Monday, October 16, 2017

Sept. 25, 2017 'isms


Well, not much happened last week. After we wrote on Monday, dad went golfing on Tuesday with quality tire and I was at the office by myself. By noon my body ached everywhere and I was SICK. I felt a little better by Saturday but still coughing like a 40 year veteran smoker.
We went to the Weber state homecoming football game on Saturday and had our home teaching dinner on Sunday. That was pretty much it for me. I spent the rest of the week sleeping and coughing. My chest and stomach hurt so bad from coughing so much. Hopefully dad and Carson don't get it because it is nasty.
So we didn't do much studying but we did start last night and went over the first section. So we don't have anything to discuss yet.
How was your week?  Are things still on track with your baptismal dates and going well with your new contacts?
How good is the retention rate of the people when they get baptized?  Just curious is there is more reactivation that goes on because of so many people that get baptized but don't continue to come to church. It seems like that's what is going on in our ward. We used to fill the chapel and the overflow plus every Sunday and now there are most Sunday's that I wonder if we even fill the chapel. It's pretty sad. We have had a few families move away, but some good ones have moved in too. I don't know, it's Weird.
Well, have a great week, work hard. Love you
Mom

So this week was awesome!!!! We had the opportunity to baptize Lionel! Wow he is such a cool guy. He learned so much in 3 weeks! We honestly found a golden investigator. He just showed up to church and we started to teach him and then 3 weeks later we dunked him!!! Hahaha he had never been to a church before in his entire life!!!! Like wow!!! But he is just a great guy. Also this week we are still finding a lot of people. And wow we have a project going and if it all goes good in 2 weeks I'll tell you all what it is. I am so happy that I am going to have my 3rd general conference... Wow.. I am getting old. But anyways I love GC and I really hope that you guys go with a question to learn from the Lord's servants. Love you have a great week.

Mom: So how was your week?

Jackson: It has been great

Mom:  Good to hear. What did you do?  Anything fun for pday this week?

Jackson:  We are going to church. and we see if investigators go and stuff like that.

Mom:  That's pretty awesome. What are you doing in the font?

Jackson:  Filling up the Font!

Mom:  With a bowl??

Mom:  So what are your plans for conference?  Do you just go watch at the church? Or do the members watch at home like we do?

Jackson:  We are going to church. and we see if investigators go and stuff like that.

Mom:  Do you get to go to All the sessions?

Jackson:  Yes I get to go to all of them. Hey where is my package?

Mom:  looks like it is there but hasn't been delivered yet because they have to pay the charges.

Jackson;  So they will go get it don't worry about it.

Mom:  I wasn't worried about it.   Your last package -- the lady here at the post office definitely didn't do it right because I sent this one on 9/13 and it was there on 9/22 .  10 days-- it will take a while before you get it still probably, but i'm guessing not 2 1/2 months more. 
did you think any more on what you might want for Christmas?  I think I'm still going to try and get it sent mid october just to make sure you get it in time.  BUT  you can't open it til Christmas if you get it early.  You are probably almost out of time.  So learn lots, be good, have fun, work hard.  Love you!!

Jackson:  Sounds good :) Love you mommy. I want some sick ties. That are SKINNY!  But you think of the other stuff.

Voice Recording:
Well, we had another good week this week.  We actually had a really good week this week!  I did interchanges 2 times this week.  The first one was with Elder Santos, the district leader.  I thought he was a really weird guy to be honest at first, but he's a pretty cool guy.  Like, he's pretty legit.  He's a pretty good friend right now. 
So, we were going to have an activity in the ward, like a ward Family Home Evening, but it was ridiculous.  It started to rain-- NO ONE CAME!   Only the freaking Bishop and his family.  It's ridiculous, because, no one else does anything.  They are like, no it's late, no it's raining, they always have excuses.  No, there's not transportation- like anyone would drop them off; like anyone.  It's so ridiculous.  But anyway's, that doesn't matter. 
This week the thing we are trying to focus on is trying to get our people to progress.  We are finding a bunch of people that are really positive and everything, but we are trying to get them to progress.  We got a bunch of people to progress this week.  It was cool.  We also got 2 new people that came to church that were references of members.  We're just going to baptize them too, so it doesn't matter.  It's pretty dope, but.  Then Saturday was
pretty sweet.  Before Fri. I did interchanges with the zone leaders, don't know why, buts it's alright.  I did interchanges with them and Elder Martinez, I think he's the oldest one here, He's going to end his mission next change, he doesn't have a clue what he's doing in the lessons I feel like.  I was like WOW dude!  You have like zero control in your lessons man.   So , you know, it's just kind of frustrating when you're just sitting there because it's not your area or anything like that and you're trying to help them out but he just doesn't have a clue what he's trying to do or anything.  But, it was actually kind of fun, the interchanges.
Then, Saturday we had our baptism.  We baptized Lionel.  That was really AWESOME!  He is so good dude!  Like He is legit.  One of the coolest Kids, well, he's actually kind of weird, but he's a great guy.  He's kind of shy, but he's a really good guy once you get talking to him and everything.
This week we are going to have a meeting with the Stake President so we can start something really cool in 2 weeks, but I can't tell you guys until it happens, because if I say it's going to happen and it doesn't...you guys will be like that sucks, he talks big but it doesn't happen.  so, we'll see how it goes.  Love you guys.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment