Tuesday, August 16, 2016

August 16, 2016
It is Cameron's farewell today. He gave a good talk. Dad recorded it for you. Kourtney, Ashtyn and Halle sang a song. Dad recorded it too. They did a great job. When I picked the song for them, I didn't think about how much it was going to make me cry, so that was a bad idea. 😩
How was your week?  One more there and you're off to the big bad world. It's gonna be great!  Just know that it will be hard but that's a big part of what will make it great. Hopefully you are making the most of your study time to be as prepared as you can be once you get out there to teach.

Work has been rough the past couple weeks. It seems like if it wasn't for bad luck we wouldn't have any. But some how everything works itself out in the end. Even if it wasn't how we planned. Which usually it isn't. I guess that's one thing that we have learned over the years is to roll with whatever happens to come our way because in trucking everyday presents a new challenge. Even though you think you have a pretty normal 'schedule' of things. Finding people that want to work is a huge part of the stress and I don't know that it will ever get easier. We are down 2 drivers again. The grass is always greener somewhere else, and maybe it is. I don't know. It just seems like the harder you try and the more you offer and do the harder it is to keep guys happy. It's just the big cycle and it sucks!
On a better note. Football is going good for Carson. He likes the new team and seems like he is doing well. He said he got to run the ball in practice yesterday and that was pretty awesome.  I think he said he was playing nose guard and left tackle. But I don't know for sure. None of that means much to meπŸ˜‰. Their first game is on Saturday. Carson's birthday.

We went on a drive on Sunday up through Ogden canyon and over to Henefer and did the pioneer trail through emigration canyon down to this is the place monument. It was a perfect day. Kayla got stung by 2 hornets and dad used his scouting first aid skills to keep them from swelling. He was all sorts of proud of himself.
We are still working on the deck, but it is ready to out the new decking and railing on. So hopefully by the end of the week we will have that done.
Well I still haven't gotten a package together, but hopefully this week. Dad is working on a photo album but it's not done either. If there is anything else you can think of besides what we've already talked about to put in the package let me know.
We love you. Work hard. Listen to the promptings of the spirit and let the lord lead you. Always stand as a witness.

Love
Mom
Mom: So how's the week?  How's the Spanish? How is the laundry going?  When you get to San Salvador do you get a maid or are you on your own?

August 16, 2016
So this week was long due to the fact that I am only here for one more week!!! Can you believe it? I don't even know what to tell you guys. All I can think about is that I love this gospel and how people can change. I've changed so much and I know that this is a crazy ride but I think that i'm killing it here. I'm just excited to get to the real work even though i can`t speak Spanish. I'm understanding more and more which is really good. Hopefully I can get it. I talked to a missionary at the temple who had one week left and he said you understand and and communicate by three months but in 6 months you've got it down. So hopefully that's how it goes! I need a laundry bag for sure and something to scrub the collars of my shirts

Love 
Elder Lancaster

Mom: That's great!  I'm glad things feel like they are coming together. You'll probably have a native companion when you get there too which will probably speed up the language learning process; out of necessity for you because we all know how much you like to talk!  
I will get things together and send a package by the end of the week.  Hopefully you will be able to get most of what you need there. Sorry about the laundry bag. I thought about it a few times but never actually put it on my shopping list so it didn't get done. 
We got your letter on wed. Or Thursday last week so it took almost 3 weeks to get to us. 

Jackson:  It probably sat at customs forever. But make sure if Azalea wants to send something you ask please
Did you like my letter or what?

Mom:  If I tell you yes will you be able to get your head the through the door?

Jackson:  NAH come on mom you know me it ALWAYS fits ;) 

Mom:  So do you get to see Briar or Parker ever?  If you do, get a picture with all of you. I can't remember if I told you but Parker's mom found a picture of the incoming missionaries that someone had posted when you got to the MTC and shared it. Your hair looks great!

Jackson:  I have a picture with each of them separate but I'll get one with both of them together today. I see Parker a lot but Briar not so much he is in another branch.

Mom:  So did you go to the temple this morning?  I'm trying to figure out your schedule since its been different every week

Jackson:  Yes I go to the temple in the morning on Pdays .  What else do you want to know about this place? 

Mom:   Everything.

Jackson:  Sports, language study, devotional and district meeting not much today is pretty relaxed. But you need to email me on Sunday if you don't normally because we might email on Monday next week.

Mom: What kind of sports do you play?  Just soccer or other stuff. 
We are planning on emailing Sunday this week. I think dad already does. I always start but don't get it finished Til almost before I think you are going to email 😬. It's the procrastinator in me. AND you know I work better under pressure. πŸ˜‚

Jackson:  Haha its okay. And no we can't play soccer it basketball volleyball or work out.

Mom:  So what do you do since I know how much you LOVE basketball?  You said you were going to workout and stay in shape. How's that working out or are you already adding to your belly that you were working on when you left?

Jackson:  I've lost ten pounds so whatever. Love you gotta go next week see ya. 

Mom:  Not liking the food much😟. 
Love you have a great week. And the next time we chat you'll probably be in El Salvdor!

Love 
Mom

As much as Jackson loves to hear himself talk he isn't sharing a whole lot, but hopefully that's because he isn't out being the social person that he is.  And hopefully that will change starting next week when he leaves the MTC on Monday.  I guess we will see.  He isn't very good about answering my questions either :(.   Til next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment