Monday, December 12, 2016

Nov. 28, 2016

I am going to preface this post with-- remember that we are all human and I am a Mom wanting to protect her child from all the bad stuff in the world and we don't ever want to see our kids sad, but it is a fact of life and sometimes we say and/or do things we probably shouldn't.  But those who know me won't be too surprised at the conversation between us this week :)

Well, it sounds like you had an exciting week. Hurricane and then an earthquake!  We got an email from the mission president on Thursday afternoon that said all the missionaries were safe and accounted for. I didn't see it until Friday when we were having breakfast. We didn't even hear anything about it Til then. I tried to find some information about it but I haven't seen anything except that it was a 7.0. How was it?
I found some pictures this morning. From the hurricane. It looks really bad. I'm hoping that we will hear from you today, but if we don't, we will be praying for you. We know that you are being watched over and protected each day. I guess the missionary work for a while will be service work to help everyone clean up after all the damage. Maybe the pictures aren't from recent stuff but wow.
You'll have to tell us all about it.
Our week was pretty fun. Monday and Tues. were pretty slow at work so I spent the time getting ready to go to Moab. We took all the food we needed for sandwiches and thanksgiving dinner so we didn't need to go to the store down there. It was really nice to have everything. We did go to the store and got something for dessert but that was it.  We even came home with enough stuff to have steak dinner Sunday afternoon when we got home. It was kind of nice to just put everything on the table and eat a nice dinner in about 15 min.
We left wed. About 1230 stopped at Costco to get meet and buns and then at the burger bar for lunch. We got down there about 630 and unloaded and then went to dinner at the Mexican place about 740. The food wasn't very good this time. Maybe because we were at the end of the day. We were the last ones out of the restaurant. I probably won't go back there again.  Carson actually got a burrito though. I was surprised!   Thursday we did the elephant hill trail. Maurice and Tonnya and Rhett came down and it was pretty irritating   He took forever to get in and out of the jeep. It's a good thing they weren't with us because I seriously would have had a come apart. Rhett whined and bawled the whole time.
The trail was awesome. Taylor was having a panic attack the whole time but he did great. I didn't walk out to the confluence of the river this time because I could barely breathe. I have bronchitis. I think finally today I might actually be getting better. Still coughing but not as bad and my breathing isn't as rattly. But no hiking for me.
Friday we went out to Tusher Tunnel
And Gemini bridges and bull canyon that is the bottom of Gemini bridges. We went back to the hotel about 430 and relaxed. I didn't feel good so we didn't go anywhere. Taylor and Kayla took Carson and went to the blue pig bbq and went to the new Disney movie Moana with the rock. They said it was hilarious. Me and dad went to McDonald's and got a large fry and we're going to get shakes but the ice cream machine didn't get turned on that day. So we went to Wendy's and got frosties. And I got some nighttime cold medicine and took it at 830 and went to sleep about 845. First good night sleep I had in a couple weeks. I only woke up once coughing instead of every 30 minutes.  I didn't even hear everyone come back after the movie.
Sat. We got up and got ready to go. Had breakfast made lunch . . . I went out to put the cooler and everything in the jeep and get it warmed up because it was like 26 F brrr. Got everything in and started the jeep and hopped out and noticed the front tire was flat. Crap!  So that put a damper on the day. Grandpa aired up the tire so we could get it to the tire shop. And I figured eh it's only 830 we shouldn't be too long they won't be busy. WRONG!  We got there and they were super busy and said it would be and hour to an hour and a half. So we called and let grandma know they probably should just head out without us and we would find something else to do and that they needed to come get their lunch from me.
Taylor and Kayla took Carson to the rock shop while we waited.
It ended up only being about 45 minutes. And the guy fixed it for us for free. He said we were the most patient customers he had had all morning. Which was nice.
So we ended up going with everyone on the dome plateau trail. It was pretty awesome. We saw some new things and new terrain. Nice for a change.
We went to Zaks for dinner and came back and everyone was asleep by 9๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. We were exhausted.
Sunday we decided to just head home since it was supposed to snow. So we got home about 3. We didn't get hit as hard as they said we were going to but it did snow. Hello winter!
Back to the grind today. Problems and the normal for a Monday. But it's all good. It was nice to take a few days away and not worry about anything and just enjoy each other and the beautiful earth that we have to enjoy.
I hope that you are well and things are going good. We have been praying for you and your companion. You need to look for the good things and maybe you will not be so uptight๐Ÿ˜. Work hard, be safe!  Listen to the spirit and you will be guided where you need to be.
We love you!
Love
Mom

Well that would have been cool to feel the earthquake and even know about the hurricane. Anyways this week was awful. We only accomplished 1 baptism. That was it. It is very frustrating my comp ripped into me one nigh and asked why I never contacted and why he had to remind me to do stuff but honestly if there is a person I want to contact he contacts them. Then in the lessons my teaching is never good enough. When I teach the principle he tells me to teach by the spirit. How ever when I teach what is in my heart he asks me why I would say something like that. It is just never good enough for him.I never win. Then he loves to fight with the people. He loves to tell them that their church is wrong because it does this and that and what not. When he should just say thank you for your time have a nice day. I hate the fighting. These people are always going to remember when he fought with them and have a bad taste of Mormons. Anyways ¨we also had a great experience in the home of our President. He invited us and the Rodriguez family to his home to have a family home evening yesterday. He taught the restoration in a way that I had never thought of and it was powerful. Well That is all for this week sorry it is so short. I love you 

Mom:  It sounds like you are doing what you need to be doing, but you are needing to get past the anger you have towards your companion so you can have the spirit with you.  We are praying for you to be able get over that so you can move on.  You can't let him dictate how you are going to feel or how your time is going to be spent.  YOU choose how you are going to feel.  Yeah he might do stuff you don't like or agree with, but you have to let it go and be happy on your own.  He can't make that decision for you.  You have to find joy through the trial of your faith.  :)  Maybe this is your trial right now, but if you don't figure out how to get along with him, he will be your companion for another transfer til you get it right.  If he thinks you need to talk more then do it.  Get in there and contact, be assertive, don't let him push you out.  Be confident, go in there with some swagger, just like Brad Holgate taught you to have in baseball.  If you don't have some swagger, you won't put yourself out there.  It's ok if you don't do it perfect or even right if you are being lead by the spirit, or even if you're just out there contacting whomever to get some practice DO IT!  Quit whining!  It is not becoming and it isn't making things better for you.

Jackson:  Mom he told me to go home one day. I don't even know what I did wrong. I am trying hard in the lessons and sometimes he interrupts me in my contacts I'm dong my best but he wont even talk to me in the street anymore. I don't know why.. I'm just lost.

Mom:  I'm glad you didn't feel the earthquake or the hurricane.  I guess some people in your mission must have because we got an email from the mission president about it.  And then, one of the parents did a REPLY TO ALL ;)  It was pretty funny.  I'm pretty sure it was a Latino that did it because the reply was in Spanish.  Dad got a pretty good kick out of it. 

Jackson:  Haha That's funny. Did you get all my pictures and everything?

Mom:  Yes-- what are you doing in all of them.    Also- I guess after you talk to the District and Zone leaders and things don't change just kick his ass and maybe he'll smarten up.  And if the mission president asks why you did it, just tell him he can deal with me because I told you to do it!

Jackson:  I don't remember but I really want to beat the shit out of him some days but I cant. So I'll just work hard that's all that matters.  

Mom:  True- but seriously talk to the district leader and zone leaders and don't be rude about him, just ask if there is something that you can do so that he doesn't treat you that way.  Otherwise, Pretty much he is just jealous of you and being a prick.  So just show him how good you can be and quit hanging back and being afraid.  I know how you get sometimes and just let someone else step in and do stuff because you don't feel like you can knock it out of the park, but who cares.  Try and do your best, keep working hard, but again; do it with some serious confidence and swagger.  If you're not feeling it, just fake it til you make it!!  It will happen.
Moab was fun, and Carson kept trying to wear the same stuff you did in pictures and do the same things.  what a ding dong!  He misses you a lot and is so proud of you!  We all are!
Love you!! 

Jackson:  I will. I am just going to work hard and do everything. It just sucks that he is a prick. Like I said he wont even talk to me in the street it is always silence.

Mom:  Oh well-- When he is ignoring you, you go talk to someone else.  Like I said, just because it might not be perfect, it doesn't matter.  If you are out there talking to someone and he comes up to interrupt, just elbow him in the guts once, he'll back off :)

Jackson:  New glasses huh? Sweet. I'm going to buy some to protect my eyes from the sun. But that aren't sunglasses because we cant have them. Because President thinks we will look like tourists.    
Aye mommy :) Send me pictures of both Christmas trees.

Mom: Do you want me to see if we can find some to send with your razors and retainer?
Did you get your Christmas package?
Jackson:  No I haven't gotten my Christmas package. And yes please. Gillete Fusion Proshield.

Mom:  K.  I just tracked your package and it was delivered on Friday so maybe they will bring it to you later today. 

Jackson: Haha ya right it doesn't work like that well I gotta go I love you!!! Talk to you next week.


 Pupusas
 Cool Drink

 Baptism!!
Voice Recording:  
Well, Hello Family.  So, this week was MMMMMMM alright.  I’ll just say alright.  Well, Tues. we uh, it was alright but we just  kept wasting time and I was starting to get mad.  But I don’t know, I just want to baptize because I feel like I’m actually doing something.  But, Whatever, you know.  That’s pretty much it.  And then the next day, my Spanish is not doing too good but you know what, I’m working my hardest you know.  Then we uh, My comp ripped the next day and said why  I wouldn’t talk or contact or anything and I’m like you know – I’ll be honest I don’t really talk and I need to talk more it’s true, but he needs to give me a chance too because  whenever there is someone to contact, he just goes and contacts them.  I don’t know what he wants me to do when he does it all, so you know.  The next day, I spoke with the spirit in the lessons and I felt a lot better.  And we baptized it was pretty cool.  It was a little girl, she was a blast to teach.
I’m having nose bleeds and I don’t know why.  I guess we’ll find out right. 
Saturday we did absolutely nothing.  We really did absolutely nothing.  We spend 4 hours in 2 houses and we didn’t even teach a lesson.   I was like WHAT are we doing?  I was so frustrated.  I mean we did help someone get a job, and we did do service; I dug a 6 meter hole.  Well, I was digging a 6 meter hole, there was no way I was going to dig it in one day.  It was at like 1 and I dug it another meter so, that was pretty cool.  And then we had a great day on Sunday.  We went to church and that’s always awesome, and we had 7 investigators and I was like WHAT!!??  This is AWESOME!!  And then every time I looked at my comp I got pissed.  But whatever you know.  And then he wanted to take a nap so I was like alright let’s take a nap.  And then we went to San Salvador to the mission house, the President’s house and we had a Family Home Evening with him and the Rodriguez family and the bishop’s family.  And he taught the restoration in a way that was like woah that was so cool!  And that’s all I did.  If I had a different comp, my week would have been better, well I hope.  That’s it, I love you guys.  See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment