Monday, December 12, 2016

Dec. 5, 2016

Family Home Evening with the Mission President, Rodriguez Family and the Bishop 
I hope you had a GREAT week!!   Our week was good.  We didn't get a lot accomplished at home, but it was busy and fun.  Monday, Carson had Wrestling practice.  Tues. I had a meeting with Jason Cook about Health Insurance in the afternoon and then I was scrambling to get the ads ready in time for the Purple and White wrestling meet and get Carson to practice on time.  It's pretty sad the kids that quit.  Brady Harris, Porter, Cole, Coy and Keeton Richard.  They would have done well this year.  It really floors me how many kids don't finish what they started because it might be hard.  I guess everyone has their reasons that we don't know about and they all have to make their own choices.  It just makes me sad to see them throw away years of hard work. 
Wed. Carson met with Jeff Adams to get started on his Eagle Project.  He is going to build Goose beds for the DWR.  Hopefully he can get it together and approved so they can build them over the Christmas break. 
Thurs. we went to the Wrestling meet against Bonneville.  They were definitely missing those kids.  Box Elder won the Dual but there were some holes.  A few of the younger kids are stepping up and did pretty good too. 
Friday, Carson and dad took down the Batting Cage and put the lights on the house.  I stayed a late at work to get stuff done for the weekend and for the company Christmas party on Saturday. Dad finished putting the lights on the downstairs Christmas tree too. 
Saturday we left at 6:30 to go to Declo Idaho which is by Burley to watch Carson Wrestle.  He did really good!  He wrestled tough and even when he was down he kept with it and worked hard.  He took 2nd.  The last kid he wrestled was pretty tall.  he had his almost cradled but just couldn't get it finished.  But he didn't give up.  It was pretty awesome for him.
 
We missed most of the company Christmas party.  We got back at 9pm.  So we helped clean up.  Sunday we watched the Christmas devotional and decorated the tree. 
Not a very exciting week, but it is what it is.
 
I have a migraine so my brain isn't working very well at the moment. either. 
 
Hope you have a great week this week and that you listen to the promptings of the spirit.  Remember you are never more that a thought away from us and we love you!
 
Love,
Mom

Alright well this week was a lot better than the last week. I don't have much to say but here it goes. So we did really good at the beginning of the week. We found people and we were doing really good. Then we got to Friday and Saturday it just went downhill. There was an activity in the town that we were competing with and absolutely no one was home. We worked and walked so much to find some one in their house but everyone was at the freaking fiesta down town. It was really difficult to teach when there isn't anyone in the street. Anyways one thing that I really learned this week is that I've been told all my life. Is you can control 2 things. 1 your attitude. 2 your effort. I say this because the ward council ripped on us and my comp got mad and went out and started getting frustrated and was like oh I hate him he never helps us and I don't know why he would say that but anyways I thought that we would just take it and change and improve. But that is what reminded me of 2 of the biggest helps in my life Jesse Roberts and Travis Mumford. I'm so glad that they helped me out. I also learned that the biggest and best lesson is lesson 1 the Restoration. Ya I know I already said this but it really can change lives you have no idea how much you can feel the spirit in a lesson when you say the first vision. I love the work and I will continue to work hard. I started to talk to people. Just with simple phrases but there you go. That was my week. I love you mom. Hope you have a great week. 

Mom:  So what were you in trouble with the ward council for?  Did you and your comp have a better week?  That's great you are talking more. Keep talking and things will come. It's actually the only way it will get better. 
Here's the thought off the Brigham imp sign-- are you one of the crowd or one of the stable few?

Jackson:  We came late to sacrament because we were bringing investigators and we didn't fill out the reports and just a bunch of crap. I mean it is okay we can fix it but I have a Lemuel with me...

Mom:  Well-- Just like the thought on the end of your bed for most of your life.  Attitude is everything, choose wisely!    My favorite quote that I have hanging on board at the office-- Attitude- The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.  Attitude is more important than facts, it is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do.  It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill.  It will make or break a company...a home.. a relationship.  The remarkable thing is we have a choice, every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for the day.  We cannot change our past.  We cannot change the fact that other people will act in a certain way.  We cannot change the inevitable.  The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude.  I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.  And so it is with you...we are all in charge of our attitudes.  Charles Swindoll
 
Did you get your Christmas package?  Did you ever get your Yellowstone shirt?
 
Jackson:  No I haven't gotten anything. I think I will get it this week because we have a zone conference. Also we might skype the 24th because that is when Christmas is here...

Mom: That would actually be super awesome because I'm worried that Taylor and Kayla won't be able to be there on Sunday because he has to play the piano for the choir in his ward.  you didn't get the Yellowstone shirt that we sent?  I sent it in October like the 24th or 25th?
 
Jackson:  Nope

Mom:  So do you ever do fun stuff for your Pday?  like go and see what ever there is to see in the town?  I'm sure there are probably cool things around.  

Jackson:  There is nothing. We do nothing fun for P-day. It sucks

Mom:  well you should get creative and figure out something fun to do to break up the monotony of the everyday stuff.  That's what pday is for.  I think that Briar goes to the beach to take pictures where he is on the island. 
 
Jackson:  We do fun stuff sometimes..

Mom:  like what?

Jackson:  Play soccer go to the best pupusa place in Salvador.

Mom:  So where is the best pupusa place?  Do you write to any of your friends?  I'm really bugged that you haven't gotten the your Yellowstone tshirt.  I've got to go here in a minute to send you the rest of your Christmas.  Hopefully you will get it before Christmas, but I'm thinking it might be after.  I'll keep my fingers crossed. 

Jackson:  Haha it is all good. I love you mommy!!! Feliz Semana

Mom:  here's the tracking for the tshirt that says it made it to the final destination on Nov 10th  you should ask the mission secretary about it.

Jackson:  It is all good. Like I said I'll getit this week I think. Just chill. I love you mommy be safe. Feliz Semana

No comments:

Post a Comment