Thursday, August 11, 2016

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 8:37 AM, Sharon Lancaster <slancaster@kellerits.com> wrote:


Well, I hope you had a great week and that the language is coming along.  How's being in a threesome instead of just a companionship? 
Send us some pictures.
It's kind of weird adjusting without you here.  We can go to bed before midnight, I'm not up wondering where you are and what you are doing and we aren't always tired at work :).  We finally had a night that we were home for dinner last Thurs. and it was strange.  I even set the table for you :(. 
We had our home teaching dinner yesterday and everyone asked about you and said that it was a little bit weird without you there.  Wayne was chuckling about you wishing you were still home running chan fir.  But they are all proud of you and excited for you to get out to the mission field and share the gospel like we know you can.  Brandon turned 16 and has his driver's license and blessed the sacrament for the first time yesterday too.  Pretty cool.  I still don't like to lead the music, but it is what it is.
Carson had his last baseball tournament Fri and Sat. in South Jordan.  Holy crap it was HOT!!  it was 104 when we pulled into the parking lot.  The boys played really well.  They lost 10-7, 6-5, 3-2 and 8-5.  If they got rid of their errors they win every game, but something to work on for sure.  Carson pitched awesome.  He was on both days.  It was great to see.

Taylor and Kayla went to the family reunion and they said not too many  people were there, but that was to be expected since everyone had just been there for Vernon's funeral a month ago and then Kreg's funeral the Saturday before.  I'm sure they were Star Valley'd out.
I got a text from Azalea yesterday.  I told her she could come and hang out when we watch a movie next and asked about her soccer tournament that she played in over the weekend.  We missed Ali's reception because we didn't get home from Carson's tournament early enough, but it looks like she's happy in the pictures that have been posted. 

How was your week?  Who are your companions? Where are they from?  Is the language coming along?  Having fun? (or at least as much fun as you can have in PRISON) ;)

Did you think of anything else besides that watch that you want me to send?  I've got the sunscreen and mosquito spray and your pair of garments that somehow got missed.  I guess if it doesn't weight too much to send I can send the toiletry stuff that we didn't put in your bags.  I just checked to see how much it is going to cost to send a package.  Holy Crap!! $72 for the medium size box and $94 for the large flatrate box.  You might want to just buy whatever you can get there.  I'll put the money in your account.  Just let me know what you spend on your card. 
Let me know.

What stuff can you get at the MTC?

Be happy, Work hard, love who you are working with and HAVE FUN!!

Love
 Mom

Jackson:
on for an hour

Mom:
So how's your week?

Jackson:
My week has been good. I got a new companion from Wyoming and he is a complete stiff. The language is hard but it's coming. I can´t get much here but I did get some pretty sweet scripture cases that are leather. That's cool that you miss me. I miss you guys a ton. The templo here is pretty sweet even though it is pretty small. I'm so lost on what to tell you because we do the same things every day. I can only just say that the sacrament is probably my favorite thing besides the temple in the world. I feel the spirit so strong when I take it. I hope you feel the same way.

Mom: 
So you got to go to the temple?

Jackson:
I go every week before I write. It is pretty neat. I can´t send pictures until I´m out in the field. It is a dumb rule but exact obedience right?

Mom:
That's kind of a weird rule but it's all good. That's awesome that you get to go to the temple every week. Taylor only got to go once while he was in the MTC. 

Jackson:
Yep every week. I might have to use my card because I don´t want to exchange money you know?

Mom:
That's fine. I figured you would need to. What stuff do you need?

Jackson:
Mosquito spray. I´m terrified.. they have this one thing that you can get that makes your bones feel like they snap... so I don´t want that...
Hey send me the jake the rancher poem
And tell dad to send me my mustache picture

Mom:
I'm not going to send a package to the MTC but I will get stuff together to send to the mission home and hopefully it will get there about the same time as you.  I was looking at the postal service website yesterday to see how long it takes for a package to get to El Salvador and it said 3-4 days, but I don't know if I believe that.

Jackson:
You can´t send one to the MTC anyways. Next week I'm going to the city center to place a BOM

Mom:
Sweet.  No worries.  They don't know who you are so it's all good right.  I think that's part of what makes being a missionary away a little easier because you don't have the people that you have lived with your whole life judging you and the things you say and do.  You can go share the message of the gospel with strangers.  It's kind of sad but true.  And if the seed of the gospel has already been planted by a friend or member it just lets them know that there are other people that believe and do the same things around the globe. 

Jackson:
Thanks mom! I love you guys. Oh and I'm shooting a letter your way today.

Mom:
A real letter? snail mail?

Jackson:
i think 3 weeks is when it will get there but we´ll see.

Mom:
It's Briar's farewell on Sunday and he will be there by Wed. next week.  We are planning on going to listen to him so we'll let you know how it goes.

Jackson:
Give him my watch!!

Mom:
That's a good idea.

Jackson:
Haha I know. 

Mom:
You are probably out of time.  So Have a great week!!  Work hard and don't worry. 
So Cameron is wondering how the food is?

Love you

Mom

Jackson:
Good! sometimes its gross though
I have two minutes so anything else? Oh my scripture cases are custom leather.



No comments:

Post a Comment