Monday, February 13, 2017

January 30, 2017

Today is stake conference. So far we've listened to the choir (holy cow -- they were terrible 😳), president ferry,-- he talked about how the Lord knows each of us personally and can call us by name just as he did when he came to Joseph smith. Emily Vincent, one of the crane boys and a Jones girl they each share their testimonies. Emily shared her testimony of her service as a temple ordinance worker for the last 3 months. She is leaving on her mission in 1 1/2 weeks. Not sure where she is going.
The Logan mission president and his wife also shared their testimonies. The president shared a comment he had heard from a young woman that had some struggles in her life and as he interviewed and shared the gospel message with her she asked thro go her tears- "why didn't anyone tell me about this gospel before?  I'm sure there were people in my high school that were members of the church, why didn't they share this sweet message with me?"  I'm so proud of you that you are out there sharing the gospel message make sure to seek out those that are prepared, but also share with those that might not be ready yet but just a taste today could spark something later in their lives and bring them in.
The temple president Stuart and his wife also spoke. She spoke about attending the temple and how important it is in all our lives.
Resolve to do something
The 70 representative spoke also. He spoke about sustaining our leaders. He said that the church isn't perfect because the decisions that are made by our leaders are perfect. It is the sustaining vote of the members that the lord makes the decisions the rest get decisions.
Different ways to know God.
Head knowledge-- we need it but it is not enough
Heart knowledge goes beyond information it is more feelings. It is not less real. It is more real.
Ok if I ever get back to the office and get your package out to the post office I will send it today. I was going to send it to Alejandro but if you get transferred next week you may not get it. So I'm just sending it to he mission office. It has some Valentine treats and a journal and your glasses and picture for Alejandro. I still haven't gotten the bigger one so if it ever comes I'll send it directly to him.
The weeks am have been pretty tiring with the weather but spring is coming someday right?  It just seems like problem after problem. Nothing really major just enough to keep us discouraged And exhausted. Thursday night we got in bed early-like 945- I was asleep pretty quick and my Phone  rang at 1015. Then I just got back to sleep and it rang again with more problems. I got the last call at 1245 and by that time I was wound up and couldn't go back to sleep for over an hour and was exhausted at work on Friday. It's awesome!!
Carson had 2 late start days last week because of he weather which makes 4 snow days this year. It's crazy. They closed sardine canyon on Monday it was so bad. Dad and Carson were trying to get to Logan for Carson's baseball practice and it was coming down like no other.
They made it to the summit and turned around and came home. Come to find out that the canyon was actually closed. Carson asked if they were the only ones out on the road. And they were but they weren't supposed to be.
Carson had wrestling practice and state on Saturday. He wrestled tough and had a couple close matches. He lost the first one 2-1 and won the 2nd match the lost the 3 one in overtime. So he was pretty upset about that. He said he isn't wrestling anymore because he sucks. So I guess we'll see what next year brings. He really has wrestled well this year. But he's really been done since the first of the year. The Christmas break kills him. And he's been battling a nasty flu for 2 weeks that hasn't helped him at all.
He is excited to start Baseball though. Hopefully this year will be a good experience for him.
What have you been up to this week?  Any new contacts or fun experiences that you have had his week?
I was thinking the other day about the quote something like 'see the hand of God in your life'. You should use that as a journal entry each day of what you did that day and how the hand of the Lord was part of your day. Just a suggestion that was made in a talk by Pres. Eyeing a couple years ago.
Hope you have a great week.
Love you.
Love
Mom
Well mas que nada we didn't have a lot of lesson and we didn't find a lot of people but we really worked super hard. We had a lesson well learned a great lesson of diligence. I am super grateful for our hard work and for the blessings that we have received for being diligent. We had many times that we could have just said ya we don't want to work but then we worked even harder. Like I said we are blessed. Blessings come from obedience. We defiantly were this week and we were blessed because with our few lessons and few new investigators we brought 4 to church and 2 are going to be baptized this week. We talked about all their fears and we really helped them out. Something sad happened today... The person in the photo in the middle left for Canada today. I'm super happy for him. He is from El Salvador and was in my District and is super chivo. I got glasses because the sun and dirt is making me blind and ya that is it!!! I love you muchisimo!!!!
Elder Lancaster

Mom:  I just dropped your package at the Post office.  I don't know if she got it out in today's mail or if it will go out in the morning, but it's sent and since you got some glasses already it isn't a rush.  You just need it by Valentine's day.  I sent a bag for your companion in there and the Brigham temple picture for Alejandro.  The bigger one that I ordered hasn't come yet so I will just send it separate straight to him if it ever comes.

Jackson:  It is true. But if I stay send the code to Alejandro so he can go get it. Hey can I clean my glasses with windex or do I need to buy special spray from the optica

Mom:  I sent it to the Mission address because I didn't want you to get transferred before it comes and then you not have your package.  and tranfers will be next week.

Jackson: People can go pick up our stuff if they know them and they know him. Send him the code and I have the cloth that came with the glasses. So I can use windex?

Mom:  Why is he going to Canada?

Jackson:  That is his mission. He was waiting for a visa

Mom:  oh-- that's cool, what mission is he going to?

Jackson:  Edmonton

Mom:  yes you can use windex.  How is your companion?  Are you getting along?

Jackson:  We are fine but I want changes not because he is bad just I want someone else now...

Mom:  A little fickle are you?  So how long has he been out?  I'm guessing you want to stay in the area though, right.

Jackson:  He was in the MTC with me. What is fickle? and ya I don't want to move ever...

Mom:  Well- I'm guessing that you will stay in that area at least one more transfer, but I'm sure you won't get the wish of not moving ever.  Fickle: likely to change, especially due to  irresolution, or instability; casually changeable

Jackson:  We all are like that. We freaking change something every 6 weeks

Mom:  True-- so how long has your companion been out?   It's good to hear that you are working hard.  Just remember that your success isn't measured by the number of baptisms you have (even though they are telling you that now).  Your job is to bring the gospel to the world.  That can be by teaching and baptizing; but it can also be by the example you set as you walk down the street with your suit and missionary badge with a smile on your face showing people that the gospel makes you happy- without ever uttering a word.  You touch more people's lives each day than you will ever realize - it could be good or it could be bad. :)

Jackson: Almost 6 months. We know we discussed this as a companionship

Mom:  Looks like you are almost out of time.  Work hard.  Listen to the promptings of the Spirit.
 
Love you
Mom







No comments:

Post a Comment