Monday, August 15, 2016

August 9, 2016
How was your week?  What is your schedule each day?  How is listening to the temple session in Spanish?  Do you understand any of it?  Did you get to see Briar?  Do you actually spend any time with him or Parker?
 Are you pretty much learning the church Spanish and hoping the rest of it comes when you get out in the field?
 Our week was good. Carson had football conditioning everyday. He went to lagoon one day last week with Kourtney and Kaela. He spent the night at Taylor's on Friday and then all day Saturday. He was supposed to come to the bees game with us with Kevin and Jolene but decided he didn't want to go so we went without him.
 Funny story at church on Sunday. I get there at 1030 with Carson and put the numbers for the songs up. And go to get a drink and go to the bathroom. I stopped in the hall to talk to Ben's brother and sister-in-law from Japan and we are just talking about our missionaries. I lost track of time and didn't realize that I was late until the organ started playing the opening hymn that I was supposed to be leading
😳. Crap!!  June Nelson stepped up and did it for me but that was embarrassing!!
 We got the old deck all tore off and got the wood all sanded down. I started putting some wood treatment on last night Til my back couldn't take it any more. So hopefully I can finish it today.
 Azalea texted me about their first soccer game at home today. So I think Carson and I are going to go for a little while at least.
 That was pretty much the excitement for the week.

 Work hard. Be happy.

Love
Mom

This week was a pretty good week. I saw Briar but he is in a different branch so I only see him on Sundays. Which bummed me out. However this week was really spiritual. I learned that it is more important not to shrink than survive. Sometimes I find myself surviving and that's not how I should be living. I need to be worried about staying on my spiritual high even through the tough times. I`m being as good as I can be. I'm working super hard, Spanish is not easy but it is coming just like D&C 98:12-13 says and everyone here says poco un poco. Little by little.  You are always on my mind when its tough and I see you thinking and talking about me and praying for me. Then I get back to work. I only have two more weeks in this prison!!!! We are so excited. Presidente Morris told us we were going home June 26, 2018 and we only have a short time to preach the word. So get to it! This last fast Sunday I fasted for the people in my mission and it felt so good while I was fasting. I absolutely am grateful for wrestling because everyone was whining but me. Also Presidente Morris said endure to the end and endure it well. I hope everyone's summer is full of peeling sunburns and sticky popsicles

Love Elder Lancaster 

Mom:  So far no one has been sunburned too bad and you know we don't do much for popsicles.  On Sunday our lesson in Relief Society was on a talk by Sheri Dew.  The title was "Are you willing to engage in the wrestle?"  and talked a little bit about how it's not always the strongest wrestler that wins, but the ones that know how to use the strength that they have to obtain the leverage they need to win.  Spiritual Wrestlers are seekers.  Some of the thoughts from the talk that I wrote down --Questions are good.  Seek for answers through the scriptures. 
Nephi asked his brothers, "Have ye inquired of the Lord".  Answers from God don't just magically appear.  If you ask, the Lord will answer and give revelation and greater faith.  Sin makes you stupid. (I think that's my favorite)  Questions lead to knowledge and greater faith.  Some things we just can't learn by reading a book.  We have to have faith.  In order to receive a witness-- bear witness and stand as a witness
It was a really good talk- If I can find it I will email it to you.

Jackson:  You should. Haha I know you dont do pòpsicles I just thought it would be funny -oh by the way STAY OUT OF MY CLOTHES!!!!!

I was putting some of Jackson's things away and found his SF Giants shirt we bought on our trip this year.  I decided that I liked it and should wear it, so I did.  Boyd took a picture and sent it to Jackson along with one of Boyd wearing a pair of his shoes.  It's kind of an inside joke because he has been wearing ALL of our stuff for quite a while now and freaking out if we even think about wearing his stuff.  Paybacks.....

Mom:  WHAT???!!!  I make that shirt look good ;)  We are-- That shirt just happened to be on the top of the pile I have in my bedroom waiting to go in a bag :) 

Jackson:  Ouch... Haha so my Latino friend emailed me and did it in English and said his favorite English word. Nigga it made me laugh so hard.  

Mom:  Which Latino friend?  and that isn't even a word :(  especially one that you should be using- EVER. 

Jackson:  Haha my best friend that I met when I got here. They are only here for three weeks so he had left but his name is Elder Reyes. He said that he wanted to come to the USA and study and asked if I could shoot a few emails for him around to help him get in.

Mom:  I find it odd that they are already telling you what date you will be going home.  I wouldn't get that set in stone in your mind because it is definitely subject to change over the course of 2 years.  When are you leaving the MTC?

Jackson:  I don't really care about the date but I leave the prison the 22nd and take a 5 hour bus ride.

Mom:  Wow- that's a long bus ride to go 144 miles.  you must have lots of stops or the roads are terrible or both.  I guess it will be a new experience to tell about.

Jackson:  Ya I'm pretty stoked. NOT!!! Sike I get to take a nap

Mom:  Seriously- they do siestas there?  You should be excited!  Maybe not for the bus ride but to get out and experience the joys of rejection and success.   

Jackson:  Ha no siestas against the rules... I just say really long prayers sometimes.

Mom: LAME!  You need to follow the rules with exactness not laziness.

Jackson:  I do follow the rules! It's not my fault they freaking make us live next to the great and spacious building that parties all night till about 3 am so freak I try my best!!!!

Mom:  Chill dude! I'm just joking-- what building is next door to you?
 
Jackson:  A club that goes wild.  Talk to you next week!!  Love you mommy! 
Don't forget about the Photos :)

Mom:  Love you too!  Have a Great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment