Friday, May 12, 2017

May 1, 2017

Making Flower Ties

Did you get your package?-- I have your next one ready to send-- I'm thinking I need to get your Birthday Package sent in the next week or you might not get it til Christmas!  Let me know what you would like for your birthday so I can get that done.
The weeks fly by, but the time still seems to be dragging on.  I'm excited to talk to you in a couple weeks.
We talked to Macey's dad at the political meeting on Fri.  He said you sent her a backpack and letters and pictures.  It came the day before her birthday and they were taking it to her in Provo on her Birthday.  She was pretty excited.  She went through the temple last week too.   She'll be gone pretty soon.  
This last week was pretty dismal.  It was rainy and cold.  Carson practiced in the cages in Logan on Monday, but that was it.  The rest of the weeks' games and practice were canceled.  They did get to play on Saturday in Brigham, which was good because all games in Providence were canceled still because the fields were too wet.   Landen's games were canceled 2 weeks in a row because of too wet fields.  Gotta Love Spring baseball in Utah!!  They won both games on Saturday- the first one went to extra innings - tie breaker rules ended 10-9, the 2nd game was against the Bee's-- Carson had a couple of crucial errors in the game- I think partly because he was nervous, but he had a couple great hits, they were ahead 7-2 and the Bees tied it up.  We were home team and they walked the first 2 batters and the 3rd kid hit the ball straight down the 1st base line and got out, but they didn't throw the ball home and we scored the winning run.  The boys were pretty excited.  (I think your dad was more excited that they were, just because some of the boys have been pretty rude to Carson- he says he doesn't care, but I know it bugs him some.)  
We had the team come over for dinner after the games (about 8pm).  It was fun to get to know the new team and the boys really all get along well and have made Carson a part of their group. It all just reaffirmed that we made the right decision for Carson.  He is much happier and has had the opportunity to make new friends and see different coaching styles and learn a lot of good things as well as continue to love the game of Baseball. 
Carson got called as the new Teacher's quorum president and got set apart on Sunday.  He's pretty excited about it.  He loves all his leaders and has learned a lot from them in the last 8 or 9 months.  Bro. Mortensen, Brian Baker, and Brian Hardy are pretty awesome and they really have a lot of knowledge to share with the boys.  He has really enjoyed working on the go Kart and helping with that- he especially likes the welding parts.  
He has to make a choice on Friday this week on whether he is going to play in the makeup games for the BR tournament that was the 1st of April and they only played 1 games or go to Keys to Keys.  They had the mixed team go to the Tournament and had 13 boys so I think he's going to do the Keys to Keys, but he's torn.  I asked him what he wanted to do, and he said you know you can never play enough baseball games. :)  And then he said if they have extra kids, he would go to Keys to Keys.  Hard decisions for a 14 year old.  
We had our Home Teaching dinner yesterday and everyone was able to come.  It was great.  I always enjoy having them over, it makes the month!  They all got a good laugh out of you wanting to talk to your friends and not to your Mom on Mother's day.  I didn't really think it was that funny.   
We had a new driver start today, so hopefully he will work out and another over the road one and a local one that is supposed to start in a couple weeks.  Just need 2 more :)  It's sad that people don't want to work when really there are good jobs available in pretty much any field.  
So how was your week?  Anything new and exciting?  Any fun pday activities?  Are you being transferred or getting a new companion?  How are your new converts doing?  Are they staying active and making friends in the ward?  Do they do a good job of fellow-shipping?  
Have a great Week!
Love you
Mom

So this week we had some good times and some success. We had one family come to church this week and they really liked it. But it is going to be hard because one of them is going to have surgery on the 9th. Hna. Isabel and Marvin didn't come to church and I was pretty sad... She is on track for baptism and that would be super awesome if I was here for that but we still don't know about the changes. So we'll have to see! But it is super weird she is going to have some surgery because her skin bleeds or something. I am not sure but it is going to be the 9th as well!!! Then something bad happened... Sabrina had surgery... I don't know what is going on here.... But she is in the bed and is really not all that great... But we've had some great lessons with her about the atonement of Christ. During this time I've been studying more about the atonement of Christ and it really helps you become closer to him. Also haha there was a drunk guy that fell and we helped him up and were walking him to his house and he was telling us that he loved the bible and all that jazz, so I took mine out and ripped on him for drinking and he was like... I don't really like that scripture... haha so that was super funny. Well that was my crazy week!!! Oh last P-Day we made flower ties. Ya made them. 

Mom:  did you get your package yet?

Jackson:  Yes today

Mom:  Wow-- I sent it on March 30th.  For sure let me know what you would like for your birthday by next week so I can get it sent.  I still need to get pens and you said somebody wanted something but I can't remember what it was-- If you can't remember either I guess I can go back through your letters and figure it out.    
I sent another package today-- It has pants and a couple more shirts and a couple pairs of shoes and some treats.  

Was everything still in your package??  I'm kind of worried about the package I just sent today with the shoes :(

Jackson:  Don't worry about it. It'll get here. Don't fret :)

Mom:  So what did you get in the package today since it sat in the San Salvador post office from April 11 to April 21??

Jackson:  Candy, shirts and the temple.

Mom:  Oh yeah-- I'm feeling a little jipped.  You keep sending packages and letters to your friends and we get zip.  What's up with that? ;)

Jackson:  Oh my only one I sent to Macey for her birthday.... Sorry.. I'll write more letters...

Mom:  It's all good.  She was pretty excited about it.  
So how's everything else going??  Transfers?

Jackson:  We don't know the changes yet......... I'm so mad!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom:  I don't know if you are out of time or not, but Keep your chin up-- think about all the things you want to talk about on Mother's Day, work hard, listen to the spirit and act on the promptings you are given.  Remember we love you and pray for you always.  Love you Bud!    
Have a great week-- have Alejandro facebook message me if you are moving somewhere new.

Love 
Mom


Jackson:  Gotcha :) Love you mom 
I am staying here but I am gonna get a new comp

Mom:  that's great!  I'm sure you're happy about that.

Jackson:  A little sad

Mom:  How come?  I thought you liked the people there and you just wanted a new companion?

Jackson:  Ya it;s true hey gotta go love you :)

Voice Recording: Well, the last week of the change went past.  We had some fun in this change I guess.  HaHa-- no, no, we had some good times.  We had some fun times, we had some bad times.
So this week, we had some ups and downs really.  This week we got to visit a few people.  And it was alright.   We had interchanges 2 times this week.   The first time was with the Zone leaders.  Wow, I feel like they don't do anything in their area, because when I'm with them, we don't teach anyone I feel like.  But Hey, it's whatever, they're zone leaders and they do whatever they want right?!  But who cares.  The 2nd time I was with Elder S??  and we had some fun really, we worked hard, got some new people, got some lessons in.  It was fun.  It was a fun day. Then the bad news started.  We went to find Sabrina Thursday night, So we went to go teach her, We talked to her the days before, you know hey what's up, are you reading, okay, have a good day.    So Thursday rolls around and we waited a little bit later, so everyone was there, like Alex, her mom, her sister, everybody, you know.  And we got there and we're like hey Alex, what's up, how are you?  Hrma Gloria, How are you?  And she was , oh, I'm alright,  Alright, cool.  And we're like,  Hey is Sabrina here?  and She got all teary eyed.  And said no, she isn't coming back today.  And the 3 of us, Alejandro, my comp and me, thought, man, she left.  She went looking for the boyfriend in the states again.  We all thought it.  We're like oh crap.  We thought she just packed up and went away.
So in the lesson, we were going to tell her that everything's going to be ok and we shared about Captain Moroni with the boys with Alex and Elmer and how they can be strong men.  And after we shared D&C 121 peace unto your soul.  And then Alejandro was like, we don't know what happened, we don't know if Sabrina left.  Or if she left and you guys fought or something like that?   And then the Mom's like no, no, no.   She didn't fight or anything, she's having surgery.  and we're like oh no!  I guess she had like a urinary infection or something like that that she had to have surgery on.   And wow!  We gave her a blessing and everything- the mom-  It was really cool.  Then Saturday we showed up and she was in a portable bed type of thing.  A Latin one because like it's not that nice, but it works.  She's hurting pretty bad.  But it will all be ok.
Also, Hrma Isabell, she's a really good investigator, She called us to come visit her and everything.  And she's drinking coffee- OH MY GOSH, I HATE COFFEE!!!-- I hate it!
the Mom of Jefferson, she's a member, she bought my comp a cake for his birthday and this and that.  Wow, she's snaking on my comp.  It's ridiculous.  She's crazy, she's, like 40 something years old.  She's snaking my comp because he wears clothes of old men.  We say ropa de mitro.  Everybody laughs because it's hilarious.
We still don't know if we are having changes or not.  It's Sunday night, but we still don't know about the changes.  I think I'm leaving, but who knows because yeah who knows.  I'm going to get my last shot this week.  I'm really happy for that.  SO we'll see how it goes.  And I'm sure I'll let you know before I write.  See ya!  Love Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment