Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Nov. 21, 2016 Happy Thanksgiving!!

Well, I should have written yesterday like I normally do, but I didn't feel well so I didn't do it. I don't really feel any better today so I just should have sucked it up and got my letter written. 'Don't put off Til tomorrow what you can do today'. Oh well.
This week has kind of sucked. I have been sick with bronchitis all week. I went to the doctor on Monday and got an antibiotic and figured I would be feeling better in a day or so. NOT. I still feel like crap a week later.  Still coughing and hacking and fever this morning. I missed going to watch Carson wrestle in Twin Falls  on Saturday because I didn't want to share with everyone else. I did get to sleep most of the day though so you would think that would have helped but I guess not. I'm just hoping that I'm at least a little better by Thursday when we're out on the jeep trail in Moab. I would like to be able to breathe so I can hike a little bit😕.
I told dad he other day I didn't know if I could make the hike to Delicate Arch not being able to breathe. I guess we'll see.
That was pretty much the week. Dad finished the truck transportation merit badge with the deacons on wed. But other than that just wrestling practice on Mon., Tues. and Thurs for Carson. And YM on wed. They are working on a go kart at Brian Hardy's. Oh dad and Carson and Landen and Sean Baker went to a private showing of the new prequel to Harry Potter 'Fantastic Beasts' on Fri. (I missed that too because I didn't figure a whole movie theater of people wanted my sickness). Carson didn't really like it. He said it was pretty slow. But Landen thought it was pretty good.
We had Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. It was really good. Dad does a great job on the turkey. It was us and Kristal and Ben and Jolene and Kevin. Grandma and grandpa are in Canada visiting grandmas sister Joanne. She has been doing cancer treatments for throat cancer. And she was doing pretty good I guess but she had a stroke last week. So they went to see her. They should be back tomorrow so we can load up the jeeps and leave wed for Moab.
Taylor and Kayla actually left on Saturday morning and are camping which is crazy. It's down in the 30's at night so I swear they have to be freezing, but Kayla said that their first night was ok and they didn't freeze. They still have 2 more camping nights. Brrr. Kayla was way excited to go camping so I guess whatever floats your boat. I don't even want to camp in the summer when it's warm.
The temperatures here are still pretty warm for November. It's in the high 50's and so far doesn't look like that's going to change this week. (Which is good. I'm hoping we can get at least through Sunday with nice weather so we can enjoy Moab and get home safe).
We are planning on leaving wed afternoon to head down. But we might get to leave earlier because Carson doesn't have school on wed which we didn't realize until yesterday. So I guess that gives us a little extra time leeway if we can get things wrapped up at work early.
All the trucks should be in or coming in by wed afternoon so it shouldn't be too bad. We just have to make sure we have everything loaded for the Sunday leave out guys and get all their paperwork in their boxes before we leave. Fingers crossed we can get it all done early.
I'm really looking forward to some time away without worrying about phones and trucks and everything else. Just being able to relax and enjoy the beauty of the earth and see incredible things that most people only get to see in pictures.
Well, I need to get to work.
So. How was your week?  I know you are having a hard time with your comp, but make the best of it and focus on the good things and it will make the time go faster.  Were you able to set a baptismal date for the girls you were talking about last week?  How about the family you were teaching - the mom with cancer-- how's that going?
I sent your Christmas package so it should be there in plenty of time for Christmas. Did you get your Yellowstone T-shirt?  The tracking said it delivered to the mission on November 10.  Grandma gave me money for you for Christmas to put on your visa $500. Which is way too much but it's grandma. I deposited it in your account and will just pay on your visa. Your total balance is $500 so I wouldn't spend it all at once. Maybe buy a few things you need and go to dinner or something nice and use the rest as you need it. But let me know what you decide to get yourself for Christmas. I also sent $100 cash in the package. It's in one of the envelopes. So hopefully you get your package.
Have a great week. Work hard.
Love
Mom
Well this week I did not have my glory day in the hot sun. More like crap day in the hot sun. I was super stressed out. I had some okay days and one super weird day and then a crappy day. So I am so worried about all these people here I am starting to lose my hair.... Sike!!! I will never lose my hair. Anyways we just had some normal days and then The weird day happened. We were having a good day and then we went to the house of the Lady I baptized. We were about to start the lesson with the whole family but then some drunk dude showed up and started to yell at the family and demanded money for the bread. They were calm and said tomorrow, however this guy wanted it now. They were like we dont have it we will give it to you tomorrow. He started to yell and offend the family. Then the dad said hey chill. He kept going and the dad snapped. He went outside and beat the crap out of the guy. but my comp went outside and I kept all the people inside. My comp helped the dad up when the son of the dad kept the crazy dude under control. But the guy got up took his shirt off and the man had a tattoo and here that isnt a good sign. Then the after we had to call the DL and the ZLs then the assistants called and we almost had emergency exchanges but the family told us he wasn't in a gang or anything like that so we both stayed. The family with the mom with cancer is bad. We aren't going to baptize them because she cant even talk now. Her skin is yellow and the children are getting worse. Well one is but the other is slowly improving.  However the mom doesn't want to give permission only because we are Mormons too. She told them every other church yes, but the Mormon no. I was like you need to meet the Jehovah Witnesses! But that was my week super stressful... I was so stressed my nose started to bleed 4 times in the day!!! Well missionary work isn't easy I can say that much!!! Anyways that is this week!!! Love you!!!

Mom:  Probably a good thing you have a latino companion.  That could have been bad if it was 2 white guys there.  A little bit scary!  I know that you are being watched over and protected everyday, but make sure that you listen to the promptings of the spirit and be smart and you will be safe.   I honestly don't worry about you being safe there.  I just know that you will be fine.    Sounds like that was an exciting lesson.

Jackson: No the guy didn't even see us. Only when my comp left. I'm pretty sure I could have handled my own thank you.

Mom:  I'm sure you could handle yourself, but you know what I mean.  So, are you still going to keep visiting the family with the sick mom?  What do you do for your exercise time?

Jackson:  I do nothing. I need to start up again. But I haven't. Yeah we are at least going this Thursday but if the dad calls and says that they were bad one day this week then we aren't going back.

Mom:  What do you mean that they were bad?

Jackson:  Like they are like me and Carson but 100xs worse. They fight 100% of the time and never do anything in the house. I promise they are worse.

Mom:  I don't know.  Carson took up your cross with his room.  You were a terrible example of cleanliness.  I hope you keep your stuff clean and picked up there.  He doesn't have anyone to fight with anymore, so he likes to pick on Landen and fight with him when he has the chance.  It's crazy.

Jackson:  Smack him a few times. Both my comps were like woah you are super clean because I really am super clean sorry I just never wanted to be clean at home I guess

Picking Beans

Voice Recording:  OK. Well, another week down. Well, down, I mean another week passed.  I'll tell you all about it.  Um, honestly this week wasn't very good, I'll have to say that.  Monday we had the grill thing, and I ate and I was Like ah, I'm fine and the night came and I 'm like um my stomach kinda hurts.  Then Tues. rolled around and we went and played Fut.. uh Soccer sorry in the morning because Elder Williams was the only one that was leaving.  My stomach was hurting soooo bad.  It started in the night and I woke up and my stomach hurt so bad.  And then we went and played and it wasn't too bad while we were played, but then we went and cleaned the house and I was like ooh and we cleaned so much and woah my stomach just started to hurt so bad.  We didn't eat lunch because we ate pupusas in the morning, and they were burnt.  I didn't want to clean because it was freaking Tues. not Monday!  And we wasted a bunch of time cleaning.  I thought I might have a parasite or something like that, but we don't know what it was from, That day, then Wed. rolled around.  I was just pissed at my comp during the practices,    I hate practices con- with him because he just makes me feel stupid. And I hate it.   Ya, it doesn't really help me out.  Give me a break, Sometimes I'm like- Give me a break, I've been out here less than 6 months and you've been out here 18 months.  What do you expect out of me, I'm trying my best.  You know.  But I was pretty frustrated and then he's like hey, contact that guy. So - ok, we are in the street and I start to contact him and he cuts me off and then after he's like Why didn't you contact him?  Well, I tried, but you cut me off.  You know.  I was like what the freak!  
I'm just trying to keep my anger and trying to calm myself down.  I was still sick that day,  oof, my stomach hurt so bad.  Then, the next day, I had a good study that day.  I'm glad that we got a new district leader, because my companion was not a good leader.  He was more worried about everyone else but himself.  Ya you need to worry about everyone else, but you need to worry about your area first,  Like your area is the first thing you need to worry about not everybody else.  In the manual it says you are supposed to have the (stuttering trying to find the right English word) example area.  
And we definitely did not have the example area.  Well, maybe, but I don't think so, because he was always, like, we need to go over here and make sure that they're doing something right and I was like They're big boys, let em be you know.  And when the Zone leaders would say something he would just freaking take the lashings and not try and fight for us, he would just turn around and rip on our district and I'm like ooo I hate you. Honestly, and he was like their little puppy and he just did everything that they said and that frustrated me big time.
Alright.  Now we get to Thurs. nope, we're on Fri.  The only way to describe this day is weird.  So, we had a district meeting.  Our new district leader, he's really good, he's leaving this change though, it's kind of sad but he's a really good guy.
Contacted, had a great lesson with a lady.  She doesn't want to go to church and she doesn't want to get married, you know, she's just kind of shacking up with this guy, but we told her, what do you want with your life?  We just kinda had a good lesson with her.  And then, all our appointments fell through, no one would let us in.  And we finally got to the end of the day and got to the Rodriguez's house.  The family that I baptized the mom.  The dad still needs to be baptized and we are working really hard with him, cause he has problems with the word of wisdom.  So, we're about the start the lesson.  We talked to them for about 5 minutes just about random stuff, just being friends with them and then some guy shows up and he's like hey.  Where's my money? and I was like oh no!  And they were like hey, we don't have it right now, we'll give it to you tomorrow.  We're waiting for the money too. and I was like oh ok cool. and he was like NO!  I want it now!  I want my $16 now!  You guys laugh.  $16 here is like a lot of money.  It's a pretty good amount.  And he went on and was like I want my money.  And the wife was like no, we cannot give it to you right now because we don't have it.   We will give it to you tomorrow.  He was a little drunk is what they said after the fact.  So we were just like oh alright.  Then the guy started yelling no se que!  blah blah blah just offending them and stuff.   And the dad, the investigator that we're trying to baptize he's like hey, stop man. We don't have the money, but you know we'll give it to you tomorrow.  And then the guy goes off offending the family
  , I don't, I didn't know the meaning of some of the bad words I was hearing, I was like  woah!  And the dad goes alright that's enough.  And he can barely walk, like he has a bad leg, he limps.  And he goes out the door and beats the crap out of the guy.   They are on the ground beating the crap out of each other, He's beating the crap out of this guy that offended his family.  I was like oh no.  I kept all the girls, they have 3girls and a little boy and they have another boy who's 18, but I'm keeping the 3 girls, they are like 20, 19 and 14. I'm keeping all them inside.  My companion left and I was like oh no, please don't hit anyone.  He picked up our investigator and the son held the big crazy man.  While we picked up our investigator and he went back inside.  And the guy still kept chirping at the family and the mom was like you know what, I'm calling the cops.  She called the cops and it took them like 20 minutes to get there.  WOW!  This sucks!  But, he took off his shirt and he had tats all over.  Here-- that's- that's NOT good!  So we had to call the district leader and then we called the zone leader and assistants called us to make sure that Tom didn't touch anyone because he's an idiot and left but anyway, whatever you know.  We still might have emergency transfers, who knows?  I probably doubt it because he's still here sadly.
The next day we did some service in San Vicente. Ugh.  I hate San Vicente!!We went there and we picked some beans.  That was fun.  Like we pick the bean plant so they can get all the beans out of them.  It was pretty cool.
I really found out some things about my comp.  Like he's a fake, he's a people pleaser,  Like I kinda new that he was a people pleaser, but he's a fake, like a SUPER fake.  Every time the new district leader would say something, Oh I remember when I was a bad missionary, and my companion's like oh ya, me too, I remember that.  and I remember when I was obedient and did everything right and my companion was like oh ya me too.  I did this and that.   And he always talks about his house and he always talks about everything like that and one day he told me you need to stop worrying and talking about your girlfriend and your family.  I don't even talk about all you guys all that much with him.  Just every once in a while I'll be like, I remember this and he's like hey you need to be a consecrated missionary and forget yourself and do the work of the Lord.  I'm like are you serious?  He's always talking about his freaking family!  Whatever, you know.
And then yesterday, I was just stressed out.  I had a stuffed nose and a headache and honestly I was so stressed out my nose started bleeding.  I was so stressed.  I want to drop my companion to the ground all the time.  but you know, we'll see how it goes this week.  We only had 2 people in Sacrament meeting and we committed 14 people to come and we had 2 people show up.  So that was really frustrating for me.  So that was my week.  In 11 minutes and 15 seconds.  He he.  Well, I love you guys.  You guys are awesome.  Keep it real.  I still don't know about Christmas, but I know I'll get to talk to you.  Love you guys.  See ya!

So- he doesn't like his companion :(  It makes me sad, but I guess it's just another learning experience.  Teaching him patience.  (I think it's going to be a tough lesson because it doesn't seem to be taking quite yet. LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment