Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Oct 22, 2017 Chosen ones and bee stings





It's hard to believe that another month has passed.  Christmas will be here before we know it.  The last football game for Carson is on Wed. and I think they start open gym type stuff today after school. CRAZY!  I'm not ready for winter and wrestling and all that business.  Football season has been pretty chill and I have loved it.  I haven't gotten anything done, partly because of my shoulder and party just because I haven't felt like it, but I have read a lot.  I guess that is coming quickly to an end, I'll have to ramp up and get some energy from somewhere :/
Carson is doing great in school so far, he has a few core classes this trimester, language arts, earth science and honors math. He's keeping up well, but I'm a little nervous for the next tri with wrestling because he doesn't have seminary and PE as a buffer, he adds German and something else that wasn't easy.  He will definitely need to keep his nose to the grind stone.  I'm not sure he's prepared for it.  He is also working on his NCSA recruiting profile for baseball and he's already had views from 4 universities.  It doesn't necessarily mean anything yet because he doesn't have any video or stats on his profile yet. 
This week we spent helping Aaron with his roof.  Monday Dad and Carson went after practice, Tues. Dad went around 3 til 530 when we went to Carson's game at Green Canyon (new school in Hyde Park), Wed. Dad went over around 11 and I took Carson after Practice.  Thurs Carson went around 10:30 and I took dad after work and picked up Carson so he could go to a thing with some friends.  And then I picked Carson up at 10:30pm and we went back over to help finish getting the paper on the roof because it was supposed to rain on Fri.  We got home about 2am.  We told Carson he could tell his friends he went to an all night party over fall break.  ;)
We worked on Fri and relaxed.  Then went over on Sat. morning til 5.  It's probably 1/3 shingled now, so a couple more evenings and it will be done.  He still has to finish his deck and the soffit and facia, so he still has a few things to finish up but nothing that is going to ruin his house.  
I went to the Dr on Wed for my final check on my shoulder.  I have almost full range of motion, so I don't have to go to Physical Therapy again, just do the exercises at home, so that's good.  I sent you a picture of the hardware that was on my shoulder.  Carson thought it was pretty gross.  It was kind of weird to actually see it and the drill scratch marks on the top of it where they were putting the screws in.  
How's the new companion and training?  Any thing new and exciting happen this week?  Any new baptismal dates?
Keep working hard and focused on the task at hand.  
Love you

Mom

Well fam and friends I am glad to start another change with another MEXICAN!!! I dont know how but I guess I will always be with latins. Haha dont know how to get a gringo comp yet... I am loving the heck out of my comp right now. He is kind of a nerd but he is a great guy. I really am not training him. He can ready to go. But he is a great missionary that wants to serve the Lord and give Him all that he has for 2 years. His name is Elder Olivas. He is really funny and we joke around all the time. But this week I would have to say that there were 2 highlights. 1 we found a chosen one of the Lord. Her  name is Yesenia. She is 25 years old. You could tell that she had been separated from her husband well boyfriend. Here they never are married. So we were contacting and we just happened to knock on her door and she let us in. She had a member friend but she headed to the states just like everyone else in this flipping country... But anyways we taught her lesson 1 and she said that she is going to read the Book of Mormon and everything to find out if Jesus Christ came to the Americas. We invited her to be baptized the 25th of November and she accepted so we will be working with her for a bit. The 2 highlight or you could say great experience, was I was drink a bag with water and a bee or wasp just happened to land on the bag and I went to drink it and the wasp or bee stung me on the inside of my lip. In that moment we got in a house to teach. We taught like a 10 min lesson and left. But that time half my face was numb and my lip was pretty big. So we went to a members house that was close and he called the mission doc. and the mission doc told me to go to the emergency room in the nicest hospital in San Miguel. I was like fine. So we got there my whole face was numb but only the side that it stung me was swollen, but it was enormous like an elephants ears... So when we got to the hospital they took me to a room and the they came in and gave me 3 shots. One was like 100ml of fluid... They couldnt do it just in my arm so they had to but it in like an IV but just with the injection. There was so much liquid because my vein filled up and they had to jab another whole in me.. What??? I was like you filled me up with so much liquid... But It was really strong so the nurse let me sleep for like 30 mins because the real doctor said I couldnt go yet because there were a few things why I couldnt go, SO ya that was pretty much my week. Also this week we went to a ton of less actives inviting them to the Movie Night activity. So we got visiting and we started to rip on these less actives a little bit. We were with a member too so he helped us out. But the best one was when we went to a house and literally asked why they are inactive. They went on to say fro the members and everything so I started to give them a good ole machete. Then the member starts in. And then the less active started to justify herself. But here comes the best part, my comp interrupts all 3 of us talking by saying "Sister, you need to repent." We were like woah!!! The new kid on the block is the Big Man on Campus now. It was really awesome to hear him just come out and give it to her hard core. But Sorry kinda boring the week but that is what happened this week. I would be proud to have dope pics of El Salvador, but there isnt anything that cool to take pics... Sad... But ya I hope you all had a great week. Love you guys.
Elder Lancaster

No comments:

Post a Comment