that we can put baptismal dates for the 25th of November. So we found the people we just havent but the baptismal dates yet. But also we were just trying to get people commited to go to this activity that we had. So the activity was we blocked off a street and we watched a movie in the park. We watched the testaments. Which is the movie about how Christ came to the Americas. It is awesome. Well at least I like it. Not only for the people that didnt show up to the activity I caught the eye problem that has been going around. It is called conjunctivitis. It blows. My eyes are super red.. And it feels like there is a little rock in my eyes and so you rub them, but it just hurts more. I had to use sunglasses all day because the sun kills your eyes... It really is horrible. The nurse told me that I couldnt leave for 3 days and I said thats an awesome joke. So I left and I suffered. But it was great. I love the mission. So that is why it was really difficult. But this week we were walking and an old man, who we were teaching someone in his house but we stopped visiting her because she didnt want to progress, anyways he stopped us and said why dont you visit her anymore? So I said because I have been busy and she didnt really want to listen to us. He told me come by and visit me. I want to know more. I even would like to be apart of the church of Jesus Christ. So we said is it ok if we come by tonight? He said if you arent busy. So we went and taught him and he told us that he wanted to be apart of our church and that he would try his best to go to church this week. That was a really cool experience. But yeah so that was pretty much the week that I had. Fighting another sickness... And just trying to find the chosen ones of the Lord. I hope that you all had a great week!!!
Your boy
Elder Lancaster

No comments:

Post a Comment