Monday, February 13, 2017

January 23, 2017

I accidentally pushed send on the start of my letter yesterday, but never got back to finish it.  Anyway-- it was a good meeting.  Bishop talked about all of us being able to do hard things and some of the things he has learned.  Our ward goal is to go to the Lord in Prayer more often and to make our prayers more meaningful and heartfelt and as we do we draw closer to him.
 
I went home after sacrament meeting to make sure Carson wasn't dying.  He has a nasty flu bug that makes your stomach hurt super bad.  He was sick Thurs and Fri and felt better Saturday so he went to the wrestling tournament, but by about 1 he was looking pretty green again. 
 
It has snowed again all week.  I have shoveled more snow this year than I think in my whole life.  You told dad you missed the snow.  -- You wouldn't be saying that if you were here!!  It snowed again last night and they moved school start time back 2 hours.  What a bunch of pansies!  But better than taking another snow day.  It's crazy.
 
Dad's aunt Annie passed away last week and her funeral was Saturday in Grantsville.  I didn't get to go because I was with Carson at wrestling.  But dad said it was a nice service.  The weather was snowy and crappy on Saturday too, so a bunch of people weren't able to make it to the funeral.  Kind of a bad deal.
 
I got your glasses on Saturday and will try to get it sent off by tomorrow.  I am waiting for Alejandro's temple picture to come.  They don't have any for sale at the distribution or at Deseret book or Seagull book so I had to order it through the distribution.  I did get him a print of a Chad Hawkins sketch to send.  You can give it to him from us for his Birthday.  I might even wrap it.  :) 
 
The guy finally came today and fixed the washer.  It's been broken since Christmas.  I have been dragging our laundry to Grandma's.  The good thing about that is she does it all for me.  She folds and everything. Even when I tell her she doesn't need to- that I'll be back to get it. 
What have you been up to this week? Did your baptisms happen?  Are you teaching anyone new?  Have you been doing any service projects? How big is the city you are in?  Do you still ride the bus for everything or do you do more walking?  
Sorry. This week has been pretty boring so not much to talk about.
Hopefully things are going good and you are working hard and happy. 
Love you
Love mom

Alright so this week we didn't do much just taught and worked normal. We baptized one of the people. She was super ready I know that for sure. Her name is Milena. She is 18 and her cousins are converts, recent converts. She lives in the same house as them and we started to teach her. We baptized her and she started to cry afterwards... The spirit was strong. We sang I feel my saviors love. The children's hymn as missionaries and I sang a solo in English. Anyways we had a great time with her. The only bad part is that our bishop sucks. He is a recent convert and young so he knows nothing about the church. So we called him and said hey we need you at the baptism and he said I'll send a counselor... He even messed up when he confirmed her... He didn't say receive the holy ghost... Man.. But whatever. The other 2 people said they weren't ready and don't know if Joseph Smith was a prophet but we are going to fix that her e pretty soon. Well that was our week!!!! Well my week ;) Love YOU!!!

Jackson:  Hey so like I bought glasses... And got an exam.. but my glasses wont be ready until Friday morning... So its all good right. I thought it was pretty cheap less than $100 for all of it. Send all of the stuff when you can.

Mom:  I told you it would be.  now I'm kind of pissed that I ordered 2 pairs of glasses that you probably won't ever use. 

Jackson:  You bought 2??? Why... Just send one and then keep one when I come home it will be fine. I love you mommy :)
I love you mommy :) so when are you going to send the package? 

Mom:  Hopefully Tomorrow.
 
I've got to go.  Taking Carson to Logan to Baseball Practice in the blizzard. 
 
Love you!  Have a great Week!!

Jackson:  Love you mommy!!! Give Alejandro the code and send cases for the glasses!!!

Mom:  So are you doing anything fun for p-day today?  Do you really not like your companion or are you just kidding?

Jackson:  Sometimes yes sometimes no... No we aren't going to do anything fun... It sucks...

Voice Recording--Alright, well, this week was just a normal week.  Didn't do much, we just taught lessons, found people to teach and did the norm you know.  The highlights of this week were Saturday and Sunday. Honestly that's all we did.  Saturday we got ready for our baptism and we got ready for our baptism of Milena.  It was so good that she actually started to cry after it was all done. So Yeah, yeah it was pretty good I'll have to say.  We did a musical special because my companion likes music but none of us do.  He made me sing in English, Solo.  I was kind of pissed.  He hates me and I Hate him too.  (In the background his companion is yelling Love you Dude!)  Anyway, Sunday wasn't too big of a highlight for me.  I was kind of sick in the stomach all day and wanted to throw up.  I'm still feeling the effects of it right now.  My companion got his Patriarchal Blessing, so he was pretty happy.  That was our week.  Sorry this is so short. But, we really don't do anything during the week, I can't really talk about much.  Anyway-- Adios!






No comments:

Post a Comment