Monday, January 22, 2018

January 22, 2018



Hey!!! So this week was a little different. We had a rough time at the begining of the week. We couldn't find  anything. But then we got to the last part of the week. We found 13 new investigators in one day! It was awesome. Then Sunday rolled around and we had 5 investigators in church!! A high for this area. But the only thing was is that it wasn't that good because the people aren't progressing now. It is sad. Familia Lopez is amazing only that the mom isn't married and her daughters don't want to be baptized unless the mom gets baptized. So we are trying to work with her companion. So we also found a kid on Sunday and he is 9 who is a members grandson and he wants to be baptized. So we have a baptism. I am a little disappointed in a member. We have an investigator that works for a member. But there are fiestas in a place called Guacotecti and the member does food. So she didn't let him come to church and his baptismal date fell threw. I am very upset with the member. But also I got new shoes that the soles were a little worn out and my comp told me to buy new soles and he would put them on so he did! That was cool. We also worked with the Branch president we bugged him a ton hahaha but we had fun. I also bought an old baseball mitt which was dope. So that was my week!!!!

Voice Recording:
Well, We had a good week I'd have to say.  I;m a little bit sick so sorry.  We were having a tough time finding new people this week, but we found 13 people one day which was pretty cool.  I mean, that was on of  my highest day of finding new people.  My highest was 21 people, 1/2 of them didn't work out let's just say that, but these 13 people, they're alright.  It was only 3 families that we found so that's actually pretty cool.  We also found a pretty cool person that day, her name's Joanna but her mom is pretty cool.  Her mom's a medical forensic and we saw some pretty gnarly pictures with her.  Some murder scenes here and I'm like wow, that's pretty gnarly.  I was like That's a 009mm shell, .009mm case, that's a 40.  She's like wow, how do you know that?  I was like, I'm not dumb, I know a lot about guns.  So we kind of talked with them, it was pretty cool.  We also had a record of 5 in church this week.  Like for this area, that's huge.  In Moncagua not really, you could pull off 10 and you're like that's good.  But here 5 was amazing.  Right now we're struggling with the law of Chastity.  We need to get people married, but nobody wants to get married.  I got a couple people that need to get divorced and then married.  But that is so expensive here.  It's like $300-400 and they don't have money to pull that off.  So like we're trying to look for a lawyer that's a member that could maybe cut us a deal and help us out.  What else, yesterday, we found a 9 year old kid not baptized in a member family.   He's like, 'yeah, I'll be baptized."  He's already got all the attendances, Just got to make sure he doesn't drink coffee.  Like honestly, he's not breaking the Law of Chastity, he's 9 years old.  We found him and just working hard.  I don't know much to say, my comp's funny, he's fun.  The area's cool, it's pretty. I mean, I don't know I don't have much to say.  I haven't done this for a while so I'm out of practice, and my throat hurts.  Love you guys.  

No comments:

Post a Comment