Monday, February 13, 2017

January 16, 2017

How was your week?  Hopefully good things are happening and you are working hard.  I was laughing yesterday. Alejandro posted a picture on Facebook. - it looks like you have been giving him lessons on your uncle Rico pose😂.  So any new prospects this week?  Were you able to teach some good lessons?  Did you do or see anything fun on Pday last week?  How is the running going?
Are you doing any of the workouts I sent you?
I was reading through the thoughts from president Monsen this week, and all of them seem so fitting. At least I think so.
Jan 9 our responsibility to choose (2 Nephi 10:12). We have a right to choose; likewise we have the responsibility to choose. We cannot be neutral. There is no middle ground. The lord knows this; Lucifer knows this. So the Lord has prepared His road signs for our guidance. They read: Fear God, and keep his commandments. (Eccl. 12:13). Another ; Whatsoever Ye so, that shall Ye also reap. D&C 6:33.
Jan 10. Courage. Be strong and of good courage. Josh. 1:6
Courage is the word we need to hear and hold best our hearts-- courage to turn our backs on temptation, courage to lift up our voices in testimony to all whom we meet, remembering that everyone must have an opportunity to hear the message. It is not an easy thing for most to do this. But we can come to believe in the words of Paul to Timothy: For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and if a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord. 2 Timothy 1:7-8.
Jan. 12 doing our best.
Do not run faster or labor more than you have strength .. .  But be diligent unto the end. D&C 10:4
May we be persistent in those things which are good and noble. May we ever stay safely on the Lord's side of the line. May we be considerate, studious, responsive, to the whispering a of the Holy Spirit. May we be dedicated to the gospel of Jesus Christ. May we love one another and always look for the best in people. May we do our best in all that we do.
Jan 14. Lives that reflect gospel teachings. And Ye become followers of us, and of the lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost: so that Ye were ensamples to all that believe. 1 Thess. 1:6-7.
Most of those who embrace the message of the missionary I have had other exposures to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints--perhaps hearing the magnificent Tabernacle Choir perform, or just knowing another person who is a member and for whine respect exists. We, as members, should be at our best. Our lives should reflect the teachings of the gospel, and our hearts and voices ever be ready to share the truth.
Those were the best ones! (I thought, anyway).   Definitely things to think about and apply in our lives.
Our week was pretty much the normal, nothing too exciting-- The weather was horrible- so much snow and rain that it built up and got so heavy on the shop that when it slid off the roof it took the power pole attached to the shop down and the live wire was laying in the road the inside and outside power boxes started on fire. Thankfully they didn't catch the whole building on fire. So the shop was without power from about 10am Tuesday Til about 11am Wed. We hooked up the generator wed. Morning so the guys could work. We are definitely thankful for good friends that help us. Jay came out on his lunch Tuesday to see what parts he needed and came back after work to fix it. Jay, dad, and grandpa were out in the freezing cold and rain from 5 Til 1030. Getting the boxes back in working order. Then Wednesday we had to get a building inspector from the county to come and inspect the work since it was all new stuff and then the power guy had to come hook up the power lines.
We are definitely blessed by our Heavenly Father. The situation could have been much much worse.
Even though sometimes when we get completely stressed out about things that aren't going how we would like, and maybe start to wonder if we aren't being watched over it just takes a second to step back and realize that the things that have happened are minimal and maybe a little stressful but all manageable.
The weather makes our jobs and the drivers jobs really stressful and I swear this is the worst winter weather we have had in over 25 years. There is always a day or a week or 2 that stink, but this weather started the first of December and is still hanging on. We have had about 4 days without snow and rain and icy roads. It has been like heaven. But I think it's supposed to start back up on wed. This week. We are happy for the reprieve.
Carson went to mesquite with Kevin and Jolene for baseball camp on Friday and will be back tonight sometime. The camp was Sat, Sun, Mon. Dad and I went to the cabin for the weekend and holy crap there was a lot of snow. When we got there Friday night and started taking our stuff down. Dads first step he sunk to his butt. I wasn't super excited to walk down😟. He went down and got shovels and we shoveled a spot so we could park off the road. Then we proceeded to drag our stuff down the driveway. When we sunk, our feet weren't down to the pavement. That's how much snow there is. Probably more that 4 feet just in the driveway. It's crazy. We shoveled for hours on Saturday. Shoveled off the deck (there was at least 2 feet of snow all the way around and about 4 feet back), shoveled out the fire hydrant and the snow markers so the snow plow guy makes us a parking spot for next time, lots of snow. My back was hurting when we got done.  It was good exercise for sure.
We came home last night. Dad and Ben and Taylor gave grandpa a blessing and this morning he is down at LDS hospital having his shoulder replaced. He was telling us about how it's supposed to work. It's gross. They basically cut off his arm, put a new shoulder joint in and see his arm back on. Awesome that they can do that, but totally gross.
Well, I'll send you some pictures of the snow.
Have a great week!
Love
Mom
So this week wasn't the most successful week that I have had. I didn't teach as many lessons and find as many new people as usual because we were a little more focused on out investigators that are going to be baptized this week. So we worked really hard but didn't see too much success but I read a scripture in D&C that said something like don't run more than you are able to but be diligent to the end. So I was like okay. We are trying to run more that we can and teach more than we can but if we are diligent we will be okay. Then we did that and many people rejected us but in PMG says that no effort is lost. I was like wow I am just finding everything that I need to hear this week. But hey also I've been out for 6 months!!! Can you believe it? Where did the time go? I guess because the weather doesn't change here I didn't feel the time. But that is the experiences of this week that I am sharing with you! I love you mommy and hurry up with the glasses please...

Mom:  They should ship out by tomorrow.  so I should have them by the end of the week.  I will let Alejandro know when I send it. 
So who are you teaching?  What are your baptismal dates?

Jackson:  We have 2 girls Sabrina and Milena and the brother of Sabrina is Elmer. They are amazing. Well, Milena doesn't like to talk to us but really likes the church. Why are they taking so long.... Anyways I'm going blind and I hate this company that you bought them from. Hahah 
We teach them and some other families which aren't too positive but we are trying.

Mom:  You have obviously never gotten glasses. The last 2 times I got mine -different companies- they took 4 weeks to come. So you are just going to have to chill out. If it's that bad maybe you need to make an appointment. At the optometrist down there and get your eyes checked. 

Jackson:  That costs money ... I don't want to spend money... I can wait.. Love you mommy!!! :) and the photo of the temple did you get one? Oh how much was the journal? My comp wants to buy it from me.

Mom:  If you need some glasses, it doesn't matter what it costs.  It's probably a lot less than it is here.  I spent almost $1000 on 2 new pairs of glasses and my eye exam.The journal was $18. I have another one I can send to you if you want. I got 2 when I ordered. And no I haven't gotten a picture yet but I will do it this week so I can send the stuff as soon as the glasses come. 

Jackson:  Alright cool I'll charge him 20 ;) Love you mommy and that is because you are blind... But hey what is the difference between Taylor and I when Taylor was on his mission?

Mom:  Do you want me to send the other journal?  Anything else you need me to send?

Jackson:  Ya send it and candy is good. Oh send a USB full of church music like children's songs and hymns please and nearer my god to thee by BYU vocal point.

Mom:  ok-- I will see what I can find.  Dad got you a new SD card for your camera too, so send the full one home.   You are probably getting close to out of time.  Have a great week! Love you!

Jackson:  Love you!!!! Feliz Semana





VoiceRecording:

Well, Hello.  This week we had a few things happen.  Not too much this week but, We'll talk about it.  This week we had a multi-zone on Tues. We got instructed that companion exchanges with the district leader were going to be different. That the zone leaders with the assistants-- the zone leaders are going to go to the assistants area to see their example area and the district leaders are going to go to the zone leaders area to see the example area and then everybody is going to go to the district leaders area to see the example area.  But you're not gonna do an exchange, Everybody works in the area of the district leader or the area of the zone leader or the area of the assistants. Everybody.  But you're just with one of them normal.  ?? (Didn't really make sense to me)
It was Alejandro's birthday this week. So we threw a party kind of. The biggest party we could throw. So we ate a cake, we went out to eat.  We worked, we bought some stuff.  I bought a thing like a top.  You put a string around it and you throw it and pull back the string, but I'm not very good at it.  I've done it like 3 times out of 200 tries.  But, I'm gonna keep trying, it's pretty cool.  I got my name burnt on to it.  I also bought a turtle for my pencils.  They put my name on it. It looks pretty sweet.   
We also did interchanges with the zone leaders. It was alright, it was ok.  I was with the Zone leader that I like so it wasn't too bad.   We had fun that day.  
What else did we do this week?  We are going to baptize 3 people this week.  Well, one for sure, pretty sure 2 and maybe 3.   We didn't work a lot with Alejandro this week because we were gone, he worked with the other missionaries,  I don't know what really happened,but we didn't work with him very much this week and I was pretty sad.  It was kind of weird too.  My companion kind of pissed him off too.
We Play UNO all the time because I bought this UNO deck.  and we watched a Movie, Inside out because we can watch it in the mission.  It was pretty cool.  I never saw it and I liked it. it was pretty good.  That's about all we did.
  That was my week I guess.  We had some fun, we had some hard times, som e rough times  when we couldn't find anything to do, but we always pulled out.  We have been teaching some great people here.  We're going to baptize one of them in Feb. Alva L?  We are going to baptize Sabrina , Elmer and Melena.  Melena doesn't like to talk to us, I don't know what the deal is.  She's always like with her boyfriend or something, she's always doing something that she can't talk to us.  Elmer is going to pass with flying colors.  He goes to church by himself, we don't even have to bring him anymore because he's got so many friends there.    We've got Sabrina, she struggles with coffee, we just hope she's not going to drink coffee for the rest of this week, and if she doesn't we're going to baptize her, it's going to be awesome.  That's our people we're teaching.  We're working a couple more people, they came to church this week, but they aren't progressing a ton because they drink coffee a ton, but you know it's alright.
That was my week.  Love You Guys!! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment