Monday, December 12, 2016

Dec. 12, 2016

We had a great sacrament meeting today. Probably the best meeting we've had in months. Paige Jones, Lynn Burt, and Dan Greene spoke about their conversion or how they have come back to church.  They all did a great job. Dan's story was amazing.  His testimony of the atonement is a testimony to me that the Atonement and Repentance works and is for EVERYONE no matter how bad you think the things you've done are Heavenly Father is always there for us and will welcome us with open arms if we ask and are willing to repent.   I'm pretty sure there wasn't a dry eye in the meeting the spirit was so strong, testifying of what they said was true. It was pretty awesome.
Those are the people that give me the strength to know that I'm doing ok and I can make it if I just keep repenting and trying to do better every day. Their strength is amazing to me. As Dan was talking about when he was 12 and how the ward members wouldn't let their kids play with his family and they wouldn't have anything to do with the kids because of the choices their parents made it broke my heart and made me think about my life and some of the judgments I have made about people that hopefully haven't made them question their testimony but it really made me take a long look at myself and make me want to be more kind and accepting of people regardless of the mistakes they or their families may have made because it's not my place to judge them or decide if they are worthy or not. Repentance and the atonement is for all of us. And I am not the one that decides who is repentant or not.
Before I left for church I was listening to the talk of the week by Elder Bednar. If Ye had known me. He talked about a couple stories in the bible that are part of the Joseph Smith translation. And the original  says I know you not and I never knew you. But the JST says Ye know me not and Ye never knew me. He goes on to talk about coming to know Christ. And how do we do that. Exercise faith, follow him, serve him, believe him. At the beginning he asks the question do we only know about the savior or are we increasingly coming to know him?  I asked myself that question and I honestly don't know the answer. I think I know about the Savior, but I'm not sure that my relationship with him is what it should be and it is definitely something that I am going to be working harder on in the coming months.
This week went by pretty fast - kind of like all the rest of them-  Carson had practice Monday and Tuesday. Wed he had young men's they went to Ogden to the lights. It was super cold. We went at lunch time with Grandma Atwood to Shopko to get Grandma Lou a new recliner for Christmas with the extra 15% off for senior day. It was $50 more off. We took it right over and got it all set up and found out that the frame was broken so we had to take it all apart and take it back and get a different one. And took it back and set it all up. So that took a while. I think she liked it.
Thursday was just a day and Friday dad had a dr appt he has ear infection and sore throat. So we got antibiotics for everyone because I'm sick again.
I worked Til 930 on Friday and we went to Carson's wrestling on sat in Farmington. He took 2nd.
That was the week.
Love you
Mom

I'm sitting here wondering what we can do from here to help you be happy. We got your package today. I haven't had time to read all the letters yet but I read a few. I'm sorry you are having a struggle, but somehow within yourself you have to decide to make the best of the situation and choose to be happy and find joy through the struggle. You knew when you left that it was going to be hard. But you really didn't have a clue what hard was because really your life here was pretty easy. I did your laundry, fixed you food, paid for your gas, you had a part time job for a few months before you left but you really hadn't had a taste of what life as an adult is like. And then you get thrust into being responsible and teaching other people the gospel that you are really just beginning to understand yourself.     It always amazes me the strength that missionaries have even though things are hard they find strength in their testimonies and in the support of the members that they are teaching with and that are helping to support them while they are away from their homes.
Mom

Jackson:  Hey I'm happy now. I talked to President confessed todos mis malditos pecados. Haha I'm good now though. And super happy that you got my stuff

So this week was full of ups and downs. We didn't teach many lessons this week but some of the lessons that we taught were really good. So we had our interviews with the President on Thursday and he gave me great advice and I used it. I started letting the tongue roll. We started to get into houses and we started to do everything better. But my comp still got mad at me... Its whatever right because today we found out that we have emergency changes today. Crazy huh? Anyways I am kinda sad because this is my first area and everything and now I am leaving freaking 2 weeks before Christmas and I had plans with the members and I had this and that with everyone... It is just sad to leave. I had almost 4 1/2 months in the Great Land of Zacatecoluca. I am glad that President is switching me though. I am going to the Capital for all I know. But the biggest lesson of the week is 1 John 4. It talks about the love of God for us and he has so much love for us he gave his first born son. I was thinking about this and the first thing I tried to put myself in his shoes but I cant because I don't know what it is like to have a child. Only parents can kinda put themselves in this spot. Are you willing to give your child to save another person? Tough question. However gladly we don't have to put ourselves in this situation. We only have to show our love for our Heavenly Father. How do we show our love is another question. I don't know how you are showing your love for Him but I am showing mine by living his commandments (John 14:15). And by serving others and giving them the opportunity to know His great gospel. I love this Gospel more than anything. I hope you know that. Mom I think that you know that. I love you too mom. We are going to call the 25th on Sunday we think. We aren't sure what time though. I love you Hope you have a good week
Love
Jackson

Mom:  Well, on your question about giving up your child to save someone else. We have done that in a sense when we sent you and Taylor out to serve missions. We trust every day that the lord will keep you safe and take care of you while you're gone because we can't be there. It's pretty hard some days. I've shed a lot of tears over you and Taylor when you sound sad or homesick or discouraged. But -- I know that you are exactly where the Lord wants you to be doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing and learning the things that are going to make you an even more amazing son, husband and father when you come home. 
Did you get any of your packages?  I wrote the mission secretary and told them I had sent money for them and that you have your own money not tied to the mission funds to pay for them if you need to. 
Do you know where you're going?  Are both of you getting transferred?  I'm kind of excited for you. But why the emergency transfer?  Is it because you want to kill your comp?

Jackson:  It is probably for problems or something like that because we didn't tell president that we had problems. So ya. I got them (packages) today just like you guys. Don't worry I use whatever money I can find ;) I think I'm going to somewhere in the Capitol.

Mom:  There is cash in the envelope with the nativity stuff inside the big package you got today.  Also Grandma gave me $ to put in your account for Christmas so you can spend some of it or save it or whatever you want.  Do you need me to send you some face soap?  you look like the acne is coming on like a teenager starting puberty.  there are 2 more packages coming-- I hope you get them before Christmas, but I sent them last Monday and they are still in San Francisco as of yesterday.  Probably because of the weather.  anyway- I filled 2 stockings with stuff, one for you and one for your companion.  Hopefully you get them, but I guess either way you'll be able to use the stuff and have an extra day to celebrate and open presents.
 
Love you

Jackson:  Wow somebody loves me ;)

Mom:  yeah-- it must be grandma ;)  but make sure not to lose the envelope with the cash. 

Jackson:  I won't lose anything are you kidding me? What package has the presents for the comp. Because I sure don't want to give this comp anything.

Mom:  They should come together because I sent them together.  Like I said- hopefully you'll get them before Christmas.

Jackson:  Oh so they are not in this one that came with my sweet Yellowstone t shirt?

Mom:  no-- all the stuff in those packages are just for you. and you can share if you want to.

Jackson:  Screw that!!!! Only for me!!! Love you mommy so much :)

Mom:  Wow-- what happened to being all Christlike ;-) lol.  I can't even remember what is in the package you got today.  I think it is all the letters and pictures and snowflakes that everyone did for you before Thanksgiving. and maybe your 12 days of Christmas stuff- which is perfect timing because you can start opening them on Wed. 
Well, have a GREAT week, good luck with the transfer.  Be happy.  Remember who you are and what you stand for!!  And.... 
Things are looking up!
 
Love you
Mom
 
Jackson:  And if you ain't standing you ain't remembering! ;) If I ain't in bed by 12 I'll come home ;) Love you mommy gotta go :)
Feliz semana


Mom:  STILL NOT FUNNY!!
 
Love you too!

My Town in Christmas and My Christmas present from me to me :)





Voice Recording:  Ok, so we got another week down. And  I talked a lot more this week, I was pretty happy.  The days were really long, but one day we were going to San Vicente, and we were alone for 10 minutes and we got a call and said oh we’re not going so we had to walk back like 2 or 3 kilometers and that sucked.  Then we had comp exchanges and interviews with the President.  And it was really good.  I told President my struggles and everything and he gave me some great advice.  I’ve got to work really hard.  And I did really good.  I did really good.  I talked to a lot of people.  It’s December and I’ve never worn a jacket.  Never even thought of it and it’s December.  Hehe.  Life of a missionary in Central America.   Right.  Huh Well Whatever.
Yesterday, the assistance went down a lot because no one went because there was a big party on Saturday. 
Well, that’s this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment