Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Nov. 13, 2016

Well, how was your week?  Anything exciting happening?  Do you have anything lined up for this week?
Have you heard anything about whether you will get to call or skype for Christmas?  Our church will be at 1130 instead of 11 because the 7th ward is doing their meeting at 10. Taylor and Kayla I think go at 11 instead of 1030. Hopefully it will be a short meeting.
Our sacrament meeting went 15 minutes over today and we didn't do a closing hymn (which was awesome). It makes me laugh when they try to have 4 adults speak. It never works. It they want it to work times need to be assigned. Today the one lady took like 20 minutes, her talk was good but after so long I think people quit listening. Oh well.
Our week was filled with lots of the same normal things football and wrestling practice. Carson wrestled with Nick Sorenson on Tues. he thought that was pretty awesome. He wrestled with Rasten last week at one of the practices too. Hopefully he is learning something from them. Carson left Wednesday after school to go to mesquite with the Collings. Easton had surgery on Thursday (it went well), so we couldn't leave Til after the work was done on Thursday and Jolene Worked on Friday.  We got to mesquite about an hour before their game at 930 mesquite time 1030 our time. They had an injury on the game before so they even started later. They played lehi and beat them 25-0. I didn't feel like moving all my stuff to the other side of the field so I was on the lehi side during the game. It's amazing how mean people get when they are losing.  No one can actually win unless they are cheating. It can't be that they played hard and things went their way.  Pretty sad deal. We finally got back to our room about 130am.
The next day was full of drama. Lehi complained and said that we had a stacked team,which we didn't, so they moved us into a different bracket and they ended up playing Juan's team. It was ugly. We lost bad. The boys didn't even play.  Then Saturday they played Moab. We won 25-20. They played well-  all the Moab points were scored by the same kid that got a break away.
Sean was the quarterback and he called all the plays for the offense. It was great. Dad and I came home after their game we got home about 1am and Carson stayed and came home today with the Colling's. They got home around 530. I thought we had a court of honor that I needed to have refreshments to and dad needed to do the program but it was cancelled and dad never said anything so we could have stayed but oh well. I didn't feel very good- getting Carson's cold that is turning in to bronchitis just like it did with him. He's been battling it for almost a month now And 2 rounds of antibiotics.  I'm calling the dr in the morning, maybe he will just call me in a prescription and I won't have to go in? 😉.
That was pretty much our week.

I hope that your week goes well and you will be able to set and accomplish your goals. Work hard, we love you.
Love
Mom

Okay so this week was just stellar!! Haha I wanted to say something new (: anyways I'm just glad that I am not getting transferred and I am staying with my companion. I don't like him all that much but I will just have to live with it right? I was a little home sick this week but you know it is alright. Just part of the experience right? But I have learned that I need to trust in the Lord a bunch more. I do work so hard and I do lose myself in the work but sometimes I don't lose you guys. I just love this work. This week I learned a great lesson. This lesson is about the Lesson number one. The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This lesson is the lesson that everything rides on. If we shank this lesson or do a crappy job, it is almost certain they aren't going to be baptized. Our whole doctrine and all our beliefs ride on this lesson. Well really only in one part of this lesson. We teach that God is our loving Heavenly Father but everyone knows that. Then we teach that there are prophets. The people don't really understand what is a prophet so we have to teach that really good. But then we teach how Christ founded his Church. Then what the whole lesson and what honestly is everything we teach rides on is the First Vision. If we don't teach this with the spirit or with the right attitude. If we are just going through the motions at this part of the lesson we might as well not teach it. It is almost like the sacrament prayer. You can just read it fast and it is okay. But you can also read it slow and emphasize certain words and you feel the spirit so much stronger. This is the way we have to teach this lesson. I'm done with all these number I don't care. I work with names. If I ever get a call hey what are your numbers I will correct them. We teach people not numbers. Jeffery R Holland said "These people are not a baptismal statistic. These are Children of our Heavenly Father that need to be shown the way." I love that. I will live by that my whole mission because that really is how it should be.  I love you mommy :) Hope you had a good week! 

Mom:  I'm driving home from the doctor right now so I'll hopefully get home before you get off line

Jackson:  Hopefully!! Speed home ;) haha be safe mommy :)

Mom:  It sounds like with a little adversity you are learning some lessons that will take you far in this life and the next. 
We have always tried to tell you that being a friend and example of Jesus Christ needs to come first and it will speak for itself and the gospel. 
Don't know if you're done for the day, but have a great week. Learn lots, work hard and love the people. Even your companion will teach you lots of things even if he might not be your favorite. 
Love 
Mom

Jackson:  I'm not done yet!!!

We had a grill out today and the other is my corn :) Well I can only send one because time is up sorry.... It didn't load the internet was super slow!!! Love you!!!

Mom:  Ok!  I missed the first 20 minutes because I was waiting for my prescription and my email wouldn't load. So what families or people did you teach this week?  Do you ever get dinners from the members or what have you been doing for food?  Do you need some recipes or anything like that?
Dad wants to know if you grew that corn?

Voice Recording:  Ok well, this week is the changes, so we'll see.  I'll have to write it in my letter because it's in the morning and I have to go to San Vicente to find out if I am leaving Zacatecoluca.  So, I'll just tell you about my week.  Um Tues we were like wow its a good good  day, and then we saw the numbers and we were like woah oh no.  Two other companionships were like woah and they were having numbers up the wall we were like yep we're screwed.  But whatever, we talked with the little girls today and the little boy.  The little girl that we are going to baptize, her name is Katie and then we talked to Manuel y Ricardo they're the boys.  We need to make it happen this month.  We have some rich friends and we had dinner with them today.  It was pretty good.  We talked about the sacrament and had family home evening with them.  The next day we found 7 new investigators and I was like oh ya! But we didn't get a single baptismal date.  I was like oh man this stinks. but I'm not going to be a trainer.  That's all that matters.  Heh heh  I'm not going to be a trainer. :(  but I'll tell you the story about that after.  Then all our dates fell through on Thurs. all our appointments just crashed and burned.  I was like I don't know why these people won't let me in because I am so happy with this gospel and like they're struggling and I can help them, but they just don't want to listen or they don't want to try it.  My companion lied to me.  He said he recommended me to be a trainer and I find out today that he didn't.  He was like I'm so happy for Elder Williams because he recommended him to be a trainer and he's like oh I'm so happy for Elder Williams because I only recommend one person and he's a trainer now. and I was like oh cool, cool.  I was pretty pissed but whatever you know, it doesn't really matter.  Then we had a zone conference on Friday.  It was good, it was really good.  Mainly we talked about the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ lesson 1.  We have something that's like lesson 0.  We do it first.   It's to find their needs the fastest way possible.  Word or Wisdom, law of chastity, Sabbath Day, Reading the Scriptures and Prayer.  It's just to find that real fast in one lesson.  And then we teach lesson 3, The gospel of Jesus Christ; so Faith, Repentance, Baptism, the Gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the end.  And then we talked about how everything we teach rides on lesson 1.  So, we do a bad job on lesson 1 but do amazing on the other lessons it doesn't matter because they don't know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and received that revelation.  So we practiced that and I felt a ton better with that lesson.  Then, Saturday, it was alright,eh. I had some troubles, I didn't want to do anything.  Well, not that I didn't want to do anything, I was just struggling, because my companion, I want to strangle him sometimes cuz he's just a jerk.  But, whatever, you know.   Today it was Sunday and oh, it was super rough.  I really was homesick, and I'm sorry guys.  I was really sorry. I was really bored, because in one lesson, he was like fighting with a guy and I was like uh :( , I'm not even going to say anything.  And then he's like hey, what's wrong? I was like - oh nothing, nothing, just nothing.  I just want to leave this area, because I don't know how I'm going to work in this area without him because he does all the little kid stuff.  I don't know how to teach them, but Whatever you know.  I'll find out today.  Well, that's all I got.  See Ya!  I Love Ya A Lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment