Tuesday, May 23, 2017

May 15, 2017 Happy Mother's Day!






Well,  It was great to be able to talk to you yesterday.  You look like you are loving the mission.  There will always be things that happen that aren't great, but your attitude will make the difference.  
I'm glad that you like your new companion.  That is definitely helpful to a successful experience, but you can learn a lot of things about yourself if you don't necessarily fit with a companion as well.
It was a bummer that Macey didn't make it in time, but it's all good.  Landen and Easton we glad to be there are talk to you for a minute.  They stayed and played games with Taylor and Kayla and then ball in the yard with Carson for hours after we finished talking to you.  
Dad and I stayed at Grandma's for a little while and watched Last Man Standing.  That show is hilarious.  We went home around 7 and dad got some meat ready to smoke for Gary.  He is doing that today.  I guess the guy that was supposed to take care of all the food for some Search and Rescue training weekend backed out at the last minute and they are scrambling to get everything put together.  
So Carson and Kourtney sang in Sacrament meeting yesterday and I missed it because I was SOOO sick yesterday morning.  I still don't feel great, but it will pass eventually I guess.  Sometimes being a girl really SUCKS!!  
Anyway-- He recorded it for me.  They sounded pretty good.  If the file will send, I will send it to you.  
Last week was busy as usual, but seriously, not even close to as busy as we were when all 3 of you were at home.  I swear I get less done though.  The house does seem to be quite a bit cleaner for the most part though.  Definitely easier to keep up with, even though Carson is messier than you were and that's saying a lot because you were a complete slob.  Taylor too.  It makes me crazy!!
Carson didn't have practice Monday, but had football camp after school all week til 5:15.  Tues. He went to football and we picked him up from there and went straight to his game in Providence he was so wiped out by the end of the game.  Wed. he had practice and missed the Young Men's service Project.  Thurs.  He didn't go to Football because it was the scrimmage and it started at 5 and he had to be in Providence at 6 for his baseball game. We also had tickets for the Bees game in the booth that night.  So I took Carson to his game and Dad went to the Bees game with Gary and Kelsey and the Noordas.  He said it was a great game and the weather was good.  
Friday I picked Carson up from Football about 5 and we didn't do ANYTHING!!  It was nice. I didn't even feel guilty.  The wind was blowing super hard so I didn't want to plant my plants because I figured they would all be broken off before morning.  The power went out around 10, so we just went to bed.  Which wasn't a bad idea since we had to leave at 8 for Saturday games.  
Carson had the 10 and 6 game, so it made for a long day.  We got done with the first game around noon and got Carson some lunch and then took him and Drew up to Jaxon's house to hangout for the day.  Then Dad and I went to lunch.  We tried out the HuHot.  It wasn't too bad.  Then we went to Shopko and got Carson a long sleeve dri-fit shirt and a sweatshirt since he didn't listen to me when I said it was going to be cold and didn't bring anything warm.  Then we went to Sam's for a bit and went back to the park and visited with Kim and Brian and Sue and Mike and watched the Bee's play for a bit.  Then we went and picked Carson and Drew up so they could get warmed up for their game.  
They won their games on Thurs and Sat. They played pretty good. They are all definitely getting better.  I just wish there was a way to make them have confidence in themselves, because that's what they're missing.  They aren't superstars but they are good they just can't see that.  It's amazing how life can knock you down and a lot of people can't come back from it.  
Anyway-- What is going on for this week for you?  Are you doing anything fun for Pday today? 
Good plans for this week?  I forgot to ask what you wanted for your Birthday-- I want to send it this week since it seems like the packages are taking forever to get to you.  
Did you get your one with the shoes yet?

Have a good week.  Keep working hard.

Love you
Mom

This week I talked to the fam!!! It was great. I don't have very much to say but this week was a week full of hard work and it definitely paid off. We contacted 101 people. Which is share a principle of the gospel and try and get in the house. We then had 33 new investigators. We don't mess around. We get into the houses where there are men ;) but this week has been awesome with my comp. We are learning a ton. Especially from president. He taught me in my interview that when I ask something in my pray I'll get it. Because I was wondering how to have more investigators. I've been asking for people to teach. And I have been getting people to teach. So I need to ask for people who are ready to be baptized. I was really stunned. Something so simple that I teach everyday I wasn't doing. But My president is the best in the world so I can always count on him to help me see the way that I'm struggling. I also am just in love with the mission. Maybe not the heat... It is like 98 everyday and We just want it to rain. In this week we are going to work hard to set baptismal dates with everyone of the 33 that we found. We know that it wont happen but we will get as many as possible. Well that would be my crazy week!!! I hope you have a great one!!! Love you :)

Mom:
I see that you're on but my email isn't working for some reason and won't download the message right now.  How's your day going?

Jackson:  It is good. I mean we have done anything because our district leader doesn't ever want to do anything with us...

Mom:  Why do you need the district leader to do stuff?

Jackson:  We don't but he says we are going to do something then tells us oh no they didn't say anything so do what you want and half our P-Day is gone and we still have to buy and eat a few things.

Mom:   I see how it is. You talked to me yesterday so today you can write to al your friends😕

Jackson:  I'm writing to you? Only dad and you are writing me...?

Mom:  Still need to know what you want me to send for your birthday.

Jackson:  Ties. That are cool... And maybe some beef jerky. Teriyaki but candy and what you guys think I feel like I don't need anything. But send me mountain dew... at least one bottle...

Mom:  You said you aren't supposed to drink it. You are already going to push the red suit thing. Are you sure??  Are your suits going to be done before the next transfer day?

Jackson:  Yes and I asked President he said if we get packages yes

Mom:  Ok. Did you get the package with the shoes?

Jackson:  No, but I'll ask today.

Mom:  I just tracked the package and it says it was delivered Fri. 5/12 at 329pm.

Jackson:  I'll ask then.

Mom:  It is still ticking me off that it went from San Salvador to San Jose Costa Rica-- that took 4 extra days.  :(  I guess at least it came back.  Hopefully with everything still in it.    What kind of Candy are you thinking?  I know it's all good, but What are you really missing?

Jackson:  I don't know. But just think.. Just send mountain dew one for me and my comp.

Mom:  Just think!  Really--- that's what you're giving me??  ok- You get what you get then!
Did you get Oreos and stuff in the last package?  You never tell me if you get them or if you like anything that I send.  

Jackson:  I love everything that I get. I don't know what I need

Mom:  I'm guessing you are almost out of time.  Work hard, Love you!!  So glad we got to see you yesterday!  Just think, almost 1/2 way done, so make sure you are working hard on your mission goals now.

Love
Mom

Jackson:  You know it I love you mommy!!!! I'll have Alejandro send a message to you when I get my package. But write him in Spanish please.. He doesn't understand English. Love you mom!!

Mom:  I figure he can use google translate :)

Jackson:  No you can.

Mom:  Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment