Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Oct 16, 2017


Since I didn't get my letter written yesterday, you'll probably write early. I just couldn't get motivated to get it done.
We had a scout meeting after church and dinner and then we had a court of honor at 630. So not much relaxing going onπŸ˜•. Dad and Carson and Kevin and all the boys (Hudson and Rhett too) played football in the yard for a while after dinner and then Boyd and Carson went to the park and did some hitting and field drills.  And then we went to the court of honor.
Last week was kind of a lazy week for me. I was taking it easy and letting my shoulder heal up again. It looks pretty good and isn't too bad for movement. I'm not back to where I was before the surgery as far as range of motion, but pain wise it's about what It was then. So I guess it's doing good. I go back to the dr on wed morning and hopefully I won't have to go back too many more times.
Aaron is replacing his roof right now. Don't you wish you were here to help?πŸ˜‚. His isn't as big as ours and it's not the hottest week of the year so that's a bonus.
So how was your week?  This week is transfers right?  Are you staying or going?  Either way is good. You are finding people, you just need to be patient. Becoming a member of the church is a process and Some people just process things different. Change isn't easy even if we know it's the right thing to do. And that it would be a great thing for our life.
And habits are super hard to change, we may not even like what you're doing and want to change but it's a habit. I think bad habits are harder to change than making a good one.
Anyway. I guess not much to say this week.
Love you
Mom

Hey guys!!!! This week I will be 100% honest... It was soooooo LONG!!! I have no idea why... Well, yes I do it is because there are changes this week! I knew that I had changes since Wednesday. Because I am going to be adopting! Hahaha I am going to end a training. I am not going to be a complete dad so I guess that I will be adopting. This week was full of many things from fun to getting matched by President for my comp... But what it is. You just have to keep going. So this week on Tuesday we did something different. It was )according to my comp. who was in the meeting with the stake President= what the Stake President wanted us to do was leaving in the morning and study at night. I didn{t like it. I felt like the day was never going to end and that MEN )the most important thing to get into a house= Were all working. So it was a little bit difficult for me to do it. Oh and the reason why we were supposedly told to do this was because we are trying to open a branch in Chapeltique. It is where we live along with many other members. It is 30 minutes away from the church building in Moncagua in a bus and like 20 in car. So we are trying to open that up to help the ward grow. Anyways, the next day was a district meeting so we left like normal, after lunch. Then that night they called me and told me I had to go to the trainers meeting the next day. We went at 5 am to go to San Salvador. We got there they started teaching and then they asked a few questions and I was going to be 100% honest with them, so they asked who had been studying the first 12 weeks. There were many who were in their training so they obviously raised their hands but my coomp and I aren{t doing it so we didn{t raise ours. Then they asked my comp why we didn{t study it. He goes on to be an idiot and says ooh it{s because we leave in the morning and study at night. Then President kinda lost it. I was like oh no.... The thing was that we only did it one day but my comp made it sound like we had been doing it for months! After President gave us a good ripping they went on with the meeting until it got over. Normal training meeting. So we came back to Moncagua and worked some more. Now Friday, I have no clue why but we had interchanges AGAIN... I was like dude it is the last week of the change why are you doing interchanges___ He said that the zone leaders asked him to do them so he did them. Once again I went with the Gringo Elder Ledesma. He really isn{t that bad of a guy like everyone thinks he is, you just have to get him to open up. If you get him talking he{ll be your friend. Like he is my friend now. So what was cool about the interchanges was that we ate dinner with a family that 3 of the kids are deaf mute people. But it was so cool how the whole freaking family can communicate with each other so well. I even picked up a few signs. It was really dope. I would love to learn how to speak sign language but that stuff is a TON of practice and studying. Now along came Saturday. We finished the interchanges and my comp )because he stayed in the area= was supposed to plan for the day. However, after lunch he goes [Where are we going_[ I was like WHAT_ Did you not plan_ He was like no not really. So I was a little ticked off. So I told him it was your responsibility to plan so you will tell me where we are going today. But then he did the biggest girl move that made me livid. He goes ok. Hey will you call Hector )a member= so we can go to visit Selena_ I replied uh no_ You have the phone don{t you_ Just call him. Then the baby starts to whine no just call him. It is your turn I had the phone yesterday. I lost it. I sharply said Elder it is a phone call. Are you scared he{ll say no_ And it just so happens that whenever you want to call someone it is ALWAYS my turn but when I ask you to call someone you always say well you want to call him here is the phone. WOW I honestly lost my cool in that moment. I called the member and he didn{t answer. So we went to work and did the norm. Look for investigators that we have and look for new investigators. But yes I am really struggling with this comp but I am just trying to always be more patient with him as the Lord is with me. But you all know how patient I am.... So ya that is what is going on but I at least already know that he isn{t going to be my companion so I am pretty happy about that. Like wow I really don{t like Mexicans but that is just how it is. You have to learn to LOVE not LIKE EVERYONE so that includes whites, blacks, latinos, Chinese, and even the MEXICANS.... Hahaha no I try to love everyone it is I love everyone in different ways. Some I love because I love them, some I would love to talk to them, other love to teach them and other I would just love to smack {em in the mouth! Hahaha I hope you guys had a great week Love you all!!!!!

Elder Lancaster     


No comments:

Post a Comment