Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Feb. 6, 2017

Fast and testimony meeting today. Bishop shared his testimony and talked a little bit about how blessed we are to be members of the church at this time and that today all around the world 16 million people are sharing testimonies and fasting and praying for help for others or themselves. It's a pretty awesome thing to think about.
We started Carson's eagle project yesterday. They got most of the boards cut and painted. So we just need to put them together and get some plate steel and get it cut and welded to the pipe that is the pedestal for the nest. So hopefully we will be able to get them completed in time.
Carson is supposed to play in a president's day tournament so we only really have next Sat. to work on them.
We had a few people come out to help so it didn't take very long to get done what we did. Wayne and Brandon Bailey, Kale Bingham, Kelsey, the missionaries, Elder Clifford from Colorado and Elder il? From Tonga. It was pretty fun. The missionaries jumped in and got right to it. Dad asked the Elder from Tonga how he was liking his mission so far. And he said he wasn't. 😳. I said way to be honest 😂. He's been out 13 months. I think he is freezing to death and they get to be out in it every day. They are supposed to be doing service from 10-2 everyday. So I'm guessing that they have shoveled a ton of snow in the last 6 weeks.
We went to watch the super bowl at the bakers. It was really nice to just go. We didn't cook a ton of stuff or have to clean or have to put away tables and chairs. It was awesome. We took queso and black bean and avacado salsa and chips. So not bad at all. We came home from church and relaxed for 3 hours and then went to their house. Good food, good company, not a great game and the commercials kind of stunk. But still a good time. Right now 4th qtr 10 min left Falcons 28 patriots 12. The patriots must have gone on a bender last night. They are playing like crap.
Ryan said that he watched the Super Bowl when he was on his mission. Did you get to?
Alejandro posted a picture of you and him and looked like another set of missionaries yesterday.
It looked like you were all trying to look cool. 😂😂. We noticed there is another white boy missionary there. I'm assuming it was your district.
So how was your week?  Are you getting transferred or staying? New comp?  You know, it's hard to believe that you have been out 6 months. But at the same time it seems like the time is dragging. I know it doesn't make any sense. But it is what it is.
Anything fun and exciting happen this week?  Did your baptisms happen?
Let us know what's going on with you.
Love
Mom

Jackson:  Hey i'm going to write a letter to you but just to let you know that I-m on

Mom:  I keep wondering if you actually read our letters.  Do you print them out and read them later or do read them during your hour? 

Jackson:  I read them first! 

So this week was great. We found a bunch of new people and we even baptized Elmer. He is the same age as Carson. He is the brother of Sabrina. We were teaching her and Alejandro said why dont you invite him to the lessons. So we did and it turns out that he was the first one to be baptized! He came to church every Sunday and has a ton of friends. I'm really proud of him because in 2 weeks he is going to get the Priesthood. Next I've just been doing the normal. I am staying in Quezaltepeque and with Elder De Los Santos another change. I'm having a killer time here in El Salvador. I hope everything is good in Utah and the States. Go TRUMP I love you!
Elder Lancaster
Mom:  so what fun plans do you have for p-day today?

Jackson:  Mom P-day ends at 6. (It's 5:45pm- I guess I should know that. ??)

Mom:  OK- so what fun things did you do for p-day today?

Jackson:  We bought scripture cases that are sweet but I don't have a picture of them. Next week and bought food and nothing else. We haven't had any changes. I think we are going to have them tomorrow though.

Mom:  But you aren't being transferred? or you don't know yet?  
I sent the tracking info for your package if that helps you to let Alejandro go pick it up.  It is addressed to you at the Mission address though.

Jackson:  I am staying here with Elder De Los Santos. Thank you mommy :) and an elder wants chums for his glasses can you send me some when you send another package?

Mom:  (Talking about his package I sent a few weeks ago)  I don't know what all that means.  But I think it means it's still got to clear customs.

Jackson:  Okay just talk to Alejandro

Mom:  Dude- I don't speak Spanish, and I'm afraid he won't understand what I'm talking about.  don't you see him every day?

Jackson:  Yes and he is mad that you don't talk to him

Mom: I don't know what to say to him.  What would I talk to him about?

Jackson:  Just talk to him how am I everything like that or if you want to know something.

Mom:  Yeah, that's super easy because I totally can talk to some random person about whatever :/
(I totally can-- Just not in Spanish :))
Jackson:  Mom just say Alejandro como estas? Como esta mi hijo? El es obediente o no? Si no le pegas por favor.

Mom:  I don't know what the last sentence says
 
Jackson:  If not hit him.

Mom:  Yeah that would be a great thing to say.  Then he would think I am mean or something.  So is your comp being transferred?

Jackson:  No mom we are staying together .

Mom:  I guess you are out of time.  Have a great week!  Remember we love you.  Work hard!!

Jackson:  Love you mommy!!!!

Voice recording: Well, esta semana, haha--this week was really good.  We found some nuevo -new investigators. We really had a fun week.  It was kind of slow because it was the last week of the change and we're anxious to see who has changes.  We're gonna find out tonight, it's pretty cool to find out tonight, but little scared, little scared.  
We baptized Elmer finally. I put a date with Sabrina this week also.  Put a date that she's gonna be baptized Feb. 25th 2017 when Taylor's 22.  That'd be really cool.  That'll be my 6th baptism.  I'll be so happy when she gets baptized because she's just a pain.  No, She's not a pain, but she's super difficult because she's " I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.  What do you know?  You know?  I get a little upset with these people because we're telling you the truth, we know it's true.  It's so hard for me because they're not understanding and I get mad when they don't understand me.  Well, they understand my Spanish, but I get made when they don't understand the principle that we're talking about or something like that.  It's just difficult, but you know- we're all good.  I hope we have changes.  I can't stand my companion, Like I can, but some days I just want to punch him in the face. He's like oh, you remind me of this and I was like why - oh don't worry about it.  And I'm like Oh- ok Thanks.  He'll just do something super stupid and it will bug the freak out of me.  I hope he leave and it will be better, well maybe.  Or I'll just be more pissed because some idiot came.  but I like changes.  I like a new companion every change. It's the best because you one have 6 weeks with an idiot.  6 weeks somebody.  but like if you get a companion that you really like. Like Elder Perez and me- well
Elder Perez from Belize because the other one sucked.  But him I could've stayed 2-3 changes with him.  He was super good.  OH- I'm a good tie trader.  I traded 1 good tie for 3.  So, that's how I do it. 
Yeah-- I'm just killing it here in El Salvador.   It's pretty sweet.  I'm dying of heat still.  I'm like when is it going to be cold, but it never gets cold, it just gets hotter.  It's horrible.
But yeah, it's cool. Well, Love you guys.  That was my week and I'll see you later.  Love you!

It's is great to hear him and know that he is happy, even though he says he wanted a change he's still happy and really no matter how much you like someone they still do stuff that will bug you or make you mad, so I'm not too worried about it.  He is loving the area he is in and the members seem to be very supportive and helpful to the missionaries.  Alejandro is definitely a great friend to Jackson as a ward mission leader, I am really glad that he has been able to be there to take care of Jackson for us.  


 Elmer's baptism day


No comments:

Post a Comment