Thursday, August 11, 2016

July 17, 2016
So how was your week?  Who is your companion? Did you get to go to the temple? How are you liking the early mornings  ?  What's it like there? What's your schedule?
My week was pretty tame. Wed  I went to work and dad left for scout camp after lunch. Thurs work fri work. Dad came home around 6 from scout camp and we had dinner with Taylor and Kayla. We went to afton to dads cousin kregs funeral. He was the one that had cerebral palsy and was the painter. He was 62 years old. Carson came home from scout camp on sat. And stayed with Taylor and Kayla because dad and I decided T the last minute to stay at the cabin. We just came home this afternoon. It was nice to just relax and not worry about anything for a day.
Sorry this is a short letter. Not much happening  around here this week.
Hope things are going well and you are settling in and learning Spanish and how to teach and having some fun in the process.
Let me know if there's stuff you need me to send. I am thinking about sending a package to be there when you get to El Salvador. Maybe I'll send the sunscreen and mosquito spray that we didn't get in your suitcase. Let me know if there is other stuff you might need that I can send.

Love
Mom


On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Jackson B Lancaster
I'm on for an hour...

Well it has been really crazy lately. The first day was so long and I was so overwhelmed. Then next day I woke up and went to clase and we can’t speak in English anymore. I want to quit about every day. But I know that I can’t because I’m not going to let you guys down. Ever. I love you guys and I’ve never felt the spirit so strong here at the CCM. I’m so glad you were always on my butt about Azalea. My companion went home today because of worthiness issues. It honestly was devastating. I felt so bad for him because I knew how he felt and I wanted to go home for him because he was so much better than me at being a missionary and speaking Spanish. But before he left I said a prayer for our district and I felt the love of the Savior so strong in the room and I won’t let you guys or Him down. Thank you for loving me so much and I’m sorry I was mean and rude because I miss you mom, I don’t think that I had ever told you this but Mother’s day was my favorite holiday because it was about you. I love you mom and sorry I don’t have your skills to type fast.

Mom:
So How is the Spanish coming?  Do you at least understand a little?

Jackson: 
Ya here is my testimonio. Yo sé que la iglesia es verdad. Yo sé que la Expiación es verdad. Yo sé que podemos vivir nuestro Padre Celestial otra vez I know that the church is true. I know that the Atonement is true. I know that we can live with our Heavenly Father again.

Mom:
Not bad.  Too bad I can't hear you say it in your gringo Spanish ;)

Jackson:
I know huh. Oh im sorry if I ever was a bad son. I love you and I hope you know that
Oh they freaking shaved me bald pretty much!!!!

Mom:
Seriously?  You didn't have much hair to begin with.
Jackson
Tell me about it. I don’t have to do my hair anymore though

Love you mom. Forever and always. and you are always in my prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment