Monday, October 23, 2017

October 9, 2017 Familia y cheros







Wow. Another month gone. Only 8 fast Sunday's left Til you come home. It's crazy to even think about. Time goes by slow and fast at the same time. I hope that you are accomplishing the goals that you have set, because your time in the mission will be over before you know it.
How was your week?  Any new experiences to share?  I saw a picture that was posted with you and Ledenia'S mom. It's kind of amazing how small the world is.   
Did you get your backpack and keyboard?  Dad thought it looked like you were wearing the new backpack.
How's the area?  I've lost track, when are next transfers?
It's crazy how fast the time ongoing. It's almost Halloween and then Christmas will be over. I'm so not ready for it to be cold. The drivers said it was snowing in Montana last week. Not cool. There has been snow on our mountains here too.
Well last week was pretty uneventful for the most part. Monday and Tuesday were just normal. Wed dad had a wcf advisory board meeting in SLC in the morning. I went to the hospital to have my surgery at 11. Grandma dropped me off. Dad was there to pick me up when I got done. I wasn't feeling great, but I had my ice machine and power to plug it in and some Tylenol and ibuprofen so I got in the car and we headed to Morgan for Carson's football game. I figured I could sit it the car there as easily as I could sit in the chair at home.  I didn't see much of the game because I didn't feel good and my eyes were closed most of the time. But it was better than sitting at home by myself.
Thursday I was hurting and pretty tired. I went to the office for about an hour. Mostly to have dad help me put the ice machine pad on my shoulder so I could get the ice machine going.
Friday I went to the office for 1/2 the day. I was way tired when I got home and just got in bed. We missed a missionary dinner thing and a friend of ours mom passed away and we missed her viewing too. Dad didn't want to go by himself and I just wasn't up to it.
Saturday Carson played ball in the afternoon, so we took it easy and slept in and went to Hyrum around noon.
Yesterday I slept in again and relaxed. This morning I obviously didn't sleep in but I'd like to still be sleeping. Dad took Carson to school and I'm thinking about getting up and in the shower. It's the first day I am supposed to take a real shower. I don't think I have to keep the incision dry any more so I can just get in. What a pain!
That was pretty much our exciting week.
Love you
Mom
So this week was really fast and actually pretty normal for me. We didnt do much. We found a ton of people like normal. But who knows why no one wants to be baptized. We are really struggling in that aspect of the work. However we are working hard. I have been sick a little bit for the food and all. I am still wondering when my body will adapt or maybe I just have adapted to what my body does now... Hope not... But to help me in the work I have decided to do something. Well It is straight revelation. I feel like we as missionaries focus too much on Joseph Smith and how he restored the church. But our main purpose as missionaries Preach my Gospel explains that we are supposed to INVITE OTHERS TO COME UNTO CHRIST. Not to the church that has been restored. It is to Invite them unto Christ. The church just helps us come unto Him yes but if they dont feel the love of Christ in their lives they will not want to change. So from now on I will be teaching the Atonement of Christ more than anything. I love this gospel and my Savior. ANd you guys. Have a great week.

Voice recording:
Well we had another week go by, week 5 of the change.  So we are ending up the change this week.  We had an alright week, we had a lot of new people again, 21, but the thing is we just can’t find a person that wants to get baptized.  It’s really hard, like you can find 300 people in 3 weeks, but I mean it’s just, it’s honestly ridiculous how these people don’t wanna do anything.  Nah, go to church?  Are you kidding me?  I don’t want to move, I don’t wanna get myself up from this hammock on Sunday morning, are you kidding me?  Just stuff like that, and it’s really frustrating.  And all the people that go to church are like, no I don’t want to be baptized.  We’re like what the heck?     They’re like straight members, all they need to do is be baptized.  And they’ll be actual members and there won’t be any difference, like I don’t understand.  People are scared and I’m getting frustrated with them, but I mean, it’ll be alright, we’ll get them.  We’re gonna get somebody this month, that’s our hope. 
We had 6 people in church yesterday.  Only 4 are progressing, 2 of them are eternal investigators, 3 of them are eternal but we’re visiting 1 of them and she’s progressing, because she said she wasn’t going to go to church, and then she showed up.  We’re like alright, cool. 
This week we had interchanges.  I was with the Gringo.  He does not know how to speak Spanish, still.  He has 9 months and he still can’t speak Spanish, it’s ridiculous.  But, hey, you know.  He understands a lot, but not that much.  But anyways, I’ve been sick all week.  It’s just been an awesome (sarcastic) week. 
This week we were contacting a little bit, well, I was contacting in the other area during interchanges and I found a guy, that he was really, really good, like he was a really good guy.  But he was like no, I can’t learn, I’m way too old.  He looked like he was 63, I pinned him as 63, he was 81 years old.  I was like wow!  He was like no, I’m too old to learn.  All his family that lives in the states, they’re all members.  So I don’t know, I was like, you’ve got to visit this guy, you just gotta listen to him, you’ve got to understand why he really doesn’t think he can learn, what’s the big deal about it.  I feel like he can be baptized if they’ll just keep visiting him.  I felt the spirit with him a lot and I feel bad for this gringo, because he was only trying to get a lesson in.  I was just like no, don’t be like that,  in my mind I was like, we just need to listen to him, ask him a few questions and find out what it is.  What’s the deal?  We taught him a little bit and it was alright, but the other gringo just kept trying to push, push.  I was like, no, you can’t be pushing him, you’ve got to let him go.  I don’t know, I feel like the leaders are trying to, like they’re pushing us a lot right now.  Like I understand it’s their job to push us and push us, but when people don’t want to be baptized, they just don’t want to be baptized.  I mean it’s hard, we’re doing everything that we can, and letting them use their agency.  They obviously aren’t choosing very wisely, but I mean, that’s just how it is.  But one thing that we are trying to do right now is trying to find the people that want to be baptized.  We are trying to focus on people that have the attendances or have some attendances and I feel like we’ll be doing pretty good this next week.  We should, maybe we won’t get a baptism in this change, but maybe the next week like the 28th we can get a baptism.  We’re hoping on 2 girls that go to another ward but they live in our area so we can baptize them.  But, we’ll see how it goes.  Well, I mean, that was pretty much my week.  Just finding people, teaching people yeah.  Well, love you guys, have a great week.

Mom:  So what's up today?

Jackson:  Nothing. It sucks... I hate P-Days here we don't ever do anything...

Mom:  We'll plan something to go do in advance so you can do something fun on pday. 

Jackson:  We try and no one ever wants to do anything and everything you have to have permission I am so tired of it.

Mom:  Eh. Put a smile on and make the best of it.  What else is going on?  We saw a picture of you with the privado lady's mom. Is she in your ward or whatever now?

Jackson: No she is a stake leader that is coming to my ward because they changed the Primary presidency

Mom:  They said you speak good Spanish. I thought it was pretty cool. That you got to meet her. 

Jackson:  I see her almost every week hahaha but what it is. 

Mom:  I  guess you are out of time. 
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment